The official Boris pm cluster-fuck thread

pandarilla

3 hours ago, smpar said:

It's a really bizarre notion that unionists have that Sturgeon is some kind of liar, cheat or morally absent dictator. I get that folk will hate Sturgeon, her politics and her personality etc; that's just politics. But surely even the thickest of weirdos know that as far as politician go, she's by far the most reliable, honest and morally-accomplished we have in this country. 

Low bar though. 

She's accomplished alright, an accomplished liar and no better than Johnson or any politico. The thick weirdos are the people in her cult that think her shite smells of jasmine. You couldn't mark her neck with a flame thrower. Aside from her history of lies and subterfuge she's now running an insolvent SG that is living off English patronage in the form of the block grant. If she was the CEO of any company she'd be removed toot suite.  Put wee Katy or Humza in charge. Can't be worse. 
Snifter Glue Pot with his usual obtuse analysis.

8 hours ago, Snifter Pee Rot said:

She's accomplished alright, an accomplished liar and no better than Johnson or any politico. The thick weirdos are the people in her cult that think her shite smells of jasmine. You couldn't mark her neck with a flame thrower. Aside from her history of lies and subterfuge she's now running an insolvent SG that is living off English patronage in the form of the block grant. If she was the CEO of any company she'd be removed toot suite.  Put wee Katy or Humza in charge. Can't be worse. 

Just had visions of Yousaf being FM there.  In the hot seat but picking fights with fitba' clubs and nurseries.. what a laugh it would be. 😆

Seriously though, we are safe with Sturgeon in power IMO.  She's a safe pair of hands for any Unionist, and isn't actually going for Independence.  She's cracking on the mic and cuts a good promo though.. great for PR, so anyone else is a step down in terms of electability for the Nats.

1 hour ago, DeeTillEhDeh said:

Snifter Glue Pot with his usual obtuse analysis.

If anything you have made his name less offensive!

But its clear there is a distinction between serious competent political leaders and people who are popular because they are so ridiculous - regardless of what you think of eithers politics. Nicola Sturgeon and Boris Johnson are in very different camps. As is Rishi Sunak or Sajid Javid who would both be far better Prime Ministers - even if many other senior Tories are cut from the ridiculous cloth.

I don't recall ridiculous female leaders but there has been loads of male ones recently - Duterte, Trump and Bolsonaro in charge of major economies. It's a chilling thought and it seems men can get away far better than women.

Maybe there's someone I'm missing. Thatcher was incredibly serious and competent regardless of what you think of her politics, in time Sturgeon will be viewed the same way even by those who hated her politics.

3 minutes ago, Satoshi said:

But its clear there is a distinction between serious competent political leaders and people who are popular because they are so ridiculous - regardless of what you think of eithers politics. Nicola Sturgeon and Boris Johnson are in very different camps. As is Rishi Sunak or Sajid Javid who would both be far better Prime Ministers (1) - even if many other senior Tories are cut from the ridiculous cloth.

I don't recall ridiculous female leaders(2) but there has been loads of male ones recently - Duterte, Trump and Bolsonaro in charge of major economies. It's a chilling thought and it seems men can get away far better than women.

Maybe there's someone I'm missing. Thatcher was incredibly serious and competent regardless of what you think of her politics, in time Sturgeon will be viewed the same way even by those who hated her politics.

1. In charge of governing a country where they have absolutely no shared experience of the lives of 99% of the population? Behave yourself. None of this crew would be an improvement, except that without the "BoJo Factor", they would be seen, naked, as the vicious scum they actually are. Try painting Javid, Patel, or Sunak as caring for the population. Go on, I'll wait. They're such a collection of incompetents that the News outlets are suggesting, that Liz Fucking Truss is a possible replacement for the fat oaf. That. Is. A. Disgrace.

2. You can't have forgotten Tweeza already? The Dancing Queen herself?

You're absolutely right about the OG Tory Witch, btw. I've found myself saying on many occasions in the last couple of years that I'd rather have her Government in charge through the pandemic than the circus of fools we are currently cursed with. If you're aware of my political leanings, you'll see that is quite damning for the incumbents.

57 minutes ago, Satoshi said:

But its clear there is a distinction between serious competent political leaders and people who are popular because they are so ridiculous - regardless of what you think of eithers politics. Nicola Sturgeon and Boris Johnson are in very different camps. As is Rishi Sunak or Sajid Javid who would both be far better Prime Ministers - even if many other senior Tories are cut from the ridiculous cloth.

I don't recall ridiculous female leaders but there has been loads of male ones recently - Duterte, Trump and Bolsonaro in charge of major economies. It's a chilling thought and it seems men can get away far better than women.

There is not a single Tory MP who I would even be begrudgingly comfortable with running the country. Even the ones who privately are decent people have thrown their weight behind a proven liar and cheat. The state of the Tories are no better than the Republicans in the US in that they sold their souls for a bufoon and are going to pay the price long term.

At least in the past while there were policies and politicians we wholeheartedly disagreed with, the majority of them at least had an ideology they stuck to. This current crop don't.

There are too many politicians of all parties now who study politics at uni then spend their entire lives in the system. We need more people who develop their ideologies and principles in the real world first. 

Edited by Theyellowbox

36 minutes ago, WhiteRoseKillie said:

1. In charge of governing a country where they have absolutely no shared experience of the lives of 99% of the population? Behave yourself. None of this crew would be an improvement, except that without the "BoJo Factor", they would be seen, naked, as the vicious scum they actually are. Try painting Javid, Patel, or Sunak as caring for the population. Go on, I'll wait. They're such a collection of incompetents that the News outlets are suggesting, that Liz Fucking Truss is a possible replacement for the fat oaf. That. Is. A. Disgrace.

Javid and Sunak have extremely different backgrounds to be fair. 

30 minutes ago, Carl Cort's Hamstring said:

Javid and Sunak have extremely different backgrounds to be fair. 

Absolutely. Neither of them have ever, ever, had to worry about paying the bills or how to deal with the flat next door becoming a dealer's latest retail outlet. They were educated where their parents wanted them to be, not where the system put them. NHS waiting lists are purely a theoretical problem for them.

Extremely different, indeed. From each other, arguably. From the Great British Public, undeniably.

1 hour ago, WhiteRoseKillie said:

2. You can't have forgotten Tweeza already? The Dancing Queen herself?

You're absolutely right about the OG Tory Witch, btw. I've found myself saying on many occasions in the last couple of years that I'd rather have her Government in charge through the pandemic than the circus of fools we are currently cursed with. If you're aware of my political leanings, you'll see that is quite damning for the incumbents.

Theresa May is a great example actually, she didn't make it because of her charisma or even his connections (she had none of either). She wasn't a successful Prime Minster but she got there because she was serious and credible, not because she was ridiculous.

And clearly Rishi Sunak has always been incredibly wealthy and has no idea how most people live. He would still be a signifciant upgrade on Johnson though.

39 minutes ago, Theyellowbox said:

There is not a single Tory MP who I would even be begrudgingly comfortable with running the country. Even the ones who privately are decent people have thrown their weight behind a proven liar and cheat. The state of the Tories are no better than the Republicans in the US in that they sold their souls for a bufoon and are going to pay the price long term.

At least in the past while there were policies and politicians we wholeheartedly disagreed with, the majority of them at least had an ideology they stuck to. This current crop don't.

There are too many politicians of all parties now who study politics at uni then spend their entire lives in the system. We need more people who develop their ideologies and principles in the real world first. 

Fair enough, although I don't agree that politicians were necessarily more principled in the past. I think a lot of the press clippings and stories at the time prove they were just as bad.

I actually think in the current media age you will have less politicans emerging from outside (and if they do they will be ridiculous ones). It's a skillset that takes decades to hone and plenty of connections.

The much maligned Iain Grey actually had a fairly impressive background of helping people in deseprately poor countries. Didn't make him a good politican though (although probably an okay guy).

UK politics is a bit fucked but so are many countries around the world. I would hope an independent Scotland would be able to achieve consensus driven politics but this is anthema in the social media age of good vs. bad (rhetoric from both sides in the independence referendums probably implies we are also fucked).

41 minutes ago, Theyellowbox said:

A group who can be classified with the following:

image.jpeg.46d66939257bd5e3c3a81f2f0db6acf2.jpeg

image.jpeg.b6e7ab00815afcf3e0eed1a8d08ce2e7.jpeg

images.jpg.367688c5bdad49defd5217250feadcae.jpg

image.jpeg.b3c9b37b74879f8fd15a453c1b21ba10.jpeg

6 minutes ago, WhiteRoseKillie said:

Absolutely. Neither of them have ever, ever, had to worry about paying the bills or how to deal with the flat next door becoming a dealer's latest retail outlet. They were educated where their parents wanted them to be, not where the system put them. NHS waiting lists are purely a theoretical problem for them.

Extremely different, indeed. From each other, arguably. From the Great British Public, undeniably.

Javid came from quite a poor background and had a successful career in Finance before joining politics. Rishi Sunak also had a fairly impressive career in Finance, probably helped by how rich and connected he was.

So neither are perfect but both far better than Johnson. For various reasons, those of wealthy backgrounds will always be overrpresented in politics. One of the reasons I had great respect for Lula when I lived in Brazil (most people I knew hated him), the guy couldn't read until he was 13 and became President. That's impressive. He did turn out to be massively corrupt in the end.

Modi too came from an impoverished background, impressive he got so far even if he is a rampant bigot. 

1 minute ago, Satoshi said:

Javid came from quite a poor background and had a successful career in Finance before joining politics. Rishi Sunak also had a fairly impressive career in Finance, probably helped by how rich and connected he was.

So neither are perfect but both far better than Johnson. For various reasons, those of wealthy backgrounds will always be overrpresented in politics. One of the reasons I had great respect for Lula when I lived in Brazil (most people I knew hated him), the guy couldn't read until he was 13 and became President. That's impressive. He did turn out to be massively corrupt in the end.

Modi too came from an impoverished background, impressive he got so far even if he is a rampant bigot. 

I completely agree about Javid and Sunak being a completely different kettle of fish from Johnson.

We all know Boris is self serving, doesn't really know what's going on, is a bumbling bufoon etc.. but the thing that scares me most is that he appears not to even believe in anything at all.  There's not an ideology present other than climbing the career ladder and treating the job as a joke.

It's hard to respect that.

3 minutes ago, Satoshi said:

Theresa May is a great example actually, she didn't make it because of her charisma or even his connections (she had none of either). She wasn't a successful Prime Minster but she got there because she was serious and credible, not because she was ridiculous.

And clearly Rishi Sunak has always been incredibly wealthy and has no idea how most people live. He would still be a signifciant upgrade on Johnson though.

Fair enough, although I don't agree that politicians were necessarily more principled in the past. I think a lot of the press clippings and stories at the time prove they were just as bad.

I actually think in the current media age you will have less politicans emerging from outside (and if they do they will be ridiculous ones). It's a skillset that takes decades to hone and plenty of connections.

The much maligned Iain Grey actually had a fairly impressive background of helping people in deseprately poor countries. Didn't make him a good politican though (although probably an okay guy).

UK politics is a bit fucked but so are many countries around the world. I would hope an independent Scotland would be able to achieve consensus driven politics but this is anthema in the social media age of good vs. bad (rhetoric from both sides in the independence referendums probably implies we are also fucked).

Ya think? That you can describe May as serious and credible with a straight face kind of backs that up. She was neither, but simply a useful idiot placeholder until Brexit had been achieved. Or, that was the plan at least. She damaged the brand too much to be allowed to stay even that long.

6 minutes ago, Satoshi said:

His father was a small businessman, having managed to save up enough to set out on his own from his earnings as a bus driver. That's neither poor, nor a viable proposition for someone in a similar position today. Had Javid actually experienced poverty, his actions in attacking the poor as part of this Government would make him even more of a cúnt than the grifting little shitweasel he actually is. His ignorance of the majority's lived experience is one of the few defences he could put up for his attitude, and would still leave him firmly in the cúnt category.

22 minutes ago, Satoshi said:

She was serious and credible only compared to what was around her. She sort of got the job by default as everyone else running completely back stabbed each other or made a complete arse of it. In footballing terms she was the big lump of a central defender who came up for a corner only fall over and the ball hit off their arse and go in.

Bizarrely, May seems a better politician now as a backbencher than before and in office. Maybe when they stop climbing the greasy pole they actually start focusing on what they are there to do. 

Edited by Theyellowbox

51 minutes ago, WhiteRoseKillie said:

And where is this horny handed son of the soil coming from?