The official Boris pm cluster-fuck thread

pandarilla

7 minutes ago, Tony Ferrino said:

Think so, can't be arsed to look back but I think he mentioned that Big questions programme on sunday morning and had already called the other poster Dom Raab. I was a shite post and doesn't warrant any further mentions.

The Raab insult was actually thrown at me by the poster in question.

Lol

1 hour ago, ICTJohnboy said:

I'm getting a sense that BJ will be gone by the morning.

Anyone else?

No chance.  They set a new bar with the whole Barnard Castle saga and when they got away with that, they knew they could get away with anything and this'll be no different.  Johnson will ride this out and many in the Tory heartlands will love him for it.

1 hour ago, Theyellowbox said:

FFS, not that I should ha enough to explain, but I will. There is a big difference between having nationalised utilities vs re nationalising already privatised utilities. Do I think they should sell be fully private? No. Do I think they should be fully nationalised? No. What we should have is an extension of what we already have. Part nationalised energy companies with heavy regulation and revenues set by an independent regulator. Add to that some fully private companies developing new technologies.

Could/would a fully nationalised energy company have switched from carbon generation to renewables as quickly as some of the privatised companies? No.

Had they not already been privatised I wouldn't want them privatised. Royal mail and water companies privatisation was a huge mistake.

BTW EDF isn't fully state owned and because it is part nuclear should never be privatised. 

Nuclear energy should be privatised and shares sold only to people that have Iranian citizenship.

2 hours ago, ICTJohnboy said:

I'm getting a sense that BJ will be gone by the morning.

Anyone else?

I think he'll stay seeing as BBC are focussing on him dishing out the new Covid restrictions whilst only referring to Allegra Stratton in the scandal-related headlines in some form of sacrificial deflection tactic.

28 minutes ago, Hedgecutter said:

I think he'll stay seeing as BBC are focussing on him dishing out the new Covid restrictions whilst only referring to Allegra Stratton in the scandal-related headlines in some form of sacrificial deflection tactic.

Naah...

To quote a lovely old Scottish expression, his jaicket's on a shoogly nail.

4 hours ago, Soapy FFC said:

Someone on P&B previously mentioned potential Tory defectors, I think the most likely candidate is pictured above, She was on HIGNFY recently, and whilst she took everything in good part, seemed to be well aware of how shit the Tories are. Also, unlike defecting MPs, she has a job for life.

9 minutes ago, Clown Job said:

I’m going to take a wild guess and suggesting No.10 is one of the most secured buildings in the UK

So I’m struggling to believe they’re telling the truth here about lack of evidence 

I suppose it is possible that some of the most secure buildings in the country have no record of who entered the buildings on what date and at what time, and who they were seeing, and when they left. 

Possible, but I don't believe it is in the least likely. 

(Edit. One of my sons works for a local charity. He can't enter the building without using his pass to gain entry, or leave without "clocking out". A visitors' book records others' entry and exit times and who they were meeting. They'd be able to say who, if anyone, was in the premises on 18 December last year, and for how long. The notion that government buildings in Downing Street can't provide these details is either a national security disaster or absolutely laughable.)

Edited by Salt n Vinegar

4 minutes ago, Joey Jo Jo Junior Shabadoo said:

Our Prime Minister looks like he sleeps in a bin. Let that sink in.

We should put in a bid for the Finnish prime minister. Sure, she likes a perty but much more soothing in the eye.

Edited by Melanius Mullarkey