The official Boris pm cluster-fuck thread

pandarilla

11 hours ago, Salt n Vinegar said:

It is occasionally mentioned but far too little attention is being paid to the disgraceful level of unemployment among 5 to 12 year olds, due to the ridiculous health and safety restrictions on them working in mines, up chimneys and crawling around under looms.  When, oh when, oh when will the government DO SOMETHING about it!? 

Just for clarity there’s no specific legislation that stops me anyone using them as footstools is there?

16 hours ago, Snafu said:

Stuck for good ideas JRM has appealed to the public erm.....Daily Express readers on what should be the next changes that the Governement should make. There were 2000 ideas. The most popular idea was emergency fracking (obviously not on Conservative ran constituencies, NIMBYs and all that) but the most workable idea and would hit all the Boomer nostalgia bells would be to doing away with the EU regulations that restrict vacuum cleaner power to 1400w.

Now this one I'm for, more power. need more power. Today's vacuum clears are piss poor weak like electric lawnmowers. If you are a man who demands more out of life, you need something powerful like a jet engine or a black hole for a vacuum cleaner, because reasons.

However despite that I think the whole list is a lie and Jacob Rees-Mogg made it all up himself and Daily Express readers are gullible fools,  what do you think?

Nine of the top ideas named from the department are:

1. Encourage fracking, shortcut rules on planning consultation via emergency act.
2. Abolish the EU regulations that restrict vacuum cleaner power to 1400 watts.
3. Remove precautionary principle restrictions (for instance) on early use of experimental treatments for seriously ill patients and GM crops.
4. Abolish rules around the size of vans that need an operator's licence.
5. Abolish EU limits on electrical power levels of electrically assisted pedal cycles.
6. Allow certain medical professionals, such as pharmacists and paramedics, to qualify in three years.
7. Remove requirements for agency workers to have all the attributes of a permanent employee.
8. Simplify the calculation of holiday pay (eg 12.07 percent of pay) to make it easier for businesses to operate.
9. Reduce requirements for businesses to conduct fixed wire testing and portable application testing.

7 and 8 have been snuck in there. The rest is a load of pish that they don't care about but use to make it all seem daft and silly and easy to dismiss when in fact they've tucked away the real shit they want near the end.

To these scum, Brexit was always about removing 'restrictions' and workers' rights in order to make even more money. Short term greed is all they care about.

2 hours ago, Snafu said:

In 20 years time I can see the UK Government which will obviously be made up of completely different people having to apologise to families for this debacle and the public will be shocked over what happened and questions asked why was one war regarded as different from another when regarding allowing people to stay in this country. Historically its going to look a bit racist.

Might be nice to hear Labours policy on immigration. *tumbleweed*

23 minutes ago, DA Baracus said:

7 and 8 have been snuck in there. The rest is a load of pish that they don't care about but use to make it all seem daft and silly and easy to dismiss when in fact they've tucked away the real shit they want near the end.

To these scum, Brexit was always about removing 'restrictions' and workers' rights in order to make even more money. Short term greed is all they care about.

I always thought the more money-driven Tories supported Remain as it allowed unlimited cheap Labour for big business, whereas the more patriotic ones supported leave.

Johnson, however, didn't give a toss either way and went for Leave late on, purely because it'd help him achieve becoming PM.

16 minutes ago, Duries Air Freshener said:

I always thought the more money-driven Tories supported Remain as it allowed unlimited cheap Labour for big business, whereas the more patriotic ones supported leave.

I assume you mean idiotic. 

Edited by dirty dingus

3 hours ago, Snafu said:

In 20 years time I can see the UK Government which will obviously be made up of completely different people having to apologise to families for this debacle and the public will be shocked over what happened and questions asked why was one war regarded as different from another when regarding allowing people to stay in this country. Historically its going to look a bit racist.

Two issues with your last sentence:

1. "Historically"?

2. "a bit"?

1 hour ago, dirty dingus said:

So us Scot's that want to leave a political Union are patriots?

OK, so you're just wanting an argument :D

I think anyone that loves their country and isn't ashamed to say it is a patriot.

I see the UK as a country, but I see Scotland as a country too.  It's a country within a country.

So yes, in terms of the Scots you refer to, they are Scottish patriots.  I don't see them as British patriots, but I doubt they'd argue with me on that point.

I'm both a British and Scottish patriot.

7 minutes ago, Duries Air Freshener said:

OK, so you're just wanting an argument :D

I think anyone that loves their country and isn't ashamed to say it is a patriot.

I see the UK as a country, but I see Scotland as a country too.  It's a country within a country.

So yes, in terms of the Scots you refer to, they are Scottish patriots.  I don't see them as British patriots, but I doubt they'd argue with me on that point.

I'm both a British and Scottish patriot.

I agree.

When I go abroad, I’m happy to say I’m Scottish but I do tend to put in a caveat stating I’m no fan of the separatists.

Its perfectly possible to be happy being Scottish and British.

6 hours ago, williemillersmoustache said:

Might be nice to hear Labours policy on immigration. *tumbleweed*

Here’s my prediction.

Labour will say nothing and the Tories will keep their powder dry, then during the next GE campaign the Tories, with the help of the MSM, will go in hard.  Labour’s response will be to waffle in a way that doesn’t convince the ‘Red Wall ‘ Tory voters and also alienates their own more progressive supporters.

This on its own could lead to a 10 point swing (Lab -5, Con +5).

9 minutes ago, Snafu said:

Senior Conservative MP Tobias Ellwood has called on Boris Johnson take the UK back into the European Union's single market in order to help mitigate the ongoing cost of living crisis.

https://www.politicshome.com/news/article/senior-conservative-says-uk-should-rejoin-single-market-to-ease-cost-of-living-crisis

Interesting....

Could solve the major block on Northern Ireland????

Yes the UK could follow the Norway model.

5D8480A3-F242-407B-AB74-0E888597AE7E.gif.1ad17d1a1bc1d36ac660722672346dd0.gif

13 hours ago, Snafu said:

Made up of (for the most part) different people? Highly likely.

Completely different people? Well, they'll likely be even more openly racist by then.

Apologising for anything the current government did?  :lol:

8 hours ago, Dawson Park Boy said:

I agree.

When I go abroad, I’m happy to say I’m Scottish but I do tend to put in a caveat stating I’m no fan of the separatists.

Its perfectly possible to be happy being Scottish and British.

Doesn’t that confuse people who then assume you’re not the rabid Brexiteer that you are?

2 minutes ago, Snafu said:

You think this style of Conservative Government are going to be around forever?

That's depressing.

No, nothing lasts forever.

If I had to put money on it, however, I'd be inclined to think that we're going to continue to drift right, and further towards fascism for the foreseeable. An awful lot of people seem to like it.

It'll likely take something big to happen that opens eyes. Either that, or the generation that largely votes for them to die off.