The official Boris pm cluster-fuck thread

pandarilla

2 minutes ago, Day of the Lords said:
19 minutes ago, The Skelpit Lug said:
Anybody who thinks the Tories attempt to 'make changes' to the Human Rights Act is about strengthening "the UK’s long tradition of protecting human rights" and creating a more equitable and just UK is seriously deluded. 

Surely no one is that fucking thick?

They'll be along in a minute, I'd imagine.

1 hour ago, Day of the Lords said:
1 hour ago, The Skelpit Lug said:
Anybody who thinks the Tories attempt to 'make changes' to the Human Rights Act is about strengthening "the UK’s long tradition of protecting human rights" and creating a more equitable and just UK is seriously deluded. 

Surely no one is that fucking thick?

Tory voters?

4 hours ago, doulikefish said:

Up to 34 letters in to the 1922 committee now and reports more to come could be an interesting week.Personally like granny I think he will survive so he can be ditched closer to the next election so the new leader cant be blamed for the chaos

If I was a rebel ringleader, I’d be asking potential letter writers to hold off for a few weeks. Boris will be desperate for the 54 letter to be hit in the next week or two so he wins the vote and gets a year’s immunity. If they can wait until after the 23rd June by-elections then I could potentially see them having the numbers to oust him because Tory MPs in both the red wall and blue wall will have a tangible example of their seat being in danger. 

2 hours ago, The Skelpit Lug said:

Someone will be along to quote Orwell presently.

4 hours ago, Fullerene said:

Actually 500g is about 1.102 pounds.  You will need to cut back.

Plus or minus 10% is 'about' as far as I'm concerned.

Also, does any weirdo still use Fahrenheit?

When folk ask you what height you are, do you say 177cm or 5' 10"?

8 minutes ago, Suspect Device said:

I still convert to Fahrenheit for temperatures in the summer for some reason, maybe because I just relate to a temperature in the 70's or 80's more than 23 or 24 C. But for winter temperatures I only use centigrade. But I am getting more used to centigrade for summer.

I use feet and inches for height, as I've always used that, but I'm a bit of a dinosaur.

For recipes, I use the units that the recipe uses, I wouldn't convert.

Edited by Soapy FFC

19 minutes ago, Suspect Device said:

Something about a boot and face.

I was thinking along the lines of War is Peace, Freedom is Slavery, Arse is Elbow, that kind of thing.

"The only way to preserve our freedoms and values is by limiting them" - winning Conservative slogan, 2024.

49 minutes ago, Suspect Device said:

Neither.  I am taller than that.

Surely almost everyone here uses Fahrenheit for summer temperatures, Celsius for winter.

Absolute oddball behaviour. No wonder everybody hates us.

54 minutes ago, Soapy FFC said:

I still convert to Fahrenheit for temperatures in the summer for some reason, maybe because I just relate to a temperature in the 70's or 80's more than 23 or 24 C. But for winter temperatures I only use centigrade. But I am getting more used to centigrade for summer.

I use feet and inches for height, as I've always used that, but I'm a bit of a dinosaur.

For recipes, I use the units that the recipe uses, I wouldn't convert.

2 minutes ago, BFTD said:

Surely almost everyone here uses Fahrenheit for summer temperatures, Celsius for winter.

Only Americans use Fahrenheit for temperature, whatever time of year it is. Cut it out you weirdos 

4 minutes ago, BFTD said:

I’ve been in the US 9 years and I’ve still never bothered learning Fahrenheit. Think because the first 4 were in Miami and the weather conditions were either ‘it’s really fucking hot’ or ‘there’s a hurricane coming, leave Miami’.