The official Boris pm cluster-fuck thread

pandarilla

The state of this country!

I could list a few dozen things that have happened under his tenure that should have had the party sending in the required number of letters- but no.

They reach the threshold because a couple of hundred Uber monarchists booed him on Saturday. 

6 minutes ago, Zern said:

govelick.png

Yoonity.

Bad for his image to plunge another dagger in his back. He'll be planning to slip through the middle while Truss, Sunak and Hunt rip each other to shreds.

1 minute ago, btb said:

Did Mikey have his fingers crossed behind his back?

Bit of trivia - TM only survived the Tories no confidence vote back in Dec 2018 by saying she wouldn't lead the party into the next GE, Johnson will give no such assurances.

I've been wrong before but I feel the vote will go against Johnson.

The suddenness of the vote is perhaps an indication that there is a lot of discontent amongst the lower ranks.

I want him to win by a slim margin. :)

But i'm no friend of the tories.

2 minutes ago, Brother Blades said:

The state of this country!

I could list a few dozen things that have happened under his tenure that should have had the party sending in the required number of letters- but no.

They reach the threshold because a couple of hundred Uber monarchists booed him on Saturday. 

He got the big calls right, according to Sajid and others.

Let me see:

Brexit - best deal ever - now not, forced through during Covid.

Covid - policy of "Herd Immunity" without a vaccine and refused to lock down or prepare for the pandemic, even after Italy showed clear signs of what could occur

Lockdown - partied they're asses off and now claim they were "hard-working" whilst the booze flowed freely up the walls

Yeah...big calls

7 minutes ago, welshbairn said:

Bad for his image to plunge another dagger in his back. He'll be planning to slip through the middle while Truss, Sunak and Hunt rip each other to shreds.

Gove knows he is a unlikeable slimeball, and his attempts to usurp Harry Enfield have done him in.

He's about as credible a candidate as Douglas Ross.

3 minutes ago, Zern said:

Gove knows he is a unlikeable slimeball, and his attempts to usurp Harry Enfield have done him in.

He's about as credible a candidate as Douglas Ross.

Aye, but apart from that... he's got a reputation for competency at his Department roles and he can be ferocious at the despatch box. I still think he's got a chance of slipping through unnoticed like May. 

6 minutes ago, Zern said:

He got the big calls right, according to Sajid and others.

Let me see:

Brexit - best deal ever - now not, forced through during Covid.

Covid - policy of "Herd Immunity" without a vaccine and refused to lock down or prepare for the pandemic, even after Italy showed clear signs of what could occur

Lockdown - partied they're asses off and now claim they were "hard-working" whilst the booze flowed freely up the walls

Yeah...big calls

Lost 10s of billions of £s down the back of the couch, roughly equivalent to income tax increases introduced on the working punter.

52 minutes ago, Jacksgranda said:

That should cover most scenarios...

Those in junior roles on the government payroll will be having conversations with each other as well as trying to gauge the strength of feeling amongst backbenchers.  If they think that the level of vote against Johnston will be significant then that’s where you’ll see the ‘flow’.  It’s all about self advancement, not integrity.

5 minutes ago, Lofarl said:

If he lost could he go full Nero and call a snap general election to bring the whole lot of them down?

Be a good threat.

He’d need the monarch’s approval which he wouldn’t get.