The Dundee Derby - 30/8/19

46 minutes ago, Big Gus said:

The Tele doing both Dee and Dab thundersticks this week.

Cringe...

The barrels are putting on a DJ from about 4pm with a 300 inch screen showing both sides goals against one another. On the Hilltoon. 

I see nothing but harmony and handholding upcoming. 

The barrels are putting on a DJ from about 4pm with a 300 inch screen showing both sides goals against one another. On the Hilltoon. 
I see nothing but harmony and handholding upcoming. 

I’ll be avoiding that. I won’t be drinking with DABs.

Thank You.

At the moment I am feeling fairly calm about everything but I am assuming that it is probably just a midweek drop off in excitement/anxiety after a flurry of activity on Saturday/Sunday/Monday. I am confident that everything will return to normal tomorrow afternoon for the final 24 hour run-in. 

Team selection from us hinges on whether or not Neilson drafts Connolly back in to the defence at the expense of Harkes (and Butcher moving back into the middle). Personally I think that he will revert back to Connolly and we will probably see the same team that started the previous two matches before the Dunfermline game. He might be tempted to start Pawlett ahead of Clark but if we couldn't get a strong 70-80 minutes out of Pawlett then I would keep him as an impact sub.

26 minutes ago, stumigoo said:

At the moment I am feeling fairly calm about everything but I am assuming that it is probably just a midweek drop off in excitement/anxiety after a flurry of activity on Saturday/Sunday/Monday. I am confident that everything will return to normal tomorrow afternoon for the final 24 hour run-in. 

Team selection from us hinges on whether or not Neilson drafts Connolly back in to the defence at the expense of Harkes (and Butcher moving back into the middle). Personally I think that he will revert back to Connolly and we will probably see the same team that started the previous two matches before the Dunfermline game. He might be tempted to start Pawlett ahead of Clark but if we couldn't get a strong 70-80 minutes out of Pawlett then I would keep him as an impact sub.

Speaking of impact subs, I’d like to see Scott Banks on the bench.

40 year you say? 
438717352_dundee-v-dundee-united-scottish-league-cup-final-1980-december-6th--1199-pekm704x1000ekm.thumb.jpg.15840f33aaa8cca37e0f55cc92bf2233.jpg

M cal pine’s wife’s a hoore, McAlpine’s wife’s a hoore, McAlpines wife, McAlpines wife’s a hoore.

What a great football song that was. I was so young in those days, you didn’t think how upsetting it must have been for him. Hopefully it was, anyway.

M cal pine’s wife’s a hoore, McAlpine’s wife’s a hoore, McAlpines wife, McAlpines wife’s a hoore.

What a great football song that was. I was so young in those days, you didn’t think how upsetting it must have been for him. Hopefully it was, anyway.

what’s story behind this spud? his wife fond of the cock?

1 hour ago, Fifespud said:

The one I remember is 'She's here, she's there, she's every fucking where, McAlpine's wife'

The scarey thing about McAlpine is that he doesn't seem to age, he looks the same now as he did 40 years ago. 

Probably a Jim Mclean test tube experiment.

Thank you.

what’s story behind this spud? his wife fond of the cock?

Allegedly. And once a rumour like that gets out there’s only one way it’s going to go.

We had to cling to any bits of joy we could get in those days. Pre Craig Wighton Day or the Doon Derby or beautiful Monday, however you like to describe it. The night we relegated the jobby sleeved twits.

11 minutes ago, Fifespud said:

Allegedly. And once a rumour like that gets out there’s only one way it’s going to go.

We had to cling to any bits of joy we could get in those days. Pre Craig Wighton Day or the Doon Derby or beautiful Monday, however you like to describe it. The night we relegated the jobby sleeved twits.

Yeah, in those days you were really grubbing around for crumbs of comfort. Not like now.