East Fife v Raith Rovers (28th Dec 2019)

3 hours ago, Broken Algorithms said:

Serious question, how does the current East Fife team rank in their teams since the 80s? Completely had our number over the last season and you've got a lot of really good players in there. 

Not quite been around since the 80s and was too young to really appreciate the team that Stevie Archibald put together to get promoted to the old 1st division in 96 in terms of comparing them to now. For me this is the best team we've had since then though.

Since getting relegated from the old 1st division in 97, we've only finished outside the bottom half of L1 / top half of L2 five times in 22 seasons. Twice finishing 5th in L1 and three seasons finishing in the bottom half of L2. There are a lot of "solid" mid-table L1 finishes in there but we have really struggled to get beyond that in the past two decades.

1 hour ago, basher brash said:

Eh not when I was in having a few pints

The Linos in the bar were not standing at the bar,  they were standing in the centre of the room, so no wonder you didn't see her doing that unless you were on your own and disguised as an EF supporter, but I can assure you she did and would NOT give it away free on health reasons.

1 hour ago, YoungersPaleAle said:

The Linos in the bar were not standing at the bar,  they were standing in the centre of the room, so no wonder you didn't see her doing that unless you were on your own and disguised as an EF supporter, but I can assure you she did and would NOT give it away free on health reasons.

I was at the bar standing in front of a smelly b*****d sitting down near the corner, the end of the day you shouldn’t be selling 2 years out of date beer or am I wrong and they didn’t purposely put all the out of date to the front of the fridge and hope no one complained if it was any where else you would be moaning your tits off but because it’s your own club your trying to defend it 

22 minutes ago, basher brash said:

I was at the bar standing in front of a smelly b*****d sitting down near the corner, the end of the day you shouldn’t be selling 2 years out of date beer or am I wrong and they didn’t purposely put all the out of date to the front of the fridge and hope no one complained if it was any where else you would be moaning your tits off but because it’s your own club your trying to defend it 

You are an erse and making up stories.  Just because your team got gubbed.  Grow up please.

4 minutes ago, RioRab said:

You are an erse and making up stories.  Just because your team got gubbed.  Grow up please.

29 minutes ago, basher brash said:

I witnessed the bottles being emptied, so you are telling porkies pal.

Besides, I think the bar is run by another company, not East Fife?

Edited by YoungersPaleAle

10 minutes ago, RioRab said:

Anyhow, this is the match thread, so lets get back to the football.  What did you think about the result then?

9 hours ago, LiamA said:

Come on guys let's not make a mountain out of mole hill here. He apologised to Kev, Kev accepted it, move on nothing to see here!

Couldn't agree more. Unfortunately I see the Scottish schools fa president wants to make a mountain out of a molehill when you click on the Twitter comments. Sounds like an individual that sits on too many commitee with the blazers. Stick to making a mess of youth football and pipe down.

Not quite been around since the 80s and was too young to really appreciate the team that Stevie Archibald put together to get promoted to the old 1st division in 96 in terms of comparing them to now. For me this is the best team we've had since then though.
Since getting relegated from the old 1st division in 97, we've only finished outside the bottom half of L1 / top half of L2 five times in 22 seasons. Twice finishing 5th in L1 and three seasons finishing in the bottom half of L2. There are a lot of "solid" mid-table L1 finishes in there but we have really struggled to get beyond that in the past two decades.
I'll probably get pelters from the old school, but I've said it before now. Personally, I'd rate this current squad as the best weve had in my lifetime following the club.
We may have had better individuals within squads in the past, but if you look at this squad on a pure football basis, then is the winner. Ok, we blew the last 2 months of last season, for a variety of reasons, but overall, the standard of football is way above where we have been in decades. The progression over the past 12 months has been phenomenal. And yes, I was one of the , " I'll give him till the end of August to sort it, or he's out" brigade. But had to eat my words , and applaud the work done, so far. Consistency is the key to taking this team even further.

1 hour ago, smuggfifer said:

I'll probably get pelters from the old school, but I've said it before now. Personally, I'd rate this current squad as the best weve had in my lifetime following the club.
We may have had better individuals within squads in the past, but if you look at this squad on a pure football basis, then is the winner. Ok, we blew the last 2 months of last season, for a variety of reasons, but overall, the standard of football is way above where we have been in decades. The progression over the past 12 months has been phenomenal. And yes, I was one of the , " I'll give him till the end of August to sort it, or he's out" brigade. But had to eat my words , and applaud the work done, so far. Consistency is the key to taking this team even further.

Top post and fully agree. The togetherness of the squad is obvious and appears to be a great team spirit. Top marks to Darren Young. 

Watching those goals again from Saturday is just delightful. Should have been 6.

What a performance! 

I've seen East Fife win a title twice in my lifetime, and both times we seemed to stroll to it, especially the season under Dave Baikie. This East Fife team though has often come back to win from losing positions, which has proved far more exciting. The work rate, determination and togetherness is there for all to see. I genuinely think in years to come, we'll still be talking about the players we're seeing on the field just now, and there's some real cult heros. Something we've not had since the Steve Archibald days. It does help we've not started the season with a whole new team and we at least know who's who! Or maybe, it's my 5 year old constantly telling me which players which, taking me back to my youth of Gordon Marshall, Stuart Burgess, Steve Pitman, Ally Mitchell, then Lindsay Hamilton, Dave Beaton, Robert Scott, John Sludden , Joe McBride, Dougie Hope, Ronnie Hildersley etc. Win, lose or draw no one can argue that the last couple of seasons haven't been entertaining. We do have a habit of gifting easy goals though. Long, Dunsmore, Higgins, Dunlop, Meggatt, Slattery, Smith ,Agnew, Wallace, Watt, Dowds, Davidson, RC19 to name the best from recent times. Can never predict what'll happen with this side, which only adds to the experience!

Very happy with these highlights but must try & set the Gopros up better so they're not all squinty! No wider angle video of Aggy's goal as the camera had taken a wee bit of a dunt earlier on!

Edited by LiamA

17 hours ago, RioRab said:

,l

17 hours ago, RioRab said:

I’m an arse now ! Why use personal insults? I only asked a question regarding out of date beer and yet you result to being personal

1 hour ago, basher brash said:

,l

I’m an arse now ! Why use personal insults? I only asked a question regarding out of date beer and yet you result to being personal

No, I said an erse and no, you did not just ask a question, you made a statement that the bar staff deliberately sold out of date beer.  You also called someone a "smelly b*****d", but since I saw all you linos standing together in a group, you obviously were smelling either one (or more), of them.