Motherwell v Hibernian

That was dire. I'm never usually one to jump on the 'sack the manager' train a few games into the season but another insipid performance against a side with significantly less resources than us to recruit and I'm pretty much there. Paul needs to pull a few miracle signings off to save his hide because this team has no fight in them whatsoever.

Lovely stuff. 

Fair enjoyed that and it was good to see a fair few answering their early season critics today. Gillespie excellent, Hartley rejuvenated, Seedorf and Hylton making the difference in the final third. Only downside was Long, who should have had a hat-trick with the chances he passed up. Although I was impressed with Cole’s 2nd half cameo. 

Was glad to see Carroll back in- without wanting to tempt fate, it finally looks like we have a left back worthy of the no 3 strip. Polworth continues to impress, his range of passing is excellent. James Scott was great to watch as well and is justifying Robinson’s decision to keep him around instead of loaning him out. 

Still very early days but a thoroughly enjoyable display and a much deserved win. 

Edited by Casagolda

24 minutes ago, well fan for life said:

That Hibs midfield is the most powderpuff midfield I’ve seen in years. Campbell absolutely ran amok.

I’m not a stupid man, I understand the hype around players like Turnbull because he’s clearly brilliant, but why is nobody offering us upwards of £50m for Campbell? I absolutely love him. 

Edited by Swami

3-0 against Hibs at any time is a good thing - we've rarely done that over the years. Have to get it out the way early though - Hibs were totally insipid and lacking any sort of fight which is mental this early on in the season.

Unlike the Accies game last week though, I thought our defence and midfield did have to get out of first gear and they did a great job. Interesting to me that a defence without Tait and Dunne looked as solid as any for a few months. Hartley is a surprise to me - he has bossed things over the past two weeks and that is real bonus as I'd pretty much written him off TBH.

Who knows how much good our wingers scoring will do - but both looked good at times and old jazz hands whittaker had a tough shift.

The only small negatives today were that Long had a bad day at the office given the chances he missed and (on a related note), we only scored three - it should have been five really.

The start to the season has been upgraded to Decent.

Edited by Swello

Just a wee cautionary word for those Well fans about a 3-0 win against us. In a similar vein to the St Johnstone "comeback" last week (when they deserved to win, tbh), Hibs are complete dugshite and Heckingbothams team, tactics, signings and ability to change games are all fucked.

So, without wishing to piss on your chips todays result was never in doubt - I was like Gripper Stebson kicking a blind, lame, gagged and bound kitten then claiming to be the hardest c**t in school.

As for Hibs - jesus, unless the board shows some nuts and gets rid we are fucked. I cant even take any solace that Hearts are bottom of the league because (and this is 100% true) I think we are the worst team in the league right now.

Off to drown in red wine.....................

Didn’t think Hibs were that bad, bit toothless up front but apart from that they were ok. I think we just used the ball better in the final 3rd.
Started taking my two boys this season and now that’s 3 wins out of 3. Long may that continue.