The Big Relegation Thread

Based on the games I have seen, Hamilton and Ross County have been the worst two teams. Accies had nothing going forward, County couldn't defend. Hearts were absolutely reliant on Naismith but they weren't too bad. St Johnstone and St Mirren both had enough fight to escape relegation.

If Hearts spend wisely and well, Accies and County have big issues to fix. Strange to say that about a team who recently were in the top six, but you cannot keep shipping goals at more than two a game.

51 minutes ago, LincolnHearts said:

tbf mate, there is not a single Hearts fan I know saying we are 'too big' to go down. To avoid any confusion, we are not.  

Sorry if my post wasn't clear, but I was on about fans of other clubs, not Hearts.

Most Hearts fans I know are under no illusions about the threat of relegation, it's fans of Motherwell, Killie etc. who seem to have convinced themselves you can't go down.

Bit of a 'sky is falling' thing amongst the county support at the moment but I'm not overly concerned. We are capable of being thumped by any team in this league without doubt, but I think we will have just enough in the end. 

Accies are the worst team I've seen. Their performance on the first day of the season up at Dingwall was comfortably the worst I've ever seen at premier league level. Fully appreciate that they can and will improve and they are normally hard to beat at least. 

Hearts are a strange one but form doesn't lie. I'd be very concerned if I was a hearts fan. I think the telling thing for them is going to be the attitude of this squad who were assembled for a fight for europe, not for a relegation fight. Hamilton, both saints teams and county have proven over several seasons now that we all have the balls for a fight like this. Do hearts? 

I don't get this idea that Hearts will struggle more than the likes of Accies and St. Mirren due to the latter 2 teams having experience of being in a relegation battle. It's as if some people have this idea that, when it really matters, these teams can turn up and get whatever result they need in order to stay up when the reality is that if these teams were any good they wouldn't constantly be fighting relegation in the first place.

Lionel Messi doesn't have much experience of being in a relegation battle but i'm fairly sure he would give Hearts a decent chance of staying up if they signed him in January.

We've not finished below 8th in the league since coming up and spent half of our seasons since playing European football. Our lack of experience fighting the drop was a genuine fear of mine when it became clear it would likely be a concern this season and still is to be honest.

43 minutes ago, HibsFan said:

Sorry if my post wasn't clear, but I was on about fans of other clubs, not Hearts.

Most Hearts fans I know are under no illusions about the threat of relegation, it's fans of Motherwell, Killie etc. who seem to have convinced themselves you can't go down.

Who has actually said this ? Looking through the last few pages I can’t see anyone stating “ Hearts can’t go down” I can see one or two stating they are already relegated.

Edited by Yorky

15 minutes ago, LincolnHearts said:

I will be the smuggest c**t on here when St Johnstone are in the thick of it. Please bookmark.

No doubt itll bite me on the arse, but so far Hearts are comfortably the worst side in the league and I cant envisage it drastically changing unless they make an unreal signing.

2 hours ago, LincolnHearts said:

If wholesale changes are not made on and off the field in the coming weeks, we will be relegated before the split.

Please , God , let that happen.

Their last game before the split is at Pittodrie. I’d love for us to hammer the final nail in their coffin.  Although the joy of gloating if they were already dead and buried by then would also be perfectly acceptable.

He - at 17 - was very good in the derby yesterday, it was some older and more experienced heads that let them down.
He was as rubbish as his teammates yesterday, just as he has been almost every time I've seen him. Because he's 17 people judge him to a lower standard than a 25 year old would be. When you're that age you'll basically get praised for managing not to fall over or score a hat-trick of own goals.

2 hours ago, Grangemouth Bairn said:

Spot on mate. Hearts were well beaten by Hibs imo but he had an ok game.

We should be all hoping all the young Scottish lads improve and thrive.

Thats why I can’t understand the attitude of posters such as The Scarf.

He was utter shite yesterday. 

10 minutes ago, craigkillie said:
3 hours ago, Green Day said:
He - at 17 - was very good in the derby yesterday, it was some older and more experienced heads that let them down.

He was as rubbish as his teammates yesterday, just as he has been almost every time I've seen him. Because he's 17 people judge him to a lower standard than a 25 year old would be. When you're that age you'll basically get praised for managing not to fall over or score a hat-trick of own goals.

I appreciate that you get a good view on the TV but it also concentrates - rightly - on where the ball is and sometimes misses what the pundits call the "out of possession" stuff.

Hickey was constantly up that left wing, making space that begged to be used - that his team mates were mostly blind to it is not his fault. When he did get the ball, he was always trying to do wee 1-2s with Meschino and generally create for Hearts. Everything decent came from him, the only other tactic was balls shelled forward to Uche.

What he was not was "rubbish".

However, he is 17 and playing him week in week out risks burning him out and turning him into another Harry Cochrane.

I keep assuming that, at some point in time, Hearts will start to pick up wins. Whether or not they're cut adrift of 10th by that point is probably their biggest issue.

I thought that St Johnstone would start picking up points too, and I've been proved correct. Of the four others - themselves, St. Mirren, County, and Hamilton - St Johnstone have the strongest team.  County are wildly inconsistent but we've picked up 6 points from four December games so far, which is 4 more than I expected after the St Mirren defeat - I still think we'll finish 9th, which I'd be delighted with.

38 minutes ago, yoda said:

Of the four others - themselves, St. Mirren, County, and Hamilton - St Johnstone have the strongest team. 

Not convinced about that, tbh. Folk seem blinded by the names in our attack rather than what's actually there. We've zero defensive depth, no striker worthy of the name, and the midfield has spent the season being carried by a 20 year old in his first top flight season.

For what it’s worth , I reckon St Johnstone’s performance against us about a month ago was the worst I’ve seen from any opponents this season. And I’m talking about the 75 minutes or so when they had 11 players on the park

We were piss-poor that day lacking any real urgency  , until the last 5 minutes  but despite that we were comfortably in control and managed to create enough chances to have the game sewn up long before they equalised. The Saints posed no threat at all until they scored.

However , maybe the salvaging of a point that day was a turning point for them as they’ve had a pretty good run since then.. But they were so bad that I think the possibility of them,going on a another bad run shouldn’t be discounted.