The Big Relegation Thread

13 hours ago, RandomGuy. said:

Bottom half table

Screenshot_20230422_224005_Chrome.thumb.jpg.8994fbb13be23b4f0df38215875805c1.jpg

So expected points in last 5 games:

Livi - 10 (9.67)
Well - 7
St. J - 7
Utd - 6 (6.33)
County - 6
Killie - 5 (5.33)

Would mean final points total of:

Livi - 52
Well - 44
St. J - 40
Utd - 37
Killie - 36
County - 33

2 hours ago, craigkillie said:

I'm not sure they'll want to send St Johnstone to us for a third time given that we are in direct competition for relegation places, so it feels more likely to me that a couple more of Motherwell's fixtures will be switched such that they come to Ayrshire for a third time, but host United and Saints for a third time.

I'm inclined to think this will happen now. A few weeks ago, probably not, but to send Saints to Killie a third time would be hard to take.

If they do just go for the simplest option then surely it'll be the first game after break, which I'm sure Killie would be delighted with.

Even as a huge advocate for the split, getting relegated at Rugby Park on the last day would be hard to swallow.

10 hours ago, Radford said:

I'm inclined to think this will happen now. A few weeks ago, probably not, but to send Saints to Killie a third time would be hard to take.

If they do just go for the simplest option then surely it'll be the first game after break, which I'm sure Killie would be delighted with.

Even as a huge advocate for the split, getting relegated at Rugby Park on the last day would be hard to swallow.

For those with a long memory, I'd be delighted if we were safe going into the final game and whoever we play is up against Killie for straight relegation and we stuck a striker at centre half, get beat and Killie go down. Revenge for 93/94.....

7 hours ago, Theyellowbox said:

For those with a long memory, I'd be delighted if we were safe going into the final game and whoever we play is up against Killie for straight relegation and we stuck a striker at centre half, get beat and Killie go down. Revenge for 93/94.....

Did Killie not draw 0-0 at Hibs to stay up that year while you 'only' beat us 1-0 at FP while needing a larger win to stay up? What's the story?

Someone needs to stop our players speaking to the media. 

Screenshot_20230424_075534_Chrome.thumb.jpg.e2728da51cf732823b4e33966458b1c7.jpg

Considine at it today. Cammy MacPherson made a similar claim 5 games ago and we didnt win a single one.

26 minutes ago, Handsome_Devil said:

Did Killie not draw 0-0 at Hibs to stay up that year while you 'only' beat us 1-0 at FP while needing a larger win to stay up? What's the story?

Yeah, Killie were the beneficiaries but it was, unsurprisingly, Rangers who didn't give a toss about sporting integrity when they played Mark Hateley at centre back against Killie.

A cup double would pale into insignificance compared to being able to repay that favour and cost that mob the title. Even better if Hateley was on Sportsound that day.

27 minutes ago, Radford said:

Yeah, Killie were the beneficiaries but it was, unsurprisingly, Rangers who didn't give a toss about sporting integrity when they played Mark Hateley at centre back against Killie.

A cup double would pale into insignificance compared to being able to repay that favour and cost that mob the title. Even better if Hateley was on Sportsound that day.

Yip. 2nd last game of the season, last game at Rugby Park before redevelopment, I think.. and Rangers totally dicked about with their team and played a load of reserves and Hateley in central defence. Nowadays there would be a big uproar about sporting integrity, but from memory, it was portrayed as Rangers protecting players prior to cup final, which doesn't wash as they played a full strength team the following week. 

1 hour ago, Radford said:

What a weird outlook. 

1 hour ago, Radford said:

Ta for that.

I remembered Rangers completely chucked it that season when the title was confirmed as folk sometimes claim we could have won the league with a strong finish - ridiculous as it was only close due to Rangers stopping completely, from memory they also got tanked at Firhill and drew at home to Dundee or something.

Suspect both Motherwell and St Johnstone will have some nervous moments in the next few weeks but both will be top-flight next season. Whether you get your revenge on Killie 30 years on a different matter mind.

1 hour ago, Handsome_Devil said:

Suspect both Motherwell and St Johnstone will have some nervous moments in the next few weeks but both will be top-flight next season.

We'll be fine. Our record against other bottom 6 teams is decent and we're on a good run of form at the minute with the most in form striker in the league.

St Johnstone won't finish bottom, but Utd seem to finally have clicked and if Killie can maintain their home form and finally start picking up points away from home as they did at the weekend, I could see them sliding to 11th but staying up via the playoffs again.  

Edited by dezz

On 22/04/2023 at 21:31, PauloPerth said:

Livi being in the bottom 6 isn’t great for us as we usually struggle against them.  Our record against the rest is okay.

Points we’ve taken against each:

Livingston    0

Motherwell  7

Dundee Utd 6

Kilmarnock  4

Ross County 4

How do the rest of you fellow bottom sixers fare up ?

Aye St Johnstone are about the only team i'd have any confidence at all going into a game against just now, purely because we beat you 2 games ago. Our current form is pretty shite, falling off a cliff in our last 11 league games, 3 wins, 1 draw, and 7 defeats.

Wins were against Killie, Ross County and St Johnstone right enough, who we will play in these bottom 6 games. Still not confident we'd beat the other 2 again with our current form, esp if it's an away game.

1 hour ago, LIVIFOREVER said:

Aye St Johnstone are about the only team i'd have any confidence at all going into a game against just now, purely because we beat you 2 games ago. Our current form is pretty shite, falling off a cliff in our last 11 league games, 3 wins, 1 draw, and 7 defeats.

Wins were against Killie, Ross County and St Johnstone right enough, who we will play in these bottom 6 games. Still not confident we'd beat the other 2 again with our current form, esp if it's an away game.

Not really got a lot of confidence for any of them TBH. Those that are off at the end of the season should be dropped in favour of fringe players who haven't been getting the chance for whatever reason. Those players already in holiday mode should be given a swift kick up the jacksie.

2 minutes ago, Durnford said:

Not really got a lot of confidence for any of them TBH. Those that are off at the end of the season should be dropped in favour of fringe players who haven't been getting the chance for whatever reason. Those players already in holiday mode should be given a swift kick up the jacksie.

Can understand the holiday mode attitude to an extent, not much left to play for (due to them being bottle merchants) other than finishing as high as we can, holding onto 7th place. However they're still getting paid a wage to play football till the league is done, and us fans have paid ST's for the full season, so we're entitled to expect the players to have some professionalism and put an effort in still.

Also i would expect Martindale to be telling them they're playing for a right to still be in the squad next season (the ones that aren't leaving anyway), he'll have a rebuild job on his hands again in the close season, esp in defence.

1 minute ago, Thereisalight.. said:

What takes so long to decide fixtures?! Top and bottom 6 were as you were from over a week ago 

Except for the fact that 3 teams could have changed at any point on Saturday, so it's not a case of simply saying it's the same as weeks ago is it?

13 hours ago, Theyellowbox said:

29 years later……

Close to a film I saw.

4 minutes ago, Widge said:

Except for the fact that 3 teams could have changed at any point on Saturday, so it's not a case of simply saying it's the same as weeks ago is it?

No, but it was practically nailed on last week who the top 6 would be. Wouldnt have took much to work out the fixtures and tweek it if needed 

Edited by Thereisalight..