The Big Relegation Thread

3 hours ago, Handsome_Devil said:

We relegated Falkirk in 93, kind of St Johnstone in 94

Ah, fair enough. That's a couple of years before I began attending games regularly.

I think we can say it's been long enough since we caused some tears (Rangers Playoff aside) so sending United down on the last day sounds like a lovely way to cap our 38th(!) consecutive season in the top flight. 

12 minutes ago, ATLIS said:

Although it won't quite be to the levels we relegated Dundee, relegating someone could be quite fun I reckon. Something to at least go to the games that are left for

If we lose every game bar one, and the team we beat finish bottom (where a draw/win would have kept them up), then there could be some fun sporting integrity chat.

3 minutes ago, PSJ.84 said:

20/1 for us to finish bottom is decent odds 

You'd be best saving your money...at least for those odds.

Killie playing both United and county narrows your path to bottom considerably and even then you're still one scrambled draw from avoiding it (probably).

I don't think St Johnstone will finish in the bottom two but if you slip down there it definitely won't be 12th.

20 minutes ago, Handsome_Devil said:

You'd be best saving your money...at least for those odds.

Killie playing both United and county narrows your path to bottom considerably and even then you're still one scrambled draw from avoiding it (probably).

I don't think St Johnstone will finish in the bottom two but if you slip down there it definitely won't be 12th.

I still think 20/1 is quite steep, but I do agree with you

8 hours ago, Savage Henry said:

That’s what it has boiled down to - who is so bad they can’t beat Livingston?  County - pass.  Kilmarnock - pass.  

At some stage, Livingston will surely win a game, and it’s likely to relegate somebody.  

United and St Johnstone?

640px-Hands-Fingers-Crossed.jpg

25 minutes ago, Rugbypark said:

Ross Co this season and Livingston next. Both liabilities. 

:D You've been on our thread to tell us we bring nothing to the league and now this. I think someone is a little bit jealous of us. Adorable.

5 hours ago, ATLIS said:

Although it won't quite be to the levels we relegated Dundee, relegating someone could be quite fun I reckon. Something to at least go to the games that are left for

Make it next week, cheers.

I know it can change a lot from week to week, but the three points we gained against Livingston are massive and give me hope that we won't finish bottom now - I word it in that way because three weeks ago I was feeling great after beating St. Mirren in Paisley and last weekend I was very down about it all following our defeat at Fir Park. Having two of the three remaining games at home is massive for us because I absolutely would not feel confident about winning the games if they were away from home. One more win for us probably means that we don't finish bottom, and two will probably be enough to guarantee safety. I just worry that we go into the last match needing a win because that would fill me with absolute dread. Right now I think we might just edge our way to safety, but ask me how I feel about it this time next week and then a week on Thursday and I might give you totally different answers. 

4 minutes ago, Andy_K_97 said:

I know it can change a lot from week to week, but the three points we gained against Livingston are massive and give me hope that we won't finish bottom now - I word it in that way because three weeks ago I was feeling great after beating St. Mirren in Paisley and last weekend I was very down about it all following our defeat at Fir Park. Having two of the three remaining games at home is massive for us because I absolutely would not feel confident about winning the games if they were away from home. One more win for us probably means that we don't finish bottom, and two will probably be enough to guarantee safety. I just worry that we go into the last match needing a win because that would fill me with absolute dread. Right now I think we might just edge our way to safety, but ask me how I feel about it this time next week and then a week on Thursday and I might give you totally different answers. 

That fantasy scenario for everyone else is Killie need a point to guarantee 11th on the last day while knowing a win could lift them above County but a loss could see them fall below United.

Decisions and drama all over the shop before the hilarity of an utter stitch up in the last 10 minutes.

To be fair St Johnstone are really good at dealing with pesky Championship wannabes in play offs, Killie?? Not so smart, other pair?? Not so sure. 
Nice of Dundee United to allow ST holders to bring a friend for free to the Killie game, then charge us £25, I think we will yet again take a good following up as it could be a crucial one. 

3 hours ago, ATLIS said:

:D You've been on our thread to tell us we bring nothing to the league and now this. I think someone is a little bit jealous of us. Adorable.

He might have to wait another few seasons yet, going by the pattern that has formed, we've finished 5th, then 6th, last season 7th, and it's looking like 8th this season. So 9th next season, 10th the following......