The Big Relegation Thread

1 minute ago, DeeTillEhDeh said:

I only want Saints to go down so I don't see Boredom Guy's pish next season.

We barely share a division as it is with you lot getting relegated so often, so im not sure why you think anything would change about where i post if we drop a tier.

11 hours ago, skinny arab said:

With the rumour that Fletcher is out for the final 3 games we might as well just merge this with the Utd thread. Who would have guessed having just 1 striker (an ageing 1 who was always likely to pick up an injury) would come back and bite us on the arse. 

Is this not, a bit like the red card given to Charlie Mulgrew, a net positive?  Or do you have literally no other strikers?

29 minutes ago, Savage Henry said:

Is this not, a bit like the red card given to Charlie Mulgrew, a net positive?  Or do you have literally no other strikers?

Fletcher is our only senior striker as we let Clark go in the summer without replacing him and then let Watt leave in the last window without replacing him, we are now relying on a 17 year laddie to step up for the final 3 games and be our saviour.

Fletcher was poor in the last game against County but he is a massive loss for the remaining games.

14 hours ago, DeeTillEhDeh said:

You do know there isn't a big dome on top of the Premiership forum stopping fans from other divisions coming on here, hell there's even Falkirk fans posting on here.

1 hour ago, LIVIFOREVER said:

You do know there isn't a big dome on top of the Premiership forum stopping fans from other divisions coming on here, hell there's even Falkirk fans posting on here.

There fucking should be IMO. Several Ton fans on our threads in Autumn after we had a poor run of form and they were still deluding themselves re the possible outcome of their season. They must have misplaced their logins recently or something.

On 16/05/2023 at 21:47, D-Fens Foster said:

Whoever finishes in the playoff place I can’t see them losing to Ayr/Partick. As an innocent bystander i think a Killie/Ayr final would be very interesting for the neutral. Still fancy any of the Prem teams to come out on top tho.

Having watched Thistle tonight, i tend to disagree. Think it could be very tight between them and a prem side. Only lost once in the last 16 games, and scored 34 goals in the process.

9 hours ago, Hendo said:

Having watched Thistle tonight, i tend to disagree. Think it could be very tight between them and a prem side. Only lost once in the last 16 games, and scored 34 goals in the process.

Thistle have been superb during these playoffs and have momentum. Ayr seem to have blown it.My one worry would be Thistle running out of steam should they progress against a Premier side.Odds would be against them unfortunately. 

Just now, Troy.1995 said:

Thistle have been superb during these playoffs and have momentum. Ayr seem to have blown it.My one worry would be Thistle running out of steam should they progress against a Premier side.Odds would be against them unfortunately. 

I'm another one reconsidering my conviction the top-flight side were a banker.

The odds are definitely still against them but a good win at home in the first leg against, say, a United who can't defend, certainly isn't impossible. 

And from there who knows.

Thistle have a nice mix in their squad too.

Tiffoney, Graham and Lawless all seem to be in form just now so it probably depends on if that lasts or luck goes against them eventually. I dont fancy playing them tbh.

momentous day in the relegation battle today with just 3 games left.

Kilmarnock v St Johnstone 

Livingston v Dundee United

Motherwell v Ross County

9. St Johnstone - 36

10. Kilmarnock - 34

------------------

11. Ross County - 33

------------------

12. Dundee United - 31

St Johnstone remain a win from safety. But Kilmarnock and Ross County could overtake them today. Time seems to be ticking out for United again.

Wednesday is potentially decisive, so thats why today is important.

Dundee United Kilmarnock 

Ross County St Johnstone 

A chance we head into the final day like....

9. Kilmarnock - 37

10. Ross County - 36

------------------

11. St Johnstone - 36

------------------

12. Dundee United - 34

Which feels like carnage.

Final fixtures are...

Kilmarnock Ross County

Motherwell v Dundee United

St Johnstone v Livingston

Edited by RandomGuy.

1 hour ago, RandomGuy. said:

Tiffoney, Graham and Lawless all seem to be in form just now so it probably depends on if that lasts or luck goes against them eventually. I dont fancy playing them tbh.

Motherwell v Ross County

9. St Johnstone - 36

10. Kilmarnock - 34

------------------

11. Ross County - 33

------------------

12. Dundee United - 31

St Johnstone remain a win from safety. But Kilmarnock and Ross County could overtake them today. Time seems to be ticking out for United again.

Dundee United Kilmarnock 

Ross County St Johnstone 

9. Kilmarnock - 37

10. Ross County - 36

------------------

11. St Johnstone - 36

------------------

12. Dundee United - 34

Final fixtures are...

Kilmarnock Ross County

Yeah, even in your worst case scenario this weekend, you're going into that last game only needing a win at home against Livi. Which you will get.

10 hours ago, Hendo said:

Watched the game last night and I could see Thistle beating County at Firhill, and wouldn’t rule them out winning both games. Having said that, it’s more about how County play on the day, at our best (?) we should win.

On 18/05/2023 at 22:19, DeeTillEhDeh said:

I dunno, being in different divisions never stopped Dundee fans being all over United threads like a tramp on chips

13 minutes ago, Coventry Saint said:

Yeah, even in your worst case scenario this weekend, you're going into that last game only needing a win at home against Livi. Which you will get.

We'll see. We struggle for goals, and seem to be back to not even creating decent chances, so can see us having 20+ shots v Livi and not scoring.

Folk think we'll be turning up motivated against a half arsed Livi side are forgetting the make up of our squad. 2 loanees who wont be back next season, a collection of ageing players on their final contracts who will be here next season regardless of division, and a smattering of players going out of contract.

21 hours ago, LIVIFOREVER said:

I'm aware Boredom still posts on our thread - it's just less often (thankfully) when we are in separate divisions.

2 hours ago, RandomGuy. said:

Motherwell v Ross County

9. St Johnstone - 36

10. Kilmarnock - 34

------------------

11. Ross County - 33

------------------

12. Dundee United - 31

Dundee United Kilmarnock 

Ross County St Johnstone 

9. Kilmarnock - 37

10. Ross County - 36

------------------

11. St Johnstone - 36

------------------

12. Dundee United - 34

Final fixtures are...

Kilmarnock Ross County

I'm hoping after Wednesday it looks like:

9. Kilmarnock - 40

10. Ross County - 39

------------------

11. St Johnstone - 36

------------------

12. Dundee United - 31 (R)

Kilmarnock v St Johnstone - draw

Livingston v Dundee United - away win

Motherwell v Ross County - home win

9. St Johnstone - 37

10. Kilmarnock - 35

------------------

11. United - 34

------------------

12. County - 33

Dundee United v Kilmarnock - draw

Ross County v St Johnstone - home win

going into last day is then

st j 37

County 36

Killie 36

united 35

if my sums while distracted at the play park are correct.

Which would leave St Johnstone on the verge of safety with a result but the Killie v County decider wildly in the air, very dependent on Fir Park and a little on Perth.

You'd love to see it.