The Big Relegation Thread

23 minutes ago, Widge said:

The season where Zander Clark wanted to be a complete diddy for us, is still up there with some of the worst goalkeeping I've ever seen. The goal he conceded against Motherwell is as bad, if not worse than anything Birrigitti has done this season. 

I've always thought Zander Clark was a diddy. I know St J fans will talk about how good he got but evenHearts fans trying to convince me he's decent now can chase themselves.

Without a club for a while for a reason IMO.

Heavy Bobby Olejnik vibes about that joker.

Now our Bobby, while a lovely guy, had mastered at a relatively young age, all the don'ts and don'ts of goalkeeping. Notable incidents included scoring a last minute OG against Hamilton, and rushing out to stop the ball at the edge of the box and then simply releasing it for a Motherwell jobber to stroke into the empty net.

We got relegated that year.

25 minutes ago, Busta Nut said:

I've always thought Zander Clark was a diddy. I know St J fans will talk about how good he got but evenHearts fans trying to convince me he's decent now can chase themselves.

Without a club for a while for a reason IMO.

Clark is very much a form goalkeeper, which is exactly what you don't want from a first choice keeper in this league. On his day he'll stop everything and if he's playing with confidence with a settled defence, he'll be good and capable of saving you points. Stick him in an ever changing defence, with a couple of mistakes then his form plummets and he'll look like a diddy. He's an average top flight keeper in Scotland as a result and whilst on top form looks like he could go higher, there's a mental block there that's stopping it. 

You want a guy who's a 7/10 every single week, which about 4 teams (Celtic, Rangers, Aberdeen & St Mirren) in the league can say they have, the rest are either awful or outstanding with the likelihood it'll be different the next game. 

1 hour ago, Widge said:

The season where Zander Clark wanted to be a complete diddy for us, is still up there with some of the worst goalkeeping I've ever seen. The goal he conceded against Motherwell is as bad, if not worse than anything Birrigitti has done this season. 

The Rangers game at Xmas where he threw 2 in was when I actually thought he should be dropped for Parrish

1 hour ago, Widge said:

Clark is very much a form goalkeeper, which is exactly what you don't want from a first choice keeper in this league. On his day he'll stop everything and if he's playing with confidence with a settled defence, he'll be good and capable of saving you points. Stick him in an ever changing defence, with a couple of mistakes then his form plummets and he'll look like a diddy. He's an average top flight keeper in Scotland as a result and whilst on top form looks like he could go higher, there's a mental block there that's stopping it. 

You want a guy who's a 7/10 every single week, which about 4 teams (Celtic, Rangers, Aberdeen & St Mirren) in the league can say they have, the rest are either awful or outstanding with the likelihood it'll be different the next game. 

Nah.

1 hour ago, Widge said:

Joe Hart is not 7/10 each week. 

2 hours ago, Spikethedee said:

Ahem....

Jack Hamilton joins the Lions - Livingston FC

Good old Flapjack

Go to 1:40 for our Flapjack moment this season :D He only got a game because Shamal was injured, so bad was Hamilton that we pushed Shamal back despite still being injured. I've got the fear if he ever takes a knock again.

1 minute ago, ATLIS said:

Go to 1:40 for our Flapjack moment this season :D He only got a game because Shamal was injured, so bad was Hamilton that we pushed Shamal back despite still being injured. I've got the fear if he ever takes a knock again.

That is just awful. I only wish I could say that I'd never seen that kind of mistake before...

2 hours ago, Widge said:

What a weird, weird game this was. The winner is a bit of a howler too, Motherwell player (forgive me I forget who) sent off for diving. Hendry’s opener being about the most normal thing to happen speaks volumes

8 minutes ago, skinny arab said:

Saw this on another forum, something for the rest of the league to enjoy. 

Did they really pay £350,000 for him?  That’s borderline criminal if so.  He’s as bad as anyone I’ve seen in the top flight.  While Zander Clark will throw a game in where it looks like he’s blind, Birighitti seems to do it every other week.

Samson and Jack Hamilton would have to be close, but not quite as bad.  At least they got dropped for more than a game.

13 minutes ago, skinny arab said:

Saw this on another forum, something for the rest of the league to enjoy. 

I take back my Samson comment. I mean, he's pish but this guy is a whole other level. I knew he'd made a few howlers this season but didn't realise he was quite so bad. 

Edited by Ron Aldo

3 minutes ago, Ron Aldo said:

I take back my Samson comment. I mean, he's pish but this guy is a whole other level. I knew he'd made a few howlers this season but didn't realise he was quite so bad. 

It’s the back pass one.  He still has time to clear it, but his balance is so amateurish he can’t even move.

1 hour ago, Molotov said:

Trevor Carson has been immense at St Mirren.
Without him we would likely be fighting our usual annual relegation battle and be all over this thread. 

Got to give huge credit to Langfield as the recruitment in the Goal keeping dept has been excellent the last few years.