The Big Relegation Thread

Aberdeen at Pittodrie was the game I was always looking at us winning and potentially being saved by.

Livingston away is a draw at best, no belief we win a high pressure game at home v County, then Bair on the final day.

Just now, RandomGuy. said:

Aberdeen at Pittodrie was the game I was always looking at us winning and potentially being saved by.

Livingston away is a draw at best, no belief we win a high pressure game at home v County, then Bair on the final day.

In yer dreams pal. Peter Leven’s clean sheet reds are in full flow. Best you can hope for is a 0-0.

16 minutes ago, STFU_Donny said:

In yer dreams pal. Peter Leven’s clean sheet reds are in full flow. Best you can hope for is a 0-0.

Yeah I'm expecting to lose tbh, and for Levein to say it's fine because Ross County lost too.

10 hours ago, tree house tam said:

I think Saints would win in the playoffs as well. Quite convincingly.

St Johnstone don't win any game convincingly. Levein would have to go from trying to shitfest results all year to actually going out to win a 2 legged tie.

1 hour ago, RandomGuy. said:

Leven turned our game around nicely following Warnock's mess. Our only league defeat was against Dundee on the road. Celtic failed to beat us twice in regular time. After watching the highlights against Hibs, I doubt At Johnstone will be as poor as they were on Saturday.

Yeah I'm expecting to lose tbh, and for Levein to say it's fine because Ross County lost too.

Make up your mind.

1 hour ago, paddymcp said:

St Johnstone don't win any game convincingly. Levein would have to go from trying to shitfest results all year to actually going out to win a 2 legged tie.

Well that's just plain bullshit. Sure against the better sides in this league we sit in and look shite but against a Thistle type side? We'll absolutely melt them.

25 minutes ago, kingjoey said:

Make up your mind.

When the fixtures were announced it was the one I thought we were most likely to win. Our home form is brutal, and I think we'll lose away to Livingston and Motherwell. Our record v Aberdeen has been good this season.

After yesterday I'm more negative about our chances. It was so bad its hard to see how they pick themselves up to be solid enough to cope with any attacks. The players spent the whole game moaning and niggling at each other which is the opposite of what you want.

1 minute ago, Matty-RCFC said:

I think whoever wins first out of the two will stay up. I can see the other one folding under the pressure of needing to catch up. 

Its going to be mad, and possibly down to the final game where I could see both sides winning against half arsed clubs on their holidays.

The game at McDiarmid is setting up to be massive and I worry our fans won't deal well with us sitting back and playing it safe in a game like that, so things will be turn quickly.

51 minutes ago, Alert Mongoose said:

The St Johnstone fans are coming across as being extremely nervous here.  I would be too, based on their squad tbf.

They'd beat your shower of dung, no probs. IMO.

Thank you.

23 hours ago, Diamond1924 said:

Wouldn’t be so sure. St Johnstone and more specifically Levein didn’t have a clue on how to play us in the cup. It was fairly easy.

If partick beat us in the quarter final the I could see them going all the way. 

I would love to see Airdrie replacing Livi in the top division. Plastic pitch, similar sized ground in a housing estate, small fanbase, dubious history. Its only about 20 miles down the road as well. Can you imagine how many simpletons this would upset? In fact, I can't think of a team I'd rather see replace us more than Airdrie. Would be so fitting. Please let this happen.

On 29/04/2024 at 16:40, JD and associates said:

I would love to see Airdrie replacing Livi in the top division. Plastic pitch, similar sized ground in a housing estate, small fanbase, dubious history. Its only about 20 miles down the road as well. Can you imagine how many simpletons this would upset? In fact, I can't think of a team I'd rather see replace us more than Airdrie. Would be so fitting. Please let this happen.

Of the two, Airdrie’s pitch looks much better on the telly. Has anyone on here experience of playing on both and can let us know which, if either, is a more suitable surface for a decent game of football 

1 hour ago, Wee Jock Poopong McPlop said:

Of the two, Airdrie’s pitch looks much better on the telly. Has anyone on here experience of playing on both and can let us know which, if either, is a more suitable surface for a decent game of football 

Having walked over both for club media the pitch at Airdrie felt far superior, how it plays i cannot comment.

County have won twice away from home all season. The first was in the League Cup vs Airdrie, the other was due to a VAR fluke at Killie, eight months ago. I'm not banking on a win in Perth to save the season.

29 minutes ago, bunglebonce said:

County have won twice away from home all season. The first was in the League Cup vs Airdrie, the other was due to a VAR fluke at Killie, eight months ago. I'm not banking on a win in Perth to save the season.

We’ve taken three points from a possible 24 at McDiarmid this year, with two of those being in January. It’s gonna be a classic. 

2 hours ago, PSJ.84 said:

We’ve taken three points from a possible 24 at McDiarmid this year, with two of those being in January. It’s gonna be a classic. 

It hadn’t registered that we hadn’t won at home since 16th December until I read your post. Thankfully only one home game left… but it’s the most important one 🤦🏽‍♂️

Away league record since January is okay though; 3 wins and 3 defeats.