The Big Relegation Thread

6 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

This site would never be funnier than if United survived thanks to a 10-2 victory.

As long as KVV gets both of our goals and St Johnstone don't lose to Livingston, I'm not entirely against this purely for the shits and giggles.

30 minutes ago, Billy Jean King said:

If I were RC or Killie I'd be very concerned if they end up in a play off against Thistle in this form. I suspect either might well get relegated IF Thistle can play to their recent level.

Its hard to tell. The difference in levels might be a leveller for poor form of the Premiership team.

I think it’s being overlooked that County and Killie aren’t exactly in bad form either. Taking last year, for example, Caley were in good fettle before the final whilst Saints had 5 points from a possible 15 in the split - yet dismantled Caley in the second leg. 

(am I in denial, potentially…)

7 minutes ago, Busta Nut said:

Thistle looked quite shite defensively out with the Ayr games.

They have kept a lot of clean sheets recently, but against teams of lower quality than they will face in the play off. They probably have a Championship level defence with a lower Premiership level attack, but they do seem to be playing with confidence.

Hope they do it just for the laughs, especially if they play Killie. Firhill is a good away day too.

2 hours ago, Matty-RCFC said:

I think it’s being overlooked that County and Killie aren’t exactly in bad form either. Taking last year, for example, Caley were in good fettle before the final whilst Saints had 5 points from a possible 15 in the split - yet dismantled Caley in the second leg. 

(am I in denial, potentially…)

Inverness drew both games 0-0 against Arbroath and needed penalties to beat them.

We then drew the first 135 minutes of the tie and it was still nervous until Cammy MacPhersons shot deflected in from about 25 yards.

The "dismantling" only appeared once Caley were just launching folk forward and our players ignored our manager telling them to stay back (him screaming at Rooney to not attack before the 4th.sticks with me).

Thistle were great going forward last season too, they just couldn’t defend, hence why they were soundly dealt with by The Caley in the play offs.

They’re much more solid at the back now and will undoubtedly cause County or Killie problems.  The trio of Fitzpatrick, Lawless and Tiffoney works really well in behind Graham.

9 hours ago, Busta Nut said:

Thistle looked quite shite defensively out with the Ayr games.

No goals conceded in our last three games and twelve goals scored. The defence is holding up pretty well.  

7 hours ago, RandomGuy. said:

Inverness drew both games 0-0 against Arbroath and needed penalties to beat them.

We then drew the first 135 minutes of the tie and it was still nervous until Cammy MacPhersons shot deflected in from about 25 yards.

The "dismantling" only appeared once Caley were just launching folk forward and our players ignored our manager telling them to stay back (him screaming at Rooney to not attack before the 4th.sticks with me).

For the first hour or so of the first leg, we absolutely bossed Caley. Probably one of our best performances of last season for that spell (which wasn't difficult, granted!) Could easily have been a couple more goals up. Then Davidson and his shit, negative subs struck, we retreated into our defensive shell, and ended up holding on for a draw. 

41 minutes ago, tree house tam said:

It will take something special for Partick to beat either County or Killie. 

You're probably right. Both these teams this season have been reminiscent of the 1970 Brazil team.