The Big Relegation Thread

2 minutes ago, HarleyQuinn said:

I'm shocked we haven't banned plastic pitches in Scottish football. 

It's been banned in England since 1995.

Plastic pitches can be the difference between a club surviving lower down the leagues or not. The income that is generated by clubs hiring out their pitches to the local communities is absolutely essential in some cases. But they shouldn't be in the top league.

The EPL/EFL can ban plastic pitches because theyre pumping £100m+ at each division and every side is full time.

Youd kill the lower leagues here getting rid of it.

It should only be in the top flight if theres a discernible reason the ground cannot have grass, most likely due to community uses.

There should also be rules about the quality of grass having to be maintained in the top flight though. Ours has been a disgrace this season and the amount of bobbles the ball takes is genuinely dangerous, id have had no arguments if we were fined over it.

23 hours ago, kingjoey said:

Thistle are not only scoring lots of goals, but well created goals at that. I know it is a slight step-up in class, but not that much. I think it's going to be a tight play off whoever Thistle are to play.

QP and Ayr were shockingly bad defensively, and even though Partick look slick in their attacks, i can't see County leaving unmarked players in the box as often for tap ins. Think their best chance would be Killie, esp in the first tie where they'll be playing away, but my money would still be on the Premiership team winning the final.

Sadly can't make the match now, travelled down day before and stayed in Glasgow (health issues etc.)  I'm confident. The lads just got to believe, far better team than Killie. Plastic pitch or not, makes no difference.  Nothing against Killie, but for the good of the league lets relegate them. No plastic surfaces in Scotland's top league. Nae offence like Killie fans.

2 hours ago, kingjoey said:

Plastic pitches can be the difference between a club surviving lower down the leagues or not. The income that is generated by clubs hiring out their pitches to the local communities is absolutely essential in some cases. But they shouldn't be in the top league.

Indeed. This is why its only diddy clubs punching well above their weight that have plastic pitches in the Scottish Premiership.

Thistle's form in the last quarte was good but not outstanding 

Cinch Championship | Form Guide | Last 10 Matches | Football Web Pages

It was no surprise when they beat QP whose form had  fallen away but I genuinely felt the tie against Ayr could've gone either way however it was pretty much settled in Thistle's favour after the first leg. It's now a fact that Thistle will be going into the play-off in good form and with a degree of confidence but I feel whichever top flight team finishes eleventh should still be considered favourites but then I predicted St. Johnstone for that spot at the split.

Edited by btb

18 hours ago, RandomGuy. said:

Seen this post and knew instantly the pensioners would be straight on to talk about some play off that took place when dinosaurs roamed the earth.

Over 40s shouldnt have access to the internet.

13 hours ago, craigkillie said:

It was the first one in that format, but there were previously play-offs for the title in 1890/91 and 1904/05 after teams finished level on points at the top. The first saw Dumbarton and Rangers draw and ultimately share the title, the second saw Celtic beat Rangers to win the league.

There was also a playoff between Killie and Port Glasgow Athletic in 1905/06 to decide which side would finish in the bottom two and need to seek re-election. Killie lost 6-0 but ultimately the league was expanded from 16 to 18 teams that summer.

Geek Smile GIF - Geek Smile Smiling GIFs

3 hours ago, kingjoey said:

Explain why not in the top league,, by facts not by anecdote. 

1 hour ago, Hendo said:

Indeed. This is why its only diddy clubs punching well above their weight that have plastic pitches in the Scottish Premiership.

One good season in a couple of decades and you think your club is on a roll. Hendo you are indeed a class act I your own mind. 

Just now, KTID26 said:

One good season in a couple of decades and you think your club is on a roll. Hendo you are indeed a class act I your own mind. 

Kilmarnock had one good season under Clarke and your fans have spent the whole time since acting like youre anything more than bottom half fodder.

1 minute ago, RandomGuy. said:

Kilmarnock had one good season under Clarke and your fans have spent the whole time since acting like youre anything more than bottom half fodder.

Quite correct. I Dont think your team has been anything other than bottom half fodder.  Pot, kettle, black 

5 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

Pot and kettle here.

32 minutes ago, KTID26 said:

Quite correct. I Dont think your team has been anything other than bottom half fodder.  Pot, kettle, black 

30 minutes ago, NFL12 said:

Pot and kettle here.

Aye, just the 3 major trophies, and 7 top half finishes, in the last decade.

At least you lads had the one good season and have an extra 800 folk to sit beside through the dirge, though. Thats what really matters.