The Big Relegation Thread

Whoever it involves, 11th and 12th are going down to the wire.

Shows how shite and predictable our national game has became when the only excitement in the top-flight surrounds the bottom half after the split.

If we lose on Friday, I reckon we're fucked.

29 minutes ago, accies1874 said:

A draw would probably be best on Friday, but we could also get out of the bottom two if Hearts win and we beat Motherwell (which we won't). Then again, a nice gap could open up if Hearts lose and we beat Motherwell (which we won't), however that could also see St Mirren go five ahead of us if we lose to Motherwell (which we will) and the gap would be insurmountable if they also win their game in hand.

You'll beat us. 

Reading between the lines here, I'm guessing you don't fancy your chances of taking anything off Motherwell? [emoji38]

We might if they're as hopeless and we're as good as the last time the sides played, but I just can't see us taking advantage of one or both of Hearts and St Mirren being guaranteed to drop points.

4 minutes ago, accies1874 said:

We might if they're as hopeless and we're as good as the last time the sides played, but I just can't see us taking advantage of one or both of Hearts and St Mirren being guaranteed to drop points.

St Mirren will be dejected from their impending Scottish Cup exit on Tuesday and struggle to a 0-0 with Hearts, allowing Hamilton to surge up the table with a Lanarkshire Derby victory. 

Uncle Motherwell will always have your back, accies1874.

17 minutes ago, accies1874 said:

Hamilton will not finish 12th.

You'll beat us. 

St Mirren will be dejected from their impending Scottish Cup exit on Tuesday and struggle to a 0-0 with Hearts, allowing Hamilton to surge up the table with a Lanarkshire Derby victory. 
Uncle Motherwell will always have your back, accies1874.

Bending over again to keep the Red and White pound in the league.

I have a feeling Accies and St. Mirren are going to win while County get papped away to Aberdeen, then we're right back in the mix for 11th.
County are awful but six points is a massive gap ahead of a team that can't win two in a row and haven't finished above a team they've trailed by that margin since we came into the Premiership.

I think it is between 4 clubs now for relegation. Killie and St Johnstone should have done just enough bar a collapse. Hearts will probably beat us on Friday. We've been garbage against them all season- I mean we lost 5 goals against them at Tynecastle FFS. Don't see why Hamilton fans are so negative as I think they are more than capable of getting a result at Motherwell. Can't rule out Ross County being dragged into it if they are as close when the bottom 6 fixtures come around. 

I think it is between 4 clubs now for relegation. Killie and St Johnstone should have done just enough bar a collapse. Hearts will probably beat us on Friday. We've been garbage against them all season- I mean we lost 5 goals against them at Tynecastle FFS. Don't see why Hamilton fans are so negative as I think they are more than capable of getting a result at Motherwell. Can't rule out Ross County being dragged into it if they are as close when the bottom 6 fixtures come around. 

Dragged into it? County are right in the mix.

St Johnstone first half played us off the park. If they play like that for 90 minutes every week they’ll be challenging for the top half. They’re fine. They’re big, physical, and seemingly competently coached. The back three was excellent for 93 minutes. The keeper can only throw so many points away.

4 minutes ago, Savage Henry said:

Dragged into it? County are right in the mix.

St Johnstone first half played us off the park. If they play like that for 90 minutes every week they’ll be challenging for the top half. They’re fine. They’re big, physical, and seemingly competently coached. The back three was excellent for 93 minutes. The keeper can only throw so many points away.

church really bitch GIF by Samm Henshaw

We are soft and small, unless we've turned into a completely different team in the 90 minutes since I last saw us.

Edit: just checked and we committed 5 fouls on Saturday, so I'd guess probably not.

Edited by Kyle

4 minutes ago, Savage Henry said:

The keeper can only throw so many points away.

He may have taken that challenge literally. 

County pick up points when not playing well. St Mirren play well and pick up nothing. Is one better than the other? 

Edited by Radford

1 hour ago, Comrie said:

I have a feeling Accies and St. Mirren are going to win while County get papped away to Aberdeen, then we're right back in the mix for 11th.

I've accepted that we're going to lose to Aberdeen, Motherwell, and Rangers with yet another considerable hit to the goal difference. The other three games are Accies (H), Hearts (A), and St Mirren (H). We need to get 7 points from those three to guarantee safety, IMO.

Basically a repeat of our fixtures against those teams earlier in the season: 3-0, 0-0, 2-1.

It looks so easy on paper.

200.gif&key=e51976803a4f9560c7c225e78af450764244c68c3cf194fb251fee78dd153ebb

We are soft and small, unless we've turned into a completely different team in the 90 minutes since I last saw us.

Edit: just checked and we committed 5 fouls on Saturday, so I'd guess probably not.

Big and physical doesn’t mean dirty. I thought St Johnstone’s disciple was excellent, in fact. The three centre backs are all big enough not to get bullied, and the guy Butcher in defensive midfield is about the only player I can remember who made Ross Draper look small. It’s not an insult to say a team is likely to be able to handle the rough and tumble of a close bottom 6.

Just now, Savage Henry said:

Big and physical doesn’t mean dirty. I thought St Johnstone’s disciple was excellent, in fact. The three centre backs are all big enough not to get bullied, and the guy Butcher in defensive midfield is about the only player I can remember who made Ross Draper look small. It’s not an insult to say a team is likely to be able to handle the rough and tumble of a close bottom 6.

Ah see this is perhaps where the disparity is. We usually play 2 centre halves and not 3 and that was Butcher's first start for us. He came off the bench against Motherwell and looked like more of a baller than someone who'd use their phsique but that was based on about 40 minutes of seeing him play. 

The defence we have deserves better than what their goalie has given them the last couple of matches. Should really have had 2 clean sheets if not for some shite goalkeeping, with a pinch of Tanser not closing down a cross properly.