The Big Relegation Thread

Seeing how many of the players who made 10 or more appearances for Hearts that season have gone on to be lower league journeymen is a laugh.

Jamie MacDonald

Dylan McGowan, Jamie Hamill, Kevin McHattie, Danny Wilson, Brad McKay, Jordan McGhee

Ryan Stevenson, Scott Robinson, Jamie Walker, Jason Holt, Callum Tapping, David Smith, Billy King, Sam Nicholson

Callum Paterson, Dale Carrick, Gary Oliver

That lot still managed to win 10 games and 38 points. Regardless of how bad their current squad is, it’ll be an absolute embarrassment if they can’t match that lot.

They just need to double their current points total in the remaining 11 games to manage it.

5 hours ago, Dunning1874 said:

Seeing how many of the players who made 10 or more appearances for Hearts that season have gone on to be lower league journeymen is a laugh.

Jamie MacDonald

Dylan McGowan, Jamie Hamill, Kevin McHattie, Danny Wilson, Brad McKay, Jordan McGhee

Ryan Stevenson, Scott Robinson, Jamie Walker, Jason Holt, Callum Tapping, David Smith, Billy King, Sam Nicholson

That lot still managed to win 10 games and 38 points. Regardless of how bad their current squad is, it’ll be an absolute embarrassment if they can’t match that lot.

They just need to double their current points total in the remaining 11 games to manage it.

Carrick done okay with us, is banging them in for Airdrie. 

Scott Robinson has went on to be a great player for us, very smart, very gamewise. Also scored our first against Celtic in the 2-0 win so what a baller

Screenshot_20200221-070602_Chrome.jpg.51ce174694cee54d823a4a19fe2b4da8.jpg

Screenshot_20200221-070618_Chrome.thumb.jpg.0e3394d453179756288f9d9c870ddc25.jpg

Massive, massive, game tonight. Hearts win, and it drags St Mirren and County right into the heart of the fight. St Mirren win potentially confirms that the fight will simply be between Hearts and Hamilton for 11th.

Screenshot_20200221-071018_Chrome.thumb.jpg.4848a138c90d502eb05b03b0246403ab.jpg

That's a table if you only count results between bottom half sides. Hearts need to change that, and quickly.

16 hours ago, ATLIS said:

Carrick done okay with us, is banging them in for Airdrie. 

Scott Robinson has went on to be a great player for us, very smart, very gamewise. Also scored our first against Celtic in the 2-0 win so what a baller

Aye, Robinson’s one who has obviously turned out to be a solid top flight player even if he wasn’t at the time, but how many of them could be considered either good enough for the top flight at the time or have gone on to be good enough since?

Robinson, Paterson, Walker, Holt, Wilson, MacDonald? Their current squad is obviously mince but I don’t think it has that few players good enough for the top flight, and pish as some players are they’re not picking anyone as far out of their depth as Kevin McHattie or David Smith every week.

Screenshot_20200221-070602_Chrome.jpg.51ce174694cee54d823a4a19fe2b4da8.jpg
Screenshot_20200221-070618_Chrome.thumb.jpg.0e3394d453179756288f9d9c870ddc25.jpg

Massive, massive, game tonight. Hearts win, and it drags St Mirren and County right into the heart of the fight. St Mirren win potentially confirms that the fight will simply be between Hearts and Hamilton for 11th.
Screenshot_20200221-071018_Chrome.thumb.jpg.4848a138c90d502eb05b03b0246403ab.jpg

That's a table if you only count results between bottom half sides. Hearts need to change that, and quickly.
If St Mirren and Accies win this weekend then I wouldn't say it confirms us and Hearts as the bottom two (although that would change if St Mirren win their game in hand), but if they win and we don't then it's gonna look pretty bad.

22 hours ago, Dunning1874 said:

Jamie MacDonald

I'd take that team over the current Hearts team to be fair. The bigger factor is that team was managed by Gary Locke

County are the worst team of the bottom four IMO, question is if they've got enough points already (+ whatever they scramble in the last 11) to hold off Accies and/or Hearts. I would be surprised in St Mirren don't finish above County.

County are the worst team of the bottom four IMO, question is if they've got enough points already (+ whatever they scramble in the last 11) to hold off Accies and/or Hearts. I would be surprised in St Mirren don't finish above County.
Agree with that. County easily the poorest side I've seen this season. And they deserve to be relegated anyway just for Kettlewell's stupid haircut, especially that wee peak at the front that he shaves off.

We have broadly the same squad that had us top of the league in November last season.

Zlámal

Smith Souttar Dunne Garuccio

Morrison Haring Lee Naismith

MacLean Ikpeazu

Aside from Haring (injured), Lee (loaned out) and Dunne (gone) the same options are still available to us. We've also added Halkett, Walker, Washington and Boyce.

As much as it's a mystery that that starting XI had us doing so well, our problems this season run much deeper than the quality of the squad.

Ross County and Hamilton both level, but playing against ten men. Feel like both will feel not picking up 3 points from this weekend would be a massive missed opportunity.

20 minutes for them to rectify that.

Ross County and Hamilton both level, but playing against ten men. Feel like both will feel not picking up 3 points from this weekend would be a massive missed opportunity.
20 minutes for them to rectify that.

I don’t know. I’d written this one off as a 4-1 thumping. It’ll be a bonus point.

On 21/02/2020 at 16:14, JamesM82 said:

Agreed - at least from what I've seen. St Mirren are far better than them.

1 minute ago, Savage Henry said:

I don’t know. I’d written this one off as a 4-1 thumping. It’ll be a bonus point.

You've played an hour against ten men.

Purely a perspective that it seems a decent chance for 3pts because of that, and there might be some regret if you cant pull away further as the season progresses. 

Every win at this stage is massive.

You've played an hour against ten men.
Purely a perspective that it seems a decent chance for 3pts because of that, and there might be some regret if you cant pull away further as the season progresses. 
Every win at this stage is massive.

How about that now[emoji13]?

Just now, Savage Henry said:

How about that nowemoji13.png?

McKay has really shown up when County needed someone to stand up.

Think that puts you at 29pts now?

If 35 is the "safe target", you could quite confidently assume you're now safe.

rubbish hearts are absolutely stinking