The Big Relegation Thread

51 minutes ago, BawWatchin said:

The team in the biggest trouble in relegation battles is the team that actually plays "ok" but just doesn't pick up the points. Hamilton are absolutely brutal to watch, but they get points.

Do they? Failed to win in their last seven with just three points, and they were ahead in five of those matches. Historically, they have always pulled out an unlikely result, and could still do that again, but while they have some decent players in forward areas, their defence and midfield really looks bereft of quality.

4 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

It's interesting to look at the table when the Winter Break started, and now...

Screenshot_20200222-180453_Chrome.thumb.jpg.c102424cefea492ae4d12a1c7be29d61.jpg

Screenshot_20200222-165448_Chrome.thumb.jpg.ba4b00814bd8a75690e3e2e79cf45134.jpg

Neither Hamilton or St Mirren have won a single game. While those above them have been. Hamiltons form there looks ominous for them.

Agreed. We did have a difficult run of fixtures initially, but losing a two goal lead at Hibs and failing to beat Hamilton were results that have cost us also being able to open up a gap.

7 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

It's interesting to look at the table when the Winter Break started, and now...

Screenshot_20200222-180453_Chrome.thumb.jpg.c102424cefea492ae4d12a1c7be29d61.jpg

Screenshot_20200222-165448_Chrome.thumb.jpg.ba4b00814bd8a75690e3e2e79cf45134.jpg

Neither Hamilton or St Mirren have won a single game. While those above them have been. Hamiltons form there looks ominous for them.

Yep. Obvious who the winners/losers are there. I flit between properly having the fear for us, and then being inexplicably confident.

1 minute ago, Coventry Saint said:

Yep. Obvious who the winners/losers are there. I flit between properly having the fear for us, and then being inexplicably confident.

I think of the bottom three you're the best side, but you also seem the least likely to win games, if that makes sense.

Can fully see St Mirren only losing one game post split, but drawing the other 4, while Hamilton win 2 and get more points despite losing the rest.

I think of the bottom three you're the best side, but you also seem the least likely to win games, if that makes sense.
Can fully see St Mirren only losing one game post split, but drawing the other 4, while Hamilton win 2 and get more points despite losing the rest.

Lol

3 minutes ago, accies1874 said:

Lol

You get 3 off us, as is customary, whenever you need it. We provided last season, and we shall provide again this season.

#DiddyAlliance

Just up to you to snaffle another one from somewhere.

On 21/02/2020 at 16:14, JamesM82 said:

County are the worst team of the bottom four IMO, question is if they've got enough points already (+ whatever they scramble in the last 11) to hold off Accies and/or Hearts. I would be surprised in St Mirren don't finish above County.

This aged well.

You get 3 off us, as is customary, whenever you need it. We provided last season, and we shall provide again this season.
#DiddyAlliance
Just up to you to snaffle another one from somewhere.
We don't win in Perth so hopefully Alston and Easton give Tommy a wee phone to sort things out.

After the Rangers game, our next four are all winnable (as will the five after them), but the previous four league games were too and we failed to win any. The failure to put any run together really is fucking miserable.

St Mirren didn't look any good in their two games against us and the 5-2 win in November was the worst opposition performance we've faced this season, but they seem much harder to beat now. Before today I actually thought Ross County were more catchable so that result at Pittodrie was a bit annoying. They'll finish 10th.

Hamilton also seem to have something about them from what I've seen but they have a leakier defence than St Mirren. Their failure to pick up points from winnable-looking games each week never fails to surprise me, so they're the only team giving me a bit hope.

I reckon we have more goalscoring potential than the other two but we're a big, nervy, confused mess at the back. If we don't sort that out soon then we're stick-ons for 12th.

That’s what’s giving me the fear, we just draw too many games.

Untitled.png.e1312eae7b26d5474dbff57b398c0793.png

Two teams in action today who are probably already safe. St Johnstone gain another point on those below them with a late draw, while Kilmarnock were Celtics latest victims.

Untitled.png.1565ba648db460bee6f23dbcbf323fe0.png

Doesn't change anything, both now 5 points behind 6th though, so looking likely that this could be the bottom half by the split. Either would have to completely capitulate from this stage to be relegated automatically. 

Next up?

Untitled.png.1f5b49ad92dab554be571d220de61723.png

St Mirren get their chance to give themselves daylight before the league takes a break for the Cup. Next game after that sees Hearts face Hibernian...

Edited by RandomGuy.

Screenshot_20200225-214217_Chrome.jpg.1bd3c8589238e2663659a8113cf68613.jpg

St Mirren, criticised for not winning enough games, come from behind to get an absolutely massive victory.

Screenshot_20200225-214231_Chrome.thumb.jpg.7d1110df205d4b9f4921eb79835cf761.jpg

The bottom two now find themselves adrift. St Mirren may only need 10pts from the remaining 11 games to guarantee safety. Their game in hand against Hearts is their most important game left, win that and they could arguably be safe before the split.

Hearts position gets worse every week. A shoot out between them and Hamilton for position now.

1 minute ago, RossBFaeDundee said:

Feels like the Championship playoff finalist will almost definitely have to play Hearts at this point. f**k that.

You think? They've failed to beat Ross County, St Mirren and Hamilton at home this year. Think their bottom half record is 1 win in 12 games.

I'd have zero confidence they'll pick up more points after the split than Hamilton.