The Big Relegation Thread

7 minutes ago, Munoz said:

The league table suggests you lot are slightly ahead on the diddy stakes.

If the Titanic had been a diddy boat from Paisley, nobody would’ve cared when it sunk.  Hearts’ perilous position is BOX OFFICE stuff. 😎

Edited by SEETHING

7 minutes ago, Coventry Saint said:

Several St Johnstone fans coming off really well here, I reckon.

1 minute ago, The Marly said:
1 hour ago, HibsFan said:
St Johnstone boasting about their European football just makes you how much they wasted it by losing to the likes of Alashkert, Trakai and Minsk.
Imagine what they'd be like if they did anything of note while they were there?

Malmo.

On 15/02/2020 at 19:04, accies1874 said:

After seeing Hearts and St Mirren recently, I think they're a bit worse than I've given them credit for, however they're both better than us.

Since they got promoted, Accies have never finished above a side that we've trailed by six points at any point in the season, so it's very much a case of needing to catch St Mirren - an opportunity that we've fucked up on many occasions this season.

That must be why they horsed us the last few weeks?

The constant negativity of some of our fans is as usual OTT.A hard fought point on Saturday after being on the end of another bad decision by officialdom and Accies fans on Social Media having a go at the team ffs.

That must be why they horsed us the last few weeks?
The constant negativity of some of our fans is as usual OTT.A hard fought point on Saturday after being on the end of another bad decision by officialdom and Accies fans on Social Media having a go at the team ffs.

Totally agree, the constant negativity by some of our fans always makes me wonder why they bother.

Failing to beat either of the two sides around you when you're leading at half-time in both is poor. How many more hard fought points will we get before we're suddenly at the split with an insufficient tally?

I'm past caring whether it was a red card or not, but it wouldn't have happened if Hamilton didn't make a mess of a long ball - exact same as his red v Celtic and Stubbs' v Killie. I'd rather folk paid attention to that rather than moaning about a referee.

Because of the order of the results it didn't feel like it at the time but our post-split run was actually pretty decent, and a repeat of that with 8/9 points before it could be enough to see us safe. We're not going to get that by chucking away leads or getting stupid red cards.

9 hours ago, accies1874 said:

Failing to beat either of the two sides around you when you're leading at half-time in both is poor. How many more hard fought points will we get before we're suddenly at the split with an insufficient tally?

I'm past caring whether it was a red card or not, but it wouldn't have happened if Hamilton didn't make a mess of a long ball - exact same as his red v Celtic and Stubbs' v Killie. I'd rather folk paid attention to that rather than moaning about a referee.

Because of the order of the results it didn't feel like it at the time but our post-split run was actually pretty decent, and a repeat of that with 8/9 points before it could be enough to see us safe. We're not going to get that by chucking away leads or getting stupid red cards.

Great post. Hamilton chucking away leads really has been a noticeable theme this season, have any of our P+B gamblers made a profit betting on draws in the in-play markets?

Cant see a forward line of Naismith and Boyce ever being relegated but if Hearts do it must be the highest budget ever to do so and by some considerable margin.

And think of all the players they’ll have to release. Boyceee’s coming home!

1 hour ago, gannonball said:

Cant see a forward line of Naismith and Boyce ever being relegated but if Hearts do it must be the highest budget ever to do so and by some considerable margin.

People are aware that there are nine other spots in a football team, right? And that Naismith has been playing dreadfully for weeks.

It's important to me that people grasp this.

What was their squad like in 13-14? Genuine question; I can't remember.
It was a bunch of kids (most of whom turned out shite, with the exception of Callum Paterson) plus Jamie MacDonald, Ryan Stevenson and Jamie Hamill.

Possibly one of the worst top flight squads ever, but they still ended up with more points than Hibs.

5 minutes ago, HibsFan said:

People are aware that there are nine other spots in a football team, right? And that Naismith has been playing dreadfully for weeks.

It's important to me that people grasp this.

True but on paper they have a very decent back 4 for this league. Midfield not great but should passable for this level. Having a goalkeeper so bad that would make Jack Hamilton welcomed back would destroys any teams confidence though. Clearly he’s not the main issue at the club but just about every Hearts game I watch He's suspect for at least 1 goal.