Ayr United v Dundee United

I see there’s been a bit of fuss made of McCall’s comments. I absolutely love the shithousery of it, and him calling out the comments made when Shankland signed (to me, they were arrogant and unnecessary). However, Neilson has taken the hump, but if I were him I would be questioning the Tannadice PR team if he didn’t actually make those comments or was misquoted as the statement came from their website.

23 minutes ago, super_carson said:

I see there’s been a bit of fuss made of McCall’s comments. I absolutely love the shithousery of it, and him calling out the comments made when Shankland signed (to me, they were arrogant and unnecessary). However, Neilson has taken the hump, but if I were him I would be questioning the Tannadice PR team if he didn’t actually make those comments or was misquoted as the statement came from their website.

Neilson has come across as a complete pr*ck ever since he (allegedly) leaked the story to the press about Smith signing a pre contract at Tannadice on the eve of our match against them.

There's been absolutely no need for the comments made, we all know and accept that Dundee Utd are a far bigger club than Ayr, we also know they have far better facilities than Ayr and we are also well aware that we can never compete in terms of wages, however to question training techniques and knowledge of guys such as McCall and Stewart (who's been assistant Manager and coach in the English Premiership and Championship) is just shocking and not something which you would expect from a fellow professional............

Neilson has come across as a complete pr*ck ever since he (allegedly) leaked the story to the press about Smith signing a pre contract at Tannadice on the eve of our match against them.
There's been absolutely no need for the comments made, we all know and accept that Dundee Utd are a far bigger club than Ayr, we also know they have far better facilities than Ayr and we are also well aware that we can never compete in terms of wages, however to question training techniques and knowledge of guys such as McCall and Stewart (who's been assistant Manager and coach in the English Premiership and Championship) is just shocking and not something which you would expect from a fellow professional............
I don't think it was intentional though - rather just very clumsy (and as suggested might not even have been him).

But attention to detail matters dear Robbie. Saying he'll hopefully go on to the next level at Dundee United is one thing, mentioning the coaching just looks bad.

And if neilson has any sense he'll just shut up about it and learn from it.

41 minutes ago, pandarilla said:

And if neilson has any sense he'll just shut up about it and learn from it.

I think the problem is he just always to want to be the centre of attention, and just cant shut up. For the whole match on Saturday he just whined, whinged, gurned and flapped his arms from the first whistle to the last. 

He's always on at the officials, his own players, the opposition, the ballboys and anybody else who he feels aren't hitting the mark.

The backroom entourage on Saturday that he surrounds himself with needs to be seen to be believed. From pre pubescent boys carrying around the kit to over 20 players in the matchroom squad, about half a dozen coaches and analysts and a couple of shady agent types hovering about in the background.

In short, it appears to have to be all about him. It found him out at MK Dons, iand it'll surely find him out eventually at Tannadice.

An absolute bellend of the highest order, the Ayr backroom team avoided him throughout the pre match rituals, the post match comments would explain why.

1 hour ago, BukyOHare said:

An absolute bellend of the highest order, the Ayr backroom team avoided him throughout the pre match rituals, the post match comments would explain why.

Any co-incidence that Wuffsters's post match vid', which usually involves both managers,  didn't include any commentary from that jambo p***k? Or does Arab TV not allow him that? Whatever, he's a dud and will be sacked soon enough.

6 minutes ago, Jazzar said:

Any co-incidence that Wuffsters's post match vid', which usually involves both managers,  didn't include any commentary from that jambo p***k? Or does Arab TV not allow him that? Whatever, he's a dud and will be sacked soon enough.

Not guilty, the interviews are all done by the AUmedia chaps. Not sure if Neilson gives opposition teams interviews. You might be right re: Arabzone.

Just now, wuffster said:

Not guilty, the interviews are all done by the AUmedia chaps. Not sure if Neilson gives opposition teams interviews. You might be right re: Arabzone.

Apologies - guilty of joining dots and getting the wrong answer.  AUmedia probably dodged a bullet as that p***k would have made no sense at all.

As others have said, Neilson is a twat. I’d go as far as to say he has delusions of grandeur. His antics all game were embarrassing, in particular repeatedly pointing to his “watch” and shouting at the ref about it. Would he have spoke to AUMedia if his team were victorious? I’d hazard a guess he would have

Brilliant McCall getting that idiot Neilson 'TELT', I remember him as a player at Dens, classy, superb midfielder, was well pissed off when the 'incident' happened.
Thank you Ayr Utd.

FYI if the incident you’re referring to is the one I think it is then I’m fairly certain he took the rap for it, but he didn’t actually do it.

5 minutes ago, D'Jaffo said:

FYI if the incident you’re referring to is the one I think it is then I’m fairly certain he took the rap for it, but he didn’t actually do it.

Yeah, there's a lot of conspiracy theories surrounding 'jobbygate'.

Yeah, there's a lot of conspiracy theories surrounding 'jobbygate'.

I only know what I was told by someone who’s friendly with an ex-Dundee player from that time.

Tbf I always thought everyone knew McCall didn’t actually do it but only called him “Jobby McCall” for a laugh.

2 minutes ago, D'Jaffo said:

I only know what I was told by someone who’s friendly with an ex-Dundee player from that time.

Tbf I always thought everyone knew McCall didn’t actually do it but only called him “Jobby McCall” for a laugh.

So he took the rap for someone else?

So he took the rap for someone else?

Apparently so.

This was years ago I was told (not long after McCall was appointed at Ayr), but the guy who actually did it was leaving the club at the same time to take up a job outside of football. He was worried that the “incident” may harm his chances in keeping that job so McCall took the blame.

I’m fairly certain McCall said on OTB last year that it was someone else but he’d never say who.