Thursday Night Football Thread

lichtie23

The reports I’ve read seem to suggest what kicked it off was Rudolph reacting to a late hit from Garrett, after Rudolph had clearly already thrown the ball. While watching the game as live this morning, I didn’t immediately notice any late hit, but I did see Rudolph have a go at Garrett’s helmet. Looked to me like Garrett snapped, and immediately thought he’d show Rudolph how to do it properly. Then all hell broke loose, with Pouncey even trying to boot Garrett on the napper. Mental stuff.
Not having watched it again, did Garrett definitely go in late on Rudolph in the first instance?

Yeah, ball was gone. Rudolph was then trying to rip Garrett's helmet off as they wrestled on floor.

8 fucking seconds left and up by 14. Astonishing stupidity.

2 minutes ago, Fife Saint said:

Yeah, ball was gone. Rudolph was then trying to rip Garrett's helmet off as they wrestled on floor.

8 fucking seconds left and up by 14. Astonishing stupidity.

Aye, but the ball had just gone, just. It wasn’t like Garrett came in to ‘do him’. He did wrestle him to the ground, but FFS, what went on after that was just mental.

Aye, but the ball had just gone, just. It wasn’t like Garrett came in to ‘do him’. He did wrestle him to the ground, but FFS, what went on after that was just mental.

You surely cannot be supporting Garrett in any way after this?

3 minutes ago, lichtie23 said:

You surely cannot be supporting Garrett in any way after this?

Not at all, but the incident that saw it all kick off wasn’t much of anything - nothing even compared to the hit that saw a guy bleeding out of his ear. That was shocking. Rudolph reacted to being wrestled to the floor a bit. Garrett’s initial involvement wasn’t him trying to cripple Rudolph, or break him in two. That’s all I’m saying. 

Not at all, but the incident that saw it all kick off wasn’t much of anything - nothing even compared to the hit that saw a guy bleeding out of his ear. That was shocking. Rudolph reacted to being wrestled to the floor a bit. Garrett’s initial involvement wasn’t him trying to cripple Rudolph, or break him in two. That’s all I’m saying. 

Rudolph hasn't said too much, but it was unclear after lots of replays what exactly he was trying to do when they were wrestling on the ground. It looks like the glove on his left hand gets caught on Garrett's face mask, but he definitely has a tug at his helmet (fnarr fnarr) with his right hand before Garrett goes fucking radge. Whatever the provocation, the reaction is just roid rage levels of OTT.

As well as Garrett's ban, Pouncey has been banned for 3 games for swinging punches and trying to kick Garrett in the head, Ogunjobi gets 1 game for decking Rudolph while he had no helmet on, and both organisations have been fined $250k.

And Randall should get a ban too, and the reaction of both the Browns fans and him when he was ejected while the guy he hit was being helped off the field with blood pouring from his ear was appalling.

They could have done him for the timing AND using his body weight. No defence for Myles imo for that bit.

I can understand the helmet pulling (matron!) but there's no defence for the rest.

So frustrating.

Just now, peasy23 said:

Rudolph hasn't said too much, but it was unclear after lots of replays what exactly he was trying to do when they were wrestling on the ground. It looks like the glove on his left hand gets caught on Garrett's face mask, but he definitely has a tug at his helmet (fnarr fnarr) with his right hand before Garrett goes fucking radge. Whatever the provocation, the reaction is just roid rage levels of OTT.

As well as Garrett's ban, Pouncey has been banned for 3 games for swinging punches and trying to kick Garrett in the head, Ogunjobi gets 1 game for decking Rudolph while he had no helmet on, and both organisations have been fined $250k.

The aftermath to pretty much a ‘nothing’ initial incident (compared to a lot that goes on), was indeed full-on mentalness. When you look back at the initial incident, if Andrew Luck had been the QB involved, you could easily have seen the whole thing end up with Luck and Garrett having a laugh. Not trying to blame Rudolph here, it just all seems so un-neccessary.

Not really sure why Garrett is getting so much stick. It seems clear to me that he is falling over and reaches out and, instinctively, grabs Rudolph's helmet which, accidentally, comes off in his hand.

He sees Pouncey running towards him and tries to get away but you can clearly see him shouting "you forgot your hat!" and waving it so as to attract the quarterback's attention, but, in the melee, he mistakenly makes contact with his head a couple of times. 

On reflection, the initial hit...Screenshot_20191116-013204_Twitter.thumb.jpg.05e36ad59e40c3e892d914160ad26ca6.jpg
Nobody has said there was anything wrong with the initial hit from what I've read. I did think after that though Garrett made sure that Rudolph went down and also made sure his full body weight landed on him. Not suggesting for a minute he slammed him to the ground or anything, but imo he could have let him go after the initial tackle without them both going to ground.

Nobody has said there was anything wrong with the initial hit from what I've read. I did think after that though Garrett made sure that Rudolph went down and also made sure his full body weight landed on him. Not suggesting for a minute he slammed him to the ground or anything, but imo he could have let him go after the initial tackle without them both going to ground.
I had said he was late with the tackle which he evidently wasnt.