The S*n

Flybhoy

Saw Ben Stokes was trending on Twitter and was puzzled as to why since the Ashes finished at the weekend, when I looked to see why and saw this screengrab of the front page of what, is undoubtedly the most vile, scum borne publication in the history of print journalism I was astounded, although to be honest I really shouldn't have been given it's history, decades worth of lies, agendas and ruining people's lives. 

Just off the top of my head I can recall Hillsborough, the phone hacking, the homophobic abuse and privacy invasion of gay celebrities, it's racist rhetoric, its demonisation of the working class, immigrants and minorities, and that's just the ones I can think of right now.

Does anyone on here buy it and, can anyone with a semblance of decency about them able to justify buying it or clicking online to its website/app?

IMG_20190917_180751.jpg

IMG_20190917_181440.jpg

Screenshot_20190917-181601_Twitter.jpg

Edited by Flybhoy

Just off the top of my head I can recall Hillsborough, the phone hacking, the homophobic abuse and privacy invasion of gay celebrities, it's racist rhetoric, its demonetisation of the working class, immigrants and minorities, and that's just the ones I can think

I assume demonetisation was autocorrected from demonisation?

They do have an awful track record but on all those counts, even Hillsborough, they aren’t alone among tabloid newspapers.

I think they may be in for a shock at the backlash this will have on them, society and journalism has moved on from the 80's and 90's and people, by and large have little or no desire to dissect tragic events like this from people's pasts through gutter tabloids like this.

One positive of social media is the platform to condemn practices like this and the reprehensible individuals behind it, even campaigns to boycott such disgusting publications. 

Would be nice to think a public groundswell of opinion could finish off this 'newspaper' but, sadly there will be a plethora of thick, ignorant c***s (mainly racist, immigrant hating Brexit voters) who will continue to buy it.

I think they may be in for a shock at the backlash this will have on them, society and journalism has moved on from the 80's and 90's and people, by and large have little or no desire to dissect tragic events like this from people's pasts through gutter tabloids like this.
One positive of social media is the platform to condemn practices like this and the reprehensible individuals behind it, even campaigns to boycott such disgusting publications. 
Would be nice to think a public groundswell of opinion could finish off this 'newspaper' but, sadly there will be a plethora of thick, ignorant c***s (mainly racist, immigrant hating Brexit voters) who will continue to buy it.

I doubt it will have any affect on them in the slightest I’m afraid.

Also, I think people today are far more interested in dissecting tragic events in peoples pasts than they were in years gone by, not that that’s what The Sun did here.

25 minutes ago, Flybhoy said:

Could you not have crowbarred in a few more stereotypes?

5 minutes ago, Jacksgranda said:

Could you not have crowbarred in a few more stereotypes?

I'd stay less stereotype type and more 'If the shoe fits you must wear it' type analogy. 

The handful of people I have encountered who buy that newspaper are, by and large thick c***s, many of the 'bomb ra lot of thum' mindset. 

44 minutes ago, TheCelt67 said:

Haven't read the Sun in years, the Metro on route to work does me in terms of newspapers, but it's nice to see that it remains a horrible rag. 

Owned by the Mail a newspaper group the outdo the sun in terms of scum.

This story has been done to generate coverage and it's worked a treat for them, how many sun readers will really stop buying the sun because of this, I would bet less than 1%. We all know it's a rag so block them on twitter don't engage with them, don't shop in shops branded with the Sun logo. 

The sun is of exceptional value to me because if I see one it give me a heads up who to avoid. Next time you're at the airport bin every one in their free stand thing.

It was game over for proper journalism when people started to accept the blurring of the lines between "In the public interest" and "the public might be interested".
They haven't even tried to use the public interest excuse, just that the facts of the case "are on the public record", and the fact that a family member supposedly helped wuth the story, no doubt for a few quid.

Scummy b*****ds, I don't see any justification to traumatise Stokes' family just because he has had a brilliant summer, when the events in question happened before he was even born.

I haven't read a paper for over 10 years. Saw the Ben Stokes thing in twitter and wondered what it was all about.

Anyone who reads the sun and thinks it contains "news" is either gammon, oftw or thick as f**k

This also goes for most other "news" papers