Stranraer v Falkirk, 21st September

12 minutes ago, FFCinthearea said:

I don't think I've ever seen Falkirk beating Stranraer convincingly and playing them away fills me with a little dread given our track record down there.   I still expect us to win but it will be a tight affair.

I remember us beating them 3 0 in the late 90's in I think it was a league cup game maybe but thats about the easiest its got in recent years.

Had a wee look on soccerbase and it was 97/98 league cup.   Few strange results over the years. None more so than in the 1976/77 league cup group stages when Falkirk beat Stranraer 5-1 at home only to get pumped 5-0 at Stranraer.

Edited by Shadwell Dog

I remember us beating them 3 0 in the late 90's in I think it was a league cup game maybe but thats about the easiest its got in recent years.

Had a wee look on soccerbase and it was 97/98 league cup.   Few strange results over the years. None more so than in the 1976/77 league cup group stages when Falkirk beat Stranraer 5-1 at home only to get pumped 5-0 at Stranraer.

I’m sure I remember being down there for a midweek game at some point... no idea what year it would have been, early 2000s maybe..

5 hours ago, KiwiDB said:

I’m sure I remember being down there for a midweek game at some point... no idea what year it would have been, early 2000s maybe..

I mind a challenge cup game we got pumped out on pens. Coco McDonald missed I think. Midges were feckin horrendous. That was midweek.

Edited by Shadwell Dog

Think it should be hammered into the players that our away form must be bettered. We must set up to attack early on. Our defence has a reasonably solid base but our midfield although full of talented players don't seem to do their bit away. I would play connolly and Louis as wingers, gomis in the middle holding and try tidser in his favoured position as link midfield play maker

14 hours ago, FFCinthearea said:

I don't think I've ever seen Falkirk beating Stranraer convincingly and playing them away fills me with a little dread given our track record down there.   I still expect us to win but it will be a tight affair.

Stranraer away fills me with dread but for other reasons and a different kind of record. 

10 hours ago, Hank von Hell said:

Stranraer away fills me with dread but for other reasons and a different kind of record. 

Team bus home for me that game after having no idea where our bus was after collecting our carry out from a bush !!

Stranraer with only 3 defenders available so McManus wil probably go into central defence in front of Currie. Pigatiello will hopefully be back alongside Thomson, Hilton and Stirling in midfield with Elliot and either Dangana or Stewart up front. Considering all the players out injured and Cummins suspension thats the strongest starting line-up IMO.