Queens v Dundee

Poor. Poor. Poor. 
Good to see Forster being the rock we hoped for. 
Too many players around him shirking and hiding especially for how many years they've been in the game. 
Thought he looked OK as well. One guy in your support didn't agree and proceeded to call him a "useless bald headed c**t". Found it strange more than anything as Dundee defence dealt with what little we threw at them.

12 minutes ago, 19QOS19 said:
25 minutes ago, Dele said:
Poor. Poor. Poor. 
Good to see Forster being the rock we hoped for. 
Too many players around him shirking and hiding especially for how many years they've been in the game. 

Thought he looked OK as well. One guy in your support didn't agree and proceeded to call him a "useless bald headed c**t". Found it strange more than anything as Dundee defence dealt with what little we threw at them.

He was the best of that back four. Easily. 

Got to Dumfries in time to watch the second half on TV, or so I thought. Not only has my Dad never heard of the BBC Scotland channel it also seems you can’t get it on his TV (still BBC 4). Finally managed to watch the last 25 mins on my IPAD, but to be honest i’m pretty glad I didn't watch much more. Very poor.

24 minutes ago, ravabelli said:

Hiya Jordon, hiya pal

Absolutely, he was horrendous yet again. McGhee is clearly our only competent CH if Meekings (Who I still half rate) can't get a game ahead of Forster.

Slower than a weak in jail and turned time and time again.

Edited by Ludo*1

Absolutely, he was horrendous yet again. McGhee is clearly our only competent CH if Meekings (Who I still half rate) can't get a game ahead of Forster.
Was nice to see Marshall tonight and nice to see he's still the same player: getting into good positions out wide but never taking his man on.

1 minute ago, 19QOS19 said:
9 minutes ago, Ludo*1 said:

Was nice to see Marshall tonight and nice to see he's still the same player: getting into good positions out wide but never taking his man on.

Didn't think he was half bad tbh. Put a few decent balls in and he was almost expected to cover LB and LW since we had no one to do that job. You're stretching if you think he was one of the weaker players tonight. I'd say our 2 former players on your side had poorer performances if I'm honest. 

Dobbie looked to be getting back into some sort of form though and looked dangerous everytime he had the ball. Set up a couple of cracking chances.

Didn't think he was half bad tbh. Put a few decent balls in and he was almost expected to cover LB and LW since we had no one to do that job. You're stretching if you think he was one of the weaker players tonight. I'd say our 2 former players on your side had poorer performances if I'm honest. 
Dobbie looked to be getting back into some sort of form though and looked dangerous everytime he had the ball. Set up a couple of cracking chances.
I wouldn't say he was a poor performer, just commenting on him never taking his man on.

Just now, 19QOS19 said:
3 minutes ago, Ludo*1 said:

I wouldn't say he was a poor performer, just commenting on him never taking his man on.

Honestly not having a go, but it's a sign of both club's problems if we are expecting our LB's to be the one to take on men.

11 minutes ago, 19QOS19 said:
20 minutes ago, Ludo*1 said:

I think tonight was his least impressive performance so far, usually a fair bit more direct and positive in building up play.

5 minutes ago, Ludo*1 said:

Honestly not having a go, but it's a sign of both club's problems if we are expecting our LB's to be the one to take on men.

This. 

i was interested to see how Marshall and Holt would do against their old employers. In all honesty i thought both did fine. 

Both very decent LBs at this level.

37 minutes ago, sneeuq said:

Got to Dumfries in time to watch the second half on TV, or so I thought. Not only has my Dad never heard of the BBC Scotland channel it also seems you can’t get it on his TV (still BBC 4). Finally managed to watch the last 25 mins on my IPAD, but to be honest i’m pretty glad I didn't watch much more. Very poor.

Just needs the Freeview box to do a scan. Would have taken about 3 minutes.

BBC 4 is now in the high 80s on Freeview.

1 hour ago, 19QOS19 said:
1 hour ago, Ludo*1 said:

The only Dundee player I recall taking on a player was Cammy Kerr although that could be as much to do with me trying to erase the game from my memory as anything else. 

Odd debacle last night. My mate arrived 20 mins into the game (long journey up north for him which he was stuck in traffic) and wasn't allowed in with the turnstiles closed. I went looking for the head steward at half time to see what as happening, he just point blank refused not having any of it and there was zero chance of someone being admitted to a match late. After a while of this, I called the main office who kindly sorted it out and asked him to head round to the Main Stand where he caught the second half.

I get that there's obviously procedure and someone did manage to implement common sense in the end but it was astonishing how something so simple seemed to cause such a massive issue - someone trying to give a Scottish Football club money to enter a ground far less than 20% full.

For all the safety talk, based on that encounter, I genuinely think it'd be disastrous if they had to actually deal with a real issue.

Odd debacle last night. My mate arrived 20 mins into the game (long journey up north for him which he was stuck in traffic) and wasn't allowed in with the turnstiles closed. I went looking for the head steward at half time to see what as happening, he just point blank refused not having any of it and there was zero chance of someone being admitted to a match late. After a while of this, I called the main office who kindly sorted it out and asked him to head round to the Main Stand where he caught the second half.

I get that there's obviously procedure and someone did manage to implement common sense in the end but it was astonishing how something so simple seemed to cause such a massive issue - someone trying to give a Scottish Football club money to enter a ground far less than 20% full.

For all the safety talk, based on that encounter, I genuinely think it'd be disastrous if they had to actually deal with a real issue.
If the turnstiles were closed then it's a main office job. Probably because we don't deal with cash so it would either mean a steward pocketing £18 or someone being let in for free. It sounds like the steward did his job correctly except he should have directed your mate to the main office, not tell him he couldn't get in at all but there's always at least one arsehole in the high viz vests.

Did you pal not think just to go straight to the main office? If I was 15 minutes late to a ground that would be my port of call as I just assume that's when most grounds turnstiles would close.

If the turnstiles were closed then it's a main office job. Probably because we don't deal with cash so it would either mean a steward pocketing £18 or someone being let in for free. It sounds like the steward did his job correctly except he should have directed your mate to the main office, not tell him he couldn't get in at all but there's always at least one arsehole in the high viz vests.

Did you pal not think just to go straight to the main office? If I was 15 minutes late to a ground that would be my port of call as I just assume that's when most grounds turnstiles would close.

He did but couldn't see life until I caught someone on the phone who went on lookout and sorted it out.

Not shitting on anyone for doing their job but like you say, it was just a bit shitty how the person with authority was so uncompromising and a bit of a knob (saying to give up) about it when it would have taken a wee message on the radio to sort it out in two seconds.

48 minutes ago, harry94 said:

The guy obviosly didn't want to be found guilty of a Hillsborough type scenario a couple of decades down the line IMO.

What a dick.