Traits That Make You Wary

1 hour ago, Highland Capital said:

I know someone who doesn't like cheese, chocolate or coffee.  Sounds absolutely hellish.

To be fair, at the age of 11 I was regularly getting terrible headaches and I was told to give up those three exact things for 3 months (well, Coke instead of caffeine but the same idea). 

You'll be pleased to know that it didn't stop the headaches so I got right back in about the Big 3 C's again. 

People who feel the need to discuss wages and other personal financial matters. This can range from people bluntly boasting about how much they earn to people fishing for information relating to your own affairs. 

I used to work with (I know I know)a woman who was terrible for this. She started working in the company on the graduate scheme and when it came to bonus time she asked the other graduate in her department what she’d got and, with some hesitation, the other grad told her. Upon hearing the figure the woman refused to say what she’d got, brass necked.

She always used to ask questions about tax, as she was trying to work out what tax bands we were in and therefore a ballpark figure for how much we got paid. Strange.

12 hours ago, The OP said:

To be fair the enthusiasm for being private about earnings is generally to the employer’s benefit and the employee’s detriment. Not true in all cases but true tor the majority of people.

Aye. First company I worked for used to expressly tell employees not to discuss salary. Get tae f**k.

1 hour ago, Gordon EF said:

Aye. First company I worked for used to expressly tell employees not to discuss salary. Get tae f**k.

I know someone who was told discussing salary and bonuses is a sackable offence which seems to me to be illegal under the Equality Act.

11 minutes ago, The OP said:

I know someone who was told discussing salary and bonuses is a sackable offence which seems to me to be illegal under the Equality Act.

Interestingly, it's not illegal to discuss salary with colleagues for the purposes of collective bargaining under The Equality Act,  but employers can prohibit employees from discussing salary during working hours.   

2 minutes ago, hk blues said:

Interestingly, it's not illegal to discuss salary with colleagues for the purposes of collective bargaining under The Equality Act,  but employers can prohibit employees from discussing salary during working hours.   

Cheers, I'm already sending sent my 'All staff' email suggesting Friday drinkies and a good auld salary chat. 

2 minutes ago, hk blues said:

They'll never find a way round this iron-clad rule. Check and mate.

Just now, The OP said:

Cheers, I'm already sending sent my 'All staff' email suggesting Friday drinkies and a good auld salary chat. 

Don't forget to include HR in the invite list - laying the groundwork for a constructive dismissal claim

I'll disagree with that. I've tried mushrooms on numerous occasions but have never taken to the taste and texture of them.

Not read all 12 pages but adults who don’t like mushrooms as they generally have the same taste in food as children.