Traits That Make You Wary

On 10/10/2019 at 10:24, DA Baracus said:

I haven't worn a watch in about 17 years.

I have no need for one. It's little more than expensive jewellery for most people now.

On 10/10/2019 at 10:59, Dons_1988 said:

Exactly, 99.9% of people have no need for one.

^^^These guys are right.

On 10/10/2019 at 11:15, hk blues said:

I don't really agree.  For me, I don't carry my phone around and even if I did, it's surely more troublesome to have to take the phone out of your pocket than glance at your wrist?  

Yes, I often go to take my phone out of my pocket but struggle with how troublesome it is. 

9 hours ago, Cerberus said:

Likes bidets and into getting water skooshed up their arse.

^^^Shitey arse.

My watch works up to 30 atmospheres whereas my phone gets fucked up by a puddle. I have found this invaluable for all those times I am hundreds of feet under the sea sans submarine and need to know if I am missing any important appointments. 

1 minute ago, The OP said:

My watch works up to 30 atmospheres whereas my phone gets fucked up by a puddle. I have found this invaluable for all those times I am hundreds of feet under the sea sans submarine and need to know if I am missing any important appointments. 

^^^Marine Bhoy

images.jpeg-3.jpg

Takes circa 0 seconds to look at my wrist.  
Incorrect
I didn't wear a watch for ages but I have started doing it since my son was born.  I don't want to spend loads of time looking at my phone if I'm with my son so having a watch helps with that.

If your partner wants to get in contact with you if you are and about with your son ?
Quite sad how people cant just put their phones down, really that simple.
( ffs I need to now as need to hang up washing)

1 hour ago, 19QOS19 said:
1 hour ago, hk blues said:
It's more troublesome than looking at your wrist FFS

If I have a long sleeved shirt on it's actually less hassle looking at my phone than my wrist.

It's really not something to be debated - it is clearly easier to look at your wrist to tell the time than have to make the effort to go into your pocket, perhaps wake the phone up and look at the time.  To try to argue otherwise is nonsense.  

3 minutes ago, G_Man1985 said:

Incorrect If your partner wants to get in contact with you if you are and about with your son ?
Quite sad how people cant just put their phones down, really that simple.
( ffs I need to now as need to hang up washing)

I'm not saying that I don't have my phone with me, I'd normally just have it in my pocket.  So if my wife or anyone else neede me urgently they can get me.

I just want to get away from looking at my phone all the time, I think it teaches my son bad habits.

I'm not saying that I don't have my phone with me, I'd normally just have it in my pocket.  So if my wife or anyone else neede me urgently they can get me.
I just want to get away from looking at my phone all the time, I think it teaches my son bad habits.

So if you have your phone with you, a wee look at the phone to check the time and then back in the pocket ?
Or do you struggle that much you would then need to play/ do whatever on it ?
Self control .

4 minutes ago, G_Man1985 said:

So if you have your phone with you, a wee look at the phone to check the time and then back in the pocket ?
Self control .

Not really, I just prefer to look at my watch.  If I'm on my phone at all then my son wants to play with it so better that I use it less.

Also, if I'm pushing a buggy or playing with my son it's easier to glance at my wrist than take out a phone.  

Self control .
For a lot of people its become a reflex. Even people who are aware of it as being a bit antisocial are guilty. I do it myself. Like Chris I try to make an effort not to because it undoubtedly affects kids.

My two year old definitely doesnt like it if you look at a phone when she is wanting your attention so I try to just keep it well away when around my kids.

I have to use fingerprint recognition to switch on my phone, which doesn't work with a sweaty thumb so then I have to key in a password. By the time I squint at the corner of the phone to tell the time it's just to let me know It's too late.

For a lot of people its become a reflex. Even people who are aware of it as being a bit antisocial are guilty. I do it myself. Like Chris I try to make an effort not to because it undoubtedly affects kids.

My two year old definitely doesnt like it if you look at a phone when she is wanting your attention so I try to just keep it well away when around my kids.
First paragraph is really sad and so true.
I dont wear a watch purely because I'm not that keen on them and secondly it takes all of two seconds to check my phone and back in my pocket or wherever it is.
On a night out I'd prefer to leave my phone in house but I usually take it just incase. Phones are handy but it's all about self control.

It's really not something to be debated - it is clearly easier to look at your wrist to tell the time than have to make the effort to go into your pocket, perhaps wake the phone up and look at the time.  To try to argue otherwise is nonsense.  

There isn't a debate. If I'm wearing a long sleeved shirt it's easier to take my phone from my pocket and see the time than having to wrestle my watch from under my sleeve. It's as simple as that.

First paragraph is really sad and so true.
I dont wear a watch purely because I'm not that keen on them and secondly it takes all of two seconds to check my phone and back in my pocket or wherever it is.
On a night out I'd prefer to leave my phone in house but I usually take it just incase. Phones are handy but it's all about self control.
Its not good. There are people who are not aware they do it, or dont see it as a problem, or just dont care. I feel sorry for their kids because hearing a two year old asking you to put your phone away is saddening, and thats as someone who already tries not to really let my kids be exposed to it.

I know they will turn into phone/tablet junkies eventually, they all do these days but I will fight it as ling as I can

2 minutes ago, 19QOS19 said:

There isn't a debate. If I'm wearing a long sleeved shirt it's easier to take my phone from my pocket and see the time than having to wrestle my watch from under my sleeve. It's as simple as that.

If it's such a struggle then I'd recommend you start buying shirts that fit you.