St Johnstone v Motherwell Sat 28th Sept 3pm

Nothing but negatives from that game for me sadly. A chief Motherwell tactic was to let Liam Gordon have the ball knowing within seconds they’d have possession and he’d be floundering out of position. It was a good tactic. Sorry Tam, and I know he’s a young guy in first proper season as regular but very difficult to watch that.

Zander Clark has regressed as well. Absolutely rooted to his line, one time he never got away with it. Compare to the Motherwell keeper who came and held everything.

Motherwell were both cynical and physical at times. It reminded me of how we used to be. We are a long way from that now.

28 minutes ago, akuram said:

Kane should have been on from the start

Is this how desperate we've become?

Expecting a striker with 6 league goals in 30 months to save us.

Edited by RandomGuy.

Just now, ali_91 said:

What a strange take that is. Have a beer and sleep on it and come back tomorrow. 

Nah, I'll never do anything other than mock the suggestion Chris fucking Kane would be a difference maker. His cameo today was just the fucking usual of getting the ball, standing with it until someone tackles him, and winning headers with absolutely no conviction or idea where to actually direct it.

If we're going all Brexitball then I'd rather Hendry plays as the second striker, he at least has a habit of scoring, and of picking out passes, but for some reason hes been relegated to the stands despite scoring more goals in the past ten games hes played, than both our strikers have managed in the past 18 months.

35 minutes ago, akuram said:

Dreadful today. Kane should have been on from the start,one up front is not working. Motherwell looked much stronger than us and bigger.
We just can't score and always lose the first goal. I cannot see anything beyond relegation this season.

Kane shouldn't even be on the bench never mind starting. 

I thought it was very clear that we were much better when we could maintain being higher up the park, getting Wright, MOH, Holt. McCann, Muzz and the full-backs more involved. We don't have the strikers for 2 up front and I totally understand why Tommy persists. However if we absolutely have to do that, it should be Kennedy, but I think that's a waste in all honesty.

29 minutes ago, Costanza said:

A chief Motherwell tactic was to let Liam Gordon have the ball knowing within seconds they’d have possession and he’d be floundering out of position. It was a good tactic. Sorry Tam, and I know he’s a young guy in first proper season as regular but very difficult to watch that.

Everyone could see it, Kerr wasn't any better tbf but aye the distribution was poor.

1 minute ago, RawB93 said:

According to Soccerbase he's had 8 goals in 4 years. That's a worse record than Kane.

Why the f**k would you include a season May spent in the EFL Championship if you're comparing them?

Totally pointless.

1 minute ago, ali_91 said:

@akuram never said that Chris Kane would be the match winner, his point was that our strikers continue to be isolated with how we have set up this season, and that having somebody closer to May would be extremely beneficial. 

Chris Kane is nowhere near as bad as you make out, unless you are one of those narrow minded people who think that a strikers job is ‘tO SCoRe GoALs.’ A strikers job is to help the team win games, and Chris Kane has a knack of making us look a better side when he plays

He does a power of intelligent running and stretches defences and I don’t think it’s ridiculous at all to suggest him and May would forge a decent partnership. 

That’s clearly not just screaming 4 4 fucking 2 for the sake of it. 

Chris Kane doesnt consistently make us look better at all, hes fucking awful 90% of the time. He doesnt create chances, he doesnt take chances, he doesnt get in behind defences, he cant play with his back to goal, he doesnt win headers. 

Hes been our main striker for the best part of 8 months and scored about 3 goals. You can claim that doesnt matter, but we've only won five games in that time, so it clearly fucking does.

He played great against Hibs though, you know, that game where he played as a main striker and, yet again, didnt even have a shot on target.

5 minutes ago, RawB93 said:

Look, they're both just as shite as one another. That was my point.

May is, literally, playing one legged these days and still outscores Kane. 

Never sully his name again.