Dear Stewart Milne...

20/20 hindsight is a wonderful thing but...

How has the decision to torpedo the proposed change to the voting rights in Scottish football gone?  

I think it was 2013 when, without SEVCO being able to vote with their mutant cousins from across the city, there was some impetus to change the voting structure to stop the Glasgow clubs veto.  Milne voted with Celtic against the change and scuppered the opportunity, presumably as he envisaged Aberdeen replacing what was Rangers in a new duopoly.  

Just wondering how that's working out for you now...?  

Yours sincerely 

Dr Sanchez.  

1 minute ago, Doctor Sanchez said:

How has the decision to torpedo the proposed change to the voting rights in Scottish football gone?  

I think it was 2013 when, without SEVCO being able to vote with their mutant cousins from across the city, there was some impetus to change the voting structure to stop the Glasgow clubs veto.  Milne voted with Celtic against the change and scuppered the opportunity, presumably as he envisaged Aberdeen replacing what was Rangers in a new duopoly.  

Yours sincerely 

Dr Sanchez.  

Didn't St Mirren and possibly Ross county also stop his plans to change the league format, I'm sure I can remember him crying on TV and slating those two clubs for holding back Scottish football. 

Yours sincerely 
Dr Sanchez.  
https://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/stewart-milne-angered-spl-league-1834125

I can still remember his tear stained eyes to this very day. Rodent.

2 minutes ago, bennett said:

Didn't St Mirren and possibly Ross county also stop his plans to change the league format, I'm sure I can remember him crying on TV and slating those two clubs for holding back Scottish football. 

Pretty sure our then chairman was leading the charge for change.  

10 minutes ago, Doctor Sanchez said:

Yours sincerely 

Dr Sanchez.  

I don't think he's on P&B. 

Too busy rolling about on a big pile of bank notes and gold. 

13 minutes ago, Doctor Sanchez said:

Pretty sure our then chairman was leading the charge for change.  

Also a total knob.

Gilmour's behaviour round the question of the division to put the new Rangers in, was disgraceful.  Had he got his way, the disgusting duopoly wouldn't have taken this long to again become entrenched.  

42 minutes ago, bennett said:

That was in regards to changing the league structure.

Milne scuppered the proposed change to the voting structure. As the OP notes, Milne was motivated by greed and wanted to supplant the dead Rangers as partners to Celtic in hoovering up the majority of the sponsor money.

It did not go as planned for the wigged up p***k.

I think the significance of this is overplayed. The main problem with the 11-1 rule was the TV money distribution, but they changed this while Rangers were out of the league anyway. That particular voting structure only mainly applies to financial distributions and league structure - it's not like it's absolutely everything.

It's worth remembering that if the rule had been changed then we'd probably have ended up with an 8-8-8 league system that everyone hated. Having a "supermajority" can be very useful in preventing wholesale changes being forced through by a small majority.

46 minutes ago, Snifter Pee Rot said:

The main objection I have is allowing a 2012 newco call themselves same club with 54 titles and full watp hubris restored as if the mountain of debt never happened. Miilne, Petrie, the whole lot, were in on that scam.

Why worry about it?

Everyone knows it's a new team. Hell, even Rangers* fans know it's a  new team.

If they want to gloat about 54 then let them, the hubris is all to cover the fact their club died.

4 minutes ago, The_Kincardine said:

Oor Ryan put in a decent shift today.

Quick question:  Do you think the diddies would have started this thread if Aberdeen had won today?

The match thread would probably be around 50 pages by now if they'd won.