Best grounds attended

Glenanover

Best grounds I've attended are,

Carrow road, fantastic atmosphere and very friendly. 

White Hart Lane. Again the atmosphere was brilliant.

StJames park. Great location and was bouncing as it was the season that Newcastle got promoted.

Ayresome park.Was a semi final of the league cup. Old school ground. Quite a poisonous atmosphere but very exciting.

Wembley for a play off final . Just brilliant.

Anfield for a Euro 96 match.

The Den. What a superb atmosphere with an edge to it.

Ashton gate. Love Bristol as a city and was lucky to have attended a brilliant match. 

Elland road. The Leeds fans are superb. 

Hillsborough. Was Wednesday v Liverpool and both sets of fans were brilliant throughout.

Thats what I can think of just now.

Elland Road has a decent atmosphere at it but is a bit of a crumbling wreck imo. Tight to the pitch which is good but even tighter for leg room in the stand.

My personal favourite would be the Velodrome in Marseille, steep stands and not a bad view in the place. 

Honourable mentions to Dortmund, the Bernabeu and the Allianz.

Newlandsfield is the best wee ground in the world and no one will tell me otherwise.

the ones ive been to ive been most impressed with are the mestella, lechia gdansks , slask wroclaws and the estadio de luz. in Scotland I like tynecastle

wee grounds that I like are Curzon ashton,rochdale,Peterhead, strathspey thistle,burghead thistle, oriental de Lisbon, GROM plewiska and Poznan fc

7 hours ago, Marshmallo said:

Elland Road has a decent atmosphere at it but is a bit of a crumbling wreck imo. Tight to the pitch which is good but even tighter for leg room in the stand.

My personal favourite would be the Velodrome in Marseille, steep stands and not a bad view in the place. 

Newlandsfield is the best wee ground in the world and no one will tell me otherwise.

I know a Marseille fan. Lives over here now. Says the atmosphere at the Velodrome is amazing.

On my bucket list is a visit to Dortmund. Would love to stand on the yellow wall.

Best football ground would be either Dortmund or Bayern Munich. Great atmosphere at both, excellent transport to and from ground and great facilities. Olympic Stadium in Berlin also decent for atmosphere.

Facilities at Levi Stadium in California are  amazing but place felt a bit soulless. 

18 hours ago, Marshmallo said:

It's high on the list, but I think Prestonfield is better.  If you asked me as a kid to draw a football ground it would look a bit like that.

I know a Marseille fan. Lives over here now. Says the atmosphere at the Velodrome is amazing.
On my bucket list is a visit to Dortmund. Would love to stand on the yellow wall.

I came on to say Dortmund the best atmosphere for me. I’d have loved to have been in the yellow wall but was in standing behind the goal at opposite end which was brilliant and it’s also cool watching the yellow wall from the other end.

Obviously depends what you mean by "best", 

Vetlins Arena was fucking superb, a really impressive ground. Probably some of the best grub I have had at football as well. 

Allianz Riveiera was pretty spectacular as well. Only issue with the pair of them was that they are both out of town. 

Seen both The Den, and Wembley mentioned. Can only assume they mean the original structures, as they are both shite now. 

6 minutes ago, LondonHMFC said:

Obviously depends what you mean by "best", 

Vetlins Arena was fucking superb, a really impressive ground. Probably some of the best grub I have had at football as well. 

Allianz Riveiera was pretty spectacular as well. Only issue with the pair of them was that they are both out of town. 

Seen both The Den, and Wembley mentioned. Can only assume they mean the original structures, as they are both shite now. 

Nope. I meant the new Wembley. I’ve been in Mile High in Denver, FedEx Field in Washington, and MetLife Stadium in New York for NFL games, and I’ve done the stadium tours at the Cowboys, Cardinals, Seahawks, and the old Falcons stadium. Wembley is better than all of them. What made Mile High better was the atmosphere. Not the bricks and mortar.

Edited by pozbaird

1 minute ago, pozbaird said:

Nope. I meant the new Wembley. I’ve been in Mile High in Denver, FedEx Field in Washington, and MetLife Stadium in New York for NFL games, and I’ve done the stadium tours at the Cowboys, Cardinals, Seahawks, and the old Falcons stadium. Wembley is better than all of them. What made Mile High better was the atmosphere. Not the bricks and mortar.

Ah, I am talking about atmosphere and views from the seats. 

Think the only ground in England you are further away from the pitch, is the Olympic Stadium. 

13 hours ago, Jute said:

Best football ground would be either Dortmund or Bayern Munich. Great atmosphere at both, excellent transport to and from ground and great facilities. Olympic Stadium in Berlin also decent for atmosphere.

I’ve seen Liverpool at both, fantastic grounds. Been to Dortmund twice the first in 2002 before the refurbishment got the 06 World Cup and it was impressive enough then but even better now. 

My favourite in Germany though was Hertha Berlin just an amazing ground with so much history. 

Edited by Rab B Nesbit

1 hour ago, G_Man1985 said:

Who is it ?

Originally? Who knows, but it's obviously Malksoft. He must have fancied breaking off his old tear-stained snotter rants into a separate character. Most amusing; P&B's own James McAvoy.

They're all probably authored by one of the pro-Indy left-wing posters taking the piss out of the hysterics in the Mail/BBC comments sections. Big fan of their work anyway. Amazing how many fish they hook.

1 hour ago, Rab B Nesbit said:

I’ve seen Liverpool at both, fantastic grounds. Been to Dortmund twice the first in 2002 before the refurbishment got the 06 World Cup and it was impressive enough then but even better now. 

My favourite in Germany though was Hertha Berlin just an amazing ground with so much history. 

The Olympiastadion isn't actually owned by Hertha BSC, they play in it for now but I think they are looking to build their own purpose-built stadium elsewhere in the west of the city within the next few years. Incredible place though, superb atmosphere when I went last year.