Aberdeen vs Hibs

37 minutes ago, big al said:

Cosgrove is a turkey and him being involved in the play more with better support around him will only serve to highlight this. The Lazio rumours are 1 of the funniest and ludicrous things I have ever heard.

I don't think it was him being shite as such. Just didn't want to give Ross the ball at all. Was funny yet embarrassing to hear the sarcastic cheers when he finally gave him the ball.

30 minutes ago, Merkland Red said:

I don't think it was him being shite as such. Just didn't want to give Ross the ball at all. Was funny yet embarrassing to hear the sarcastic cheers when he finally gave him the ball.

Wasn’t there today so not disagreeing with you mate. His general build up play isn’t good enough though, week in , week out. 

The ballon d’or song is 1 of the most ironic songs ever, but I struggle to sing it most of the time as I can’t rate him as a decent player.

8 hours ago, big al said:

Wasn’t there today so not disagreeing with you mate. His general build up play isn’t good enough though, week in , week out. 

The ballon d’or song is 1 of the most ironic songs ever, but I struggle to sing it most of the time as I can’t rate him as a decent player.

I sometimes wonder what people watch when they’re at a game, or in your case when you’re not at a game. Cosgrove can in no way be described as a “turkey”, well apart from by you obviously, and his overall play has improved by leaps and bounds since the middle of last season. Like every player he goes through dodgy spells, but overall he is certainly a player. Also, with 14 goals (fourteen) in fifteen matches, where would we be as a team without him?

7 minutes ago, kingjoey said:

I sometimes wonder what people watch when they’re at a game, or in your case when you’re not at a game. Cosgrove can in no way be described as a “turkey”, well apart from by you obviously, and his overall play has improved by leaps and bounds since the middle of last season. Like every player he goes through dodgy spells, but overall he is certainly a player. Also, with 14 goals (fourteen) in fifteen matches, where would we be as a team without him?

His play in possession has improved, yeah you’re right. Still nowhere good enough for a team trying to qualify for Europe and win cups. I’m probably being a bit harsh though as at the moment there are several reasons we aren’t quite as good as want to be.

or to put it another way, he’s a downgrade on Rooney and miles behind likes of Morellos, Defoe, Eduoard, Griffiths etc. from the teams fans want to try and compete against.

hes still young and he is improving though so let’s hope that continues.

Edited by big al

1 hour ago, kingjoey said:

How many of those goals have been penalties? How many goals has he created in that time? He doesn’t contribute near enough. That’s a simple fact. I’d argue that his hold up play has gotten worse since he’s started scoring. I remember the game at Celtic Park (1-0 win in which Considine scored) and Cosgrove was pretty excellent with his back to goal. He’s no where near that level now and is pretty lazy. He would be a dream to play against.  

1 hour ago, Muzza81 said:

How many of those goals have been penalties? How many goals has he created in that time? He doesn’t contribute near enough. That’s a simple fact. I’d argue that his hold up play has gotten worse since he’s started scoring. I remember the game at Celtic Park (1-0 win in which Considine scored) and Cosgrove was pretty excellent with his back to goal. He’s no where near that level now and is pretty lazy. He would be a dream to play against.  

Fucking hell. 14 goals in 15 and some miserable b*****ds pick on Cosgrove 🙄

"How many were penalties? " who cares. Rooney scored plenty pens. Rooney's general play was also brutal for almost his entire time with Aberdeen!

As for those picking on him for not giving the ball to Ross enough. Ethan Ross was so clearly out of his depth yesterday . 

Edited by afc_blockhead

1 hour ago, afc_blockhead said:

Fucking hell. 14 goals in 15 and some miserable b*****ds pick on Cosgrove 🙄

"How many were penalties? " who cares. Rooney scored plenty pens. Rooney's general play was also brutal for almost his entire time with Aberdeen!

As for those picking on him for not giving the ball to Ross enough. Ethan Ross was so clearly out of his depth yesterday . 

Okay that makes Tavernier one of the best strikers in the league then as he’s scored a lot of penalties.

4 hours ago, kingjoey said:

That's it. You're either Derek McInnes or Joey Deacon.

2 minutes ago, AFCDannyFTH said:

That's it. You're either Derek McInnes or Joey Deacon.

I've not heard that one in a while. I thought we'd maybe grown out of that sort of shit, as a society. 

It appears that you and kingjoey represent the ends of the range of views.

If I had to choose between either end I'd choose the prozac infused sunlit uplands of Joey's Spaniel like optimism over your dooooom. 

Cosgrove is limited, and probably less handy than prime Rooney, but he didn't replace prime Rooney. I wouldn't swap him for Doidge or Itchpezau (although the latter is a close call) 

Guest Bob Mahelp

We create fewer chances than any other side in the league. A combination of Gerd Muller and Mo Salah would struggle to score for us. 

6 hours ago, kingjoey said:

There must be some medical award that Scott Allan qualifies for after completing the whole match yesterday despite being close to death on a number of occasions.

Hes definitely worse than Gary Mackay Steven was..................................

jose.png.fad36a46ed4d2e17043a4575b8716774.png

3 hours ago, Muzza81 said:

Okay that makes Tavernier one of the best strikers in the league then as he’s scored a lot of penalties.

You are one of those people who hated Cosgrove at the start and couldn't stand it when he proved you wrong arent you.

Even in the last few games hes saved a point for us yesterday and saved us being put out the cup at Dundee.

I love that a striker whose scored 14 in 15 is shite and a big reason Aberdeen arent doing as well as we hope.

What a clueless thick moron. 

17 minutes ago, afc_blockhead said:

You are one of those people who hated Cosgrove at the start and couldn't stand it when he proved you wrong arent you.

Even in the last few games hes saved a point for us yesterday and saved us being put out the cup at Dundee.

I love that a striker whose scored 14 in 15 is shite and a big reason Aberdeen arent doing as well as we hope.

What a clueless thick moron. 

Yeah that’s it mate. I’ve hated Cosgrove for as long as I can remember. Going right back to his Carlisle days! Busted.