Aberdeen vs Hibs

Unlike other folk on here, I am travelling to Aberdeen specifically  to see the match. If I was in Aberdeen anyway, there wouldn’t be anything else in my plans but to go the game. Someone has a season ticket, they are in Aberdeen, and they are going out of their way not to go to a match and support their club. If any game in recent years needed the support of as many fans as possible it’s this Saturday, and I don’t mean folk going along to dish out as much abuse as possible if we’re not three up after five minutes. This situation reminds me of season 2015/16 when we won our first eight league matches, then didn’t win for another seven games and fans were wanting McInnes out then. 

1 hour ago, kingjoey said:

Unlike other folk on here, I am travelling to Aberdeen specifically  to see the match. If I was in Aberdeen anyway, there wouldn’t be anything else in my plans but to go the game. Someone has a season ticket, they are in Aberdeen, and they are going out of their way not to go to a match and support their club. If any game in recent years needed the support of as many fans as possible it’s this Saturday, and I don’t mean folk going along to dish out as much abuse as possible if we’re not three up after five minutes. This situation reminds me of season 2015/16 when we won our first eight league matches, then didn’t win for another seven games and fans were wanting McInnes out then. 

It is absolutely nothing like 2015/16 and I'm not sure why people are still making out like this is a wee bad spell, we've been fairly shit for the last 2 seasons and if whats going on now is anything to go by the worst is still to come.

I'll be at the game like the mug that I am where we'll probably bully Hibs and scrape the win then people can bury their heads in the sand for a wee while longer....

3 hours ago, kingjoey said:

I'll be at the game because my son and nephew have been little b*****ds this week.

1 hour ago, AFC_1903 said:

It is absolutely nothing like 2015/16 and I'm not sure why people are still making out like this is a wee bad spell, we've been fairly shit for the last 2 seasons and if whats going on now is anything to go by the worst is still to come.

I'll be at the game like the mug that I am where we'll probably bully Hibs and scrape the win then people can bury their heads in the sand for a wee while longer....

It must just be because I have been going on a regular basis for almost 60 years that I can take the downs and the ups without ranting and raving about the manager. The problem that Derek McInnes has is that he has had a superb spell at the club, and although the football isn’t the best at the moment, I can accept that and wait for it to change under his leadership. 

3 hours ago, kingjoey said:

That is such a laughably dishonest assessment of where Aberdeen are right now. M5.png.1bd91b9e385eab2d42fadf65769db6e1.png

22 hours ago, Jute said:

I sadly will be on the train with them but as none of these spoon burners can afford first class it should be fine. If it was not for my season ticket I would not be going as have a feeling this will be another brutal game.

Oh really......

**Examines First Class Ticket Waverley to Aberdeen **

2 hours ago, AFC_1903 said:

Ok, I kind of see what you mean. However, the main point that I was trying to get over was the eternal fickleness of our support. There were fans desperate for him to be sacked at that point.

I'm pleased that Considine is back as our defence was tragic last week and he should make a positive difference. I'm hoping McKenna will make it too, but I think it's unlikely if he was only back training yesterday. I'm a bit concerned about the midfield, which looked lightweight at Ibrox, but most of what I've seen from Hibs this season suggests they have a similar problem there. We are certainly needing much better from our older and more experienced players than we have had in recent weeks. 

It feels like Hibs are due a win at Pittodrie and they are coming into this off the back of a very good result while we are going into it from a humiliating one. Saying that, I think we will nick it by a goal, either 1-0 or 2-1. 

17 minutes ago, DrewDon said:

I'm pleased that Considine is back as our defence was tragic last week and he should make a positive difference. I'm hoping McKenna will make it too, but I think it's unlikely if he was only back training yesterday. I'm a bit concerned about the midfield, which looked lightweight at Ibrox, but most of what I've seen from Hibs this season suggests they have a similar problem there. We are certainly needing much better from our older and more experienced players than we have had in recent weeks. 

It feels like Hibs are due a win at Pittodrie and they are coming into this off the back of a very good result while we are going into it from a humiliating one. Saying that, I think we will nick it by a goal, either 1-0 or 2-1. 

If McKenna is 50% fit he will play, such has our defence been in the last couple of weeks. Can’t see much change in our midfield, but could imagine that Vyner will play instead of Shay, who, I hate to say, has seen his best days with us. 

9 minutes ago, kingjoey said:

If McKenna is 50% fit he will play, such has our defence been in the last couple of weeks. Can’t see much change in our midfield, but could imagine that Vyner will play instead of Shay, who, I hate to say, has seen his best days with us. 

You might well be right; I'm just wary of what happened when we chucked in McKenna at 50% in the 4-2 against Rangers last season, although admittedly Hibs don't have Morelos. I haven't been impressed with either Logan or Vyner this season, so I'm not overly bothered about which one is at right-back. I'm also still not convinced by Leigh's defending, so it wouldn't shock me if McInnes reverted to Considine at left-back with Devlin and McKenna in the middle if the latter does make it. 

20 minutes ago, kingjoey said:

As poor as Logan has been he is still a better option than Vyner who looked awful at right back at Livingston and looked pretty poor from highlights of Saturday at centre half.