November Squad (vs Cyprus & Kazakhstan)

Gordopolis

Don’t get Fleck in before Gilmour myself. Fleck won’t play so why not Gilmour in and about the squad and let the manger have a close up look at him.

Squad starting to look more settled. Defence and that Centre Forward position is still terrible. Starting to look a bit thin on keepers too if truth be told.

3 minutes ago, King Kebab said:

Apparently Arsenal asked for him not to be selected for whatever reason...

Scotland: Arsenal requested Kieran Tierney omission, says Steve Clarke http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/50296744

Be a good team if Shankland has actually been picked for the squad, dropped for Naismith!!!

Shankland is in the squad. His name is just tucked away in the bottom corner. I missed it at first too.

19 minutes ago, Kuro said:

Sure, that's why premiership teams are sniffing about him already. I don't know how many times I have to explain, fans don't know anything about the game. If you want to learn don't listen to fans and don't presume you know anything, analyse the decisions of those that do.

Like the professionals that actually pick the squad and have him nowhere near it, aye?  Cool.

Don’t get Fleck in before Gilmour myself. Fleck won’t play so why not Gilmour in and about the squad and let the manger have a close up look at him.

Squad starting to look more settled. Defence and that Centre Forward position is still terrible. Starting to look a bit thin on keepers too if truth be told.

Why are you so sure Fleck won't play? He started in Russia and had a passable performance, and he's in the form of his life.

Fleck has been playing regularly and playing well in the Premier League while Gilmour is still just getting a taste of first team football

As for the rest of the squad, Steven Naismith, really?

1 minute ago, senorsoupe said:

Fleck has been playing regularly and playing well in the Premier League while Gilmour is still just getting a taste of first team football

Leave Gilmour with the U21's who are top of their group and going well. They have Greece at home the day before the Cyprus game and there are a number of potential prospects for Scotland in that team - inc Gilmour obviously -  and them doing well at U21 level will benefit us and them long term.

31 minutes ago, Burnie_man said:

You're clearly at the wind-up.  Harry Souttar's performances for Australia defensively have been ropey, against Asian minnows.  There are no EPL clubs "sniffing about him" because he can't even get a game for a shite Stoke and they have loaned him out to Fleetwood. Dear God :lol:

29 minutes ago, Kuro said:

Have they?  How many of them.did you watch?  How many goals did his team concede?  I'm correct, he's the best Scottish cb in the world right now.  You'll agree one day.

And be specific in your reply @Burnie_man

pros:
Only one 30+ outfield player
No Mulgrew
Still stuck with the likes of Declan Gallagher. Fortunately we might still be able to cobble together a passable defence against these two 'weaker' opponents

cons:
only 5 players under 24
The 30+ outfield player is half-fit and well into his decline
Two 30+ League One backup keepers when we have a 23 years old performing at a league above?
No Tierney. This is getting silly now. If he plays regularly before and after the international games then Arsenal are clearly being w*nks
No Billy Gilmour. Any harm at all in bringing him along for this one just as an extra number? It's clear he is destined to be of international standard (our level anyway) so why not get him prepped early?

Most annoying thing about this squad announcement was how much of a fuckup BBC sport made of it. They reported that Tierney was absent without actually listing the squad. Amateurs.

Anyway, my best team would be:

Marshall

Palmer Cooper McKenna Robertson

McTominay McGinn

Forrest Christie Fraser

McBurnie*

*Increasingly difficult to like, but still appears to be the best fwd we have

Guest DAVIDB69
Why are these necessarily pros and cons?

We are gradually bringing the age of the squad down as we needed to get away from the dads army selections

Guest DAVIDB69

The tierney one is peculiar as he is clearly fit enough to be started league games for arsenal now.

If he isn’t saying he wants to be in the squad I’m guessing he isn’t that fussed about playing for Scotland