November Squad (vs Cyprus & Kazakhstan)

Gordopolis

I do hope Clarke watches Caulker in the Super-Lig for Alnayaspor (sp?) before he puts him in the squad. I have serious reservations about his quality as a player, but if he is somehow turned into an amazing player then maybe he could deserve a call-up in a dead rubber.

Norwich confirm Hanley will be out for 7-8 weeks after an operation so that’s another name that can be scratched off for these games.

The playoffs as well I’d wager. Another season pretty much written off for him.

1 hour ago, Rabinho said:

The playoffs as well I’d wager. Another season pretty much written off for him.

He would still have plenty of time to get back playing by next march but whether he'll get much of a game for Norwich once their injury crisis is over might be another thing.

Guest DAVIDB69
I do hope Clarke watches Caulker in the Super-Lig for Alnayaspor (sp?) before he puts him in the squad. I have serious reservations about his quality as a player, but if he is somehow turned into an amazing player then maybe he could deserve a call-up in a dead rubber.

Does Clarke watch many players , he tends to cap players to see what they can do .

He would still have plenty of time to get back playing by next march but whether he'll get much of a game for Norwich once their injury crisis is over might be another thing.

Of course he would but the chances of him forcing his way back into the first team to get a decent run of games by March would be slim which is similar to what happened to him last season.

I'm hoping that we've still not sunken so low that getting a couple of games at RB for a fairly poor Hearts team gets you a Scotland call-up.

Is it sinking to an all time low? Or is it recognising potential and the glaring paucity of talent in that position and having the courage to bed the guy in for the longer term?
He appears to be a player with great potential - 17 years old and has played in a major final, being watched by all the major clubs etc etc.

All that said, he got switched to the left today after getting a bit of a roasting on the right :(

7 hours ago, Gordopolis said:

Is it sinking to an all time low? Or is it recognising potential and the glaring paucity of talent in that position and having the courage to bed the guy in for the longer term?
He appears to be a player with great potential - 17 years old and has played in a major final, being watched by all the major clubs etc etc.

All that said, he got switched to the left today after getting a bit of a roasting on the right :(

Hows Harry Cochrane turned out? 

Getting starts at 17 doesnt automatically mean you've got huge potential.

10 hours ago, Scumjob said:

There's probably a good thread in the "he looked good at 17" theme...

Feruz, Gauld...

Go take a look at the opening pages of the Burke thread.  Some wonderful shouts there for the Bash-Street-Kid-looking fucker.

13 hours ago, RandomGuy. said:

Hows Harry Cochrane turned out? 

Getting starts at 17 doesnt automatically mean you've got huge potential.

On loan at Dunfermline.  Are you writing him off? He has had a few injuries and needs game time, he is probably still one of the best midfielders Hearts have got and they tend to loan out their younger players to get experience. He's only 18.

Edited by Burnie_man

On loan at Dunfermline.  Are you writing him off? He has had a few injuries and needs game time, he is probably still one of the best midfielders Hearts have got and they tend to loan out their younger players to get experience. He's only 18.
He's a raw talent but there's something about him.