Stuart Campbell/Wings Over Scotland

Flybhoy

1 hour ago, MixuFixit said:

Been having a break from this sub for a while but I have to post that I'm delighted he is being Milo'd. Linehan next please.

Linehan is in with the right kind of people.

It's like the way you can't post tweets which incite violence unless it's "bomb Iran" or "kill Maduro".

5 hours ago, MixuFixit said:

lol. They're all moving to Mastodon apparently.

Glinner and Wings together. The Axis of Cùnt.

It just goes to show he warped Glinner has become. But for his transphobia he would never have touched Wings with a shitey stick. But his whole world has been reduced to one thing now.

4 hours ago, Sport socks and scampi said:

I'll grant him carte blanche to post whatever he likes on twitter given the genius of Father Ted.  Thanks.  

A lecturer tweeted today about teaching trans students on Zoom. He quote-tweeted her to his demented followers and said she was grooming. It's a common thing he says, just search his handle and that word. The woman was pretty traumatised - imagine being called that to hundreds of thousands of people, many of whom then start abusing you, and it happening in your real name.

I love Father Ted and the IT Crowd, but that can't give him a pass from what he's turned into now. He's become everyone he would have hated in the 1980s. He's properly terrible and Twitter have banned a lot of people for much, much less than his record.

I'll grant him carte blanche to post whatever he likes on twitter given the genius of Father Ted.  Thanks.  

Nah. Doesn’t work like that. If it had been the writer of something utterly dreadful, like Three Pints of Lager..., the prejudice he comes out with wouldn’t be any more or less acceptable. You’d just feel better condemning it.

3 hours ago, MixuFixit said:

Come on now as we all know Father Ted was written by Arthur Mathews and Arthur Mathews only.

Linehan tried to block Dermot Morgan getting the Father Ted Crilly part because he thought he was a bit, you know, and wanted the actor who ended up playing Father Dick instead. Mathews told him to feck off and insisted on Dermot. We all know who was wearing the trousers in that relationship.

P.S. Don't whatever you do google image search Father Dick. :yucky

Edited by welshbairn

On 10/03/2020 at 13:13, Scary Bear said:

Sadly Trans legislation seems to trump Independence for him just now. 

You've got that arse about tit. It's the wokerati entryiosts amongst the SNP who've not really got much inclination towards indy, and has led us down this divisive rabbit hole. 

To what extent is the SNP divided on the issue of the GRA / Trans rights?  You'd have to leave Stuart Campbell aside as I'm not sure if he's even a member of the SNP but is this something that's significant in the party?

There has been a group set up to support the SNP Women's Pledge, which is below

There is a community petition set up for this and the group is apparently composed of 100 members of the SNP, including MPs and MSPs.  The only names I can find linked to it are Joanna Cherry and Joan McAlpine.  Joan McAlpine has been active on these issues, speaking out about census classifications and the Gender Recognition Act.  

You do occasionally hear people posting as per a few posts above about activists distracting the SNP from independence with a focus on these issues, I'm not sure I've seen any evidence of that.  It does seem that people could disagree about this issue but still want Scottishindependence.  There does appear to be a bit of a generational split on these things though, with younger activists being pitted against older ones.  I've seen some chat that the Stirling University SNP branch were behind the suspension of Wings, although I don't see how that could be.

It would be pretty weird if the first political party to properly split over this was the SNP but I can't see it happening.

2 minutes ago, ICTChris said:

You do occasionally hear people posting as per a few posts above about activists distracting the SNP from independence with a focus on these issues, I'm not sure I've seen any evidence of that.  It does seem that people could disagree about this issue but still want Scottishindependence.  There does appear to be a bit of a generational split on these things though, with younger activists being pitted against older ones.  I've seen some chat that the Stirling University SNP branch were behind the suspension of Wings, although I don't see how that could be.

It would be pretty weird if the first political party to properly split over this was the SNP but I can't see it happening.

There have been many on Twitter who have stated that independence is not their #1 priority, indeed that GRA would come way before that and it's their #1 priority, they are entryists.

MammothTwat (who has now deleted nearly all his tweet history) admitted yesterday they were behind the suspension of all three accounts, they organise mass pile-ons, I tthink tweitter just gives up in the end and appeases the baying mob. 

6 minutes ago, ICTChris said:

To what extent is the SNP divided on the issue of the GRA / Trans rights?  You'd have to leave Stuart Campbell aside as I'm not sure if he's even a member of the SNP but is this something that's significant in the party?

My impression is that it's a relatively few in number group of Helen Lovejoys, mainly confined to social media, who have allowed themselves to be trolled by right wing fat beardy Americans demanding the right to call themselves lesbians. Most normal members are content for genuine trans people to quietly get on with their lives as they have for thousands of years.

Edited by welshbairn

15 minutes ago, MixuFixit said:

For someone keen to depict twitter as a bubble, you seem to be firmly plugged into all the characters surrounding this. For the rest of us normies we see a guy who was once useful descend into self sabotage because he has some pathological need to fight a cause and independent had gone a bit quiet. We have no clue who the folk are on either side other than a few high profile folk and we can just tell that bullying folk whose lives are so shitty none of us can even imagine what they have to deal with on a daily basis is wrong.

You see where you're going wrong here eh? 

Try following Raechal McKinnon for a start, happy to steal women's medals, but anyone daring to call him a cheat is a "TERF", has his clique rounding on them, and causing all sorts of grief in their actual lives, never mind petty twitter bans. And that's just the tip of the iceberg. 

18 minutes ago, fatshaft said:

You see where you're going wrong here eh? 

Try following Raechal McKinnon for a start, happy to steal women's medals, but anyone daring to call him a cheat is a "TERF", has his clique rounding on them, and causing all sorts of grief in their actual lives, never mind petty twitter bans. And that's just the tip of the iceberg. 

If that's how she chooses to spell her name I've got zero sympathy for her.

17 minutes ago, MixuFixit said:

I don't know who that is (suggesting it's probably not a major thing whatever it is) or what it has to do with making people who are not this person miserable.

No worries, if you've totally missed what's going on, indeed got the erse end o the pole, that's OK. Don't try to argue from a point of total ignorance though 👍

I just did a Twitter search for Stirling University SNP, seems that some of the activists involved there complained about Wings accounts and Twitter banned them.

Reading it though I do think that there's something slightly weird about political Twitter and how it's used and disseminated.  It's almost like the politically engaged people spend their lives on there and it becomes the discussion itself, away from the reality of the world.   There's a fairly prominent SNP elected official saying that she doesn't care about Wings getting banned because he blocked her and that was divisive. It's like a comfort blanket for people but one that makes them angry and tells them how great they are at the same time.  

I do like Twitter but it's easy to fall into that trap.  I'm trying to prune down who I follow as I get a lot of value from it but so much of it is just nonsense.

I'd also have an issue with saying that independence should be the number 1 priority of everyone in the SNP.  The  number 1 priority should be improving the lives of people in Scotland, independence is merely a means by which to do that. As is, you know, not being a transphobic c**t.

I'm not a member of the SNP for what it's worth, and if I was to join any party it wouldn't be them.

Edited by oneteaminglasgow