Ayr United v Dundee

5 minutes ago, D'Jaffo said:

We've shown since then though that we can defend well especially with Muirhead and Roscoe at the back. Muirheads distribution is just really poor but I thought he had turned a corner and could do a job for us. 

It's his first game FFS and having 2 days training is hardly going to allow him to do anything meaningful with the players. I see the Facebook fans are having a grand time with this result tonight though. 

Powder puff is harsh in hindsight.  We look just as likely to concede as anyone else. 

First game I've watched on TV in a long time and thought we looked Ok - we are definitely dirtier than it may look at the game. I'm happy with that.  

Let's just get to January

I thought that we started the game well, but failed to take our chances during that good spell which allowed Dundee to get a foothold in the game. If Moffat had scored his effort then the outcome of this game might have been different.

We had some very nice spells of play, but so did Dundee. Both of the goals we conceded tonight would have been entirely prevented if the ball had been cleared properly. They were good strikes though.

I think the ref might have gone to the PES school of refereeing. There were some meaty challenges that on another night might have been deemed red card offences by a stricter referee. It was kind of refreshing to see though, as football is sometimes scrappy and card-happy referees can ruin matches.

Hazard looked pretty good though we didn't really make him work that much. My dad asked me if he was related to Eden Hazard. 😂

I thought that we started the game well, but failed to take our chances during that good spell which allowed Dundee to get a foothold in the game. If Moffat had scored his effort then the outcome of this game might have been different.
We had some very nice spells of play, but so did Dundee. Both of the goals we conceded tonight would have been entirely prevented if the ball had been cleared properly. They were good strikes though.
I think the ref might have gone to the PES school of refereeing. There were some meaty challenges that on another night might have been deemed red card offences by a stricter referee. It was kind of refreshing to see though, as football is sometimes scrappy and card-happy referees can ruin matches.
Hazard looked pretty good though we didn't really make him work that much. My dad asked me if he was related to Eden Hazard. [emoji23]

Fair summation. Ayr need to find a couple of results now or all McCall’s good work may be undone. I hope you do. Great club Ayr, a proper football establishment.

19 minutes ago, trainspotter said:

Congratulations to @rb123! for landing a couple of big ones there with some rather obvious bait 

Yeah i was having a laff with that, thought i'd try and lighten the depressing mood lol. On a serious note the players were poor and i wasn't totally enamered with long balls in the second half however a draw would have been fair imo, didn't deserve to win and didn't deserve to lose. Was a similar story of recent games about not taking our chances at the right time, not entirely sure how the Moffat 1v1 was saved and then Forrest hit the open net rebound shot right at the Dundee player on the line.

I'll give Kerr time ofc however that's Geggan now fucked so well and truly down to the bare bones so he's in the tricky spot of not having the luxury of a full strong bench to change things up for Tuesday night. If we lose on Tuesday night and next Saturday to judas though there will be clowns wanting him sacked.

49 minutes ago, Hursty said:

It's outrageous isn't it.   Yogi or Canning or Jimmy Mac in their one day of training would have taught Moff to finish one on ones and McCowan to use his right foot when needed. Kerr Out. FUCKING BOOOOOOO

Worst part about tonight is that it wasn't McIntyre in the Ayr dugout, the GIRFUY would have been palpable.

19 minutes ago, ravabelli said:

Good win and much needed. Shows how mediocre this league is as we’ve been pretty poor so far this season yet still within touching distance of the top spot 

It's all about the tough, grinding wins, and that we seem to be figuring them out slowly.

Sadly our creative players never turned up tonight, as poor as I’ve seen Forrest, McCowan & Kelly for a long time.
I’d also have liked to see Doohan take the cross for the second. He made a decent save but the boy’s hitting it from inside the 6 yard box. Anything in that area should be the keeper’s ball.

17 minutes ago, Fifespud said:

Fair summation. Ayr need to find a couple of results now or all McCall’s good work may be undone. I hope you do. Great club Ayr, a proper football establishment.

I'd leave the panic button alone for now, but we need to start taking our chances and get a result soon otherwise we will lose the positive momentum we had before these three defeats. The league is pretty tight and we could find ourselves falling down the table if we're not careful.

We've actually not been awful in the last three games, we just need to take advantage of our good periods of play and clear the ball properly.

I back Kerr 100% and was reasonably happy with his appointment, especially compared to some of the names linked to the job. Hopefully he gets a few wins soon to prove the doubters wrong.

1 hour ago, The Gypsy King said:

Hazard looked pretty good though we didn't really make him work that much. My dad asked me if he was related to Eden Hazard. 😂

Good post. 

Watched on TV but missed parts of the second half. We looked good early on but the goal (cracking strike from McDaid) seemed to visibly knock our confidence. Defence looked susceptible to any balls into the box. Doohan can be a good shot-stopper but also gives me the fear with any crosses launched into the box.

The expected second half onslaught just didn't materialize for whatever reason. Game was there for the taking but we didn't step up at all in the second half. Overall I can't grudge Dundee the win; we didn't do enough considering we were at home. 

This won't be popular but I thought the referee overall was very good. Wasn't card happy and let them game flow pretty well.