General Election 2019 - AND IT’S LIVE!

Frank Grimes

X in the box for   

467 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

1 minute ago, Comrie said:

Interesting to see how quickly voters will a) turn on Boris if things start going wrong or b) how quickly he'll abandon the helm like a former girlfriend

He'll likely get Brexit done and agree a trade deal with the US. When that has happened he will say he has done his bit and it's now up to others to steer the ship. Means he can say he done what he said he would and it was someone else's fault it went wrong. That was always the plan for him.

Just now, ThatBoyRonaldo said:

Utter nonsense. The man has dreamt of being prime minister for 50 years - he's not resigning until he gets kicked out.

I don't see it. He is nothing more than an opportunist. He'll be rewarded handsomely for his services and then exit scene with his ego suitably massaged and someone else there to take the fall.

Nominating Michael Gove as the next most dangerous man to Dominic Cummings within Tory circles. Ireland is going to be a major problem for Johnson's party as he Brexits, and a simple solution will be for them to f**k up the Good Friday Agreement. Remember, Gove is the guy who called the GFA a 'humiliation' and a 'moral stain' .

The Orange supporting  ultra Unionist also called the peace document a 'denial of our national integrity'. He further claimed the 1998 referendum had been rigged to support the GFA, comparing it to appeasement of Nazis.

A sample of his work:

"The Belfast Agreement has, at its heart, however, an even greater wickedness. It is a capitulation to violence, a validation of terrorism which has led “demilitarisation” – the removal of the British Army from our sovereign territory – to be rendered as the equivalent to “decommissioning” – the placing beyond use of illegally-held criminal arsenals. The moral stain of such a process will prove hard to efface. It is a humiliation of our Army, Police and Parliament. But, worse still, it is a denial of our national integrity, in every sense of the word."

http://www.finfacts.ie/MichaelGove.pdf

Edited by Dundee Hibernian

18 minutes ago, Ross. said:

Post Brexit there will definitely be a change in migration patterns. I can see significant changes in the numbers of EU citizens, whether they have settled status or not. Who wants to stay where they aren't welcome? As England moves further to the right it will also put off prospective immigrants, which means fewer coming in. This result could have serious long term implications to the UK economy that no one can predict at this point.

There is a massive desire in Africa and Asia to move to Europe. Capital is desperate for cheap labour which can't vote. Despite all the hostile environment stuff non EU migration has risen and will likely keep rising.

Edited by Detournement

Well thanks for all your support over the last few days and your assistance in getting a Tory landslide for the UK. Brexit will now get done and a more stable progressive UK will develop over the next few months. I congratulate the SNP getting 48 seats and ensuring the Tory victory, a bit sorry for Sturgeon who failed in her main task of stopping Boris and still the votes for pro independence parties remain under 50% of the electorate so no obvious mandate for Indyref2. 

Next election I will be voting SNP as their support fits in with my ideology of hatred, racism and petty name calling. 

Well thanks for all your support over the last few days and your assistance in getting a Tory landslide for the UK. Brexit will now get done and a more stable progressive UK will develop over the next few months. I congratulate the SNP getting 48 seats and ensuring the Tory victory, a bit sorry for Sturgeon who failed in her main task of stopping Boris and still the votes for pro independence parties remain under 50% of the electorate so no obvious mandate for Indyref2. 
Next election I will be voting SNP as their support fits in with my ideology of hatred, racism and petty name calling. 
Poor trolling effort, you need to find another angle. As you well know, even if everyone in Scotland voted Labour yesterday we'd still have had a Tory majority today.

3 minutes ago, Detournement said:

There is a massive desire in Africa and Asia to move to Europe. Capital is desperate for cheap labour which can't vote. Despite all the hostile environment stuff non EU migration has risen and will likely keep rising.

It will definitely be interesting to see how it pans out. The only thing I can say is I am more certain with every passing day that I made the right decision when I decided to try life elsewhere.

6 minutes ago, johnthebaptistist said:

Are you on drugs?

Scotland could have voted entirely Labour and it woiuld make NO difference against 530odd English seats.

As Indyref2 mandate:

1. All the literature I received from Unionists told me that a vote for the SNP was one for Indyref2. Can't back down now they've won a massive landslide.

2. Recent research showed 49% of Labour voters support Indy. Add to that all our EU nationals and 16/17 year olds. If you're so confident, implore Boris to give us Indyref2 and end it.

Edited by Crùbag

Poor trolling effort, you need to find another angle. As you well know, even if everyone in Scotland voted Labour yesterday we'd still have had a Tory majority today.

Not even that - why are folk still thinking that Sturgeon won’t be happy with the Tory landslide? Far better chance of getting independence with Boris than with a Labour Party propped up by the SNP.

3 minutes ago, ICTJohnboy said:

Is Gove human?

Don't know what it is about him that always reminds me of this chap.

download.jpg

Best to leave it to Boyle to describe Gove...

😀

Gove – looking like someone took all the flesh out of a serial killer’s drains and forced it into some brogues; like Davros fell out of his Dalek; like a rushed cartoon of a horny snail – is somehow not the worst person in cabinet, or even his own marriage