General Election 2019 - AND IT’S LIVE!

Frank Grimes

X in the box for   

467 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

2 hours ago, welshbairn said:

Just looking at the Tory leaflets, no other policies, just 2 referendums. Just looked at the headlines before recycling though. Might have been something about replacing the 20,000 police officers they sacked in small print somewhere. 

I'm hoping against hope that the SNP drops the Marquis of Queensberry approach to campaigning and sets the dogs on the Tories..  And I reckon it wouldn't be too hard.

I'm on the committee of a local organisation - the group consists of white middle-class males of a certain age.  At least three of the twelve or so are avowed Tories, but everyone rubs along.  Or at least they did until the conclusion of the last meeting when the resident blowhard starting sounding off in praise of Brexit.  Cue some heated discussion during which the point was made to the 'Tories' that the party they might once have honourably supported no longer exists.  And the same person (not me) urged them to consider their kids and grandkids when they vote.

To my surprise they offered no real argument in reply, and whilst that is admittedly a long way from being certain they may think twice on Dec 12th, it is surely a line that Sturgeon and Co should be hammering forcibly in cdrtain constituencies, whilst portraying Johnson as political impostor who would sell/shag his granny for personal advantage.  Time to get th gloves off.

39 minutes ago, O'Kelly Isley III said:

I'm hoping against hope that the SNP drops the Marquis of Queensberry approach to campaigning and sets the dogs on the Tories..  And I reckon it wouldn't be too hard.

I'm on the committee of a local organisation - the group consists of white middle-class males of a certain age.  At least three of the twelve or so are avowed Tories, but everyone rubs along.  Or at least they did until the conclusion of the last meeting when the resident blowhard starting sounding off in praise of Brexit.  Cue some heated discussion during which the point was made to the 'Tories' that the party they might once have honourably supported no longer exists.  And the same person (not me) urged them to consider their kids and grandkids when they vote.

To my surprise they offered no real argument in reply, and whilst that is admittedly a long way from being certain they may think twice on Dec 12th, it is surely a line that Sturgeon and Co should be hammering forcibly in cdrtain constituencies, whilst portraying Johnson as political impostor who would sell/shag his granny for personal advantage.  Time to get th gloves off.

Figures. Limp and wet when face to face. But happy to anonymously shout insults on web sites.

27 minutes ago, welshbairn said:

Interesting. What's your role?

I’m actually the Convener of the Committee and O’Kelly is my Vice Convener. I get to sit beside big Brenda the Committee Clerk every Tuesday night. (I know he lusts after her and is crazy jealous). I never call him to speak - hence his online outbursts of macho frustration. To spite him, I have refused to take a sickie or go on holiday for 6 and a half years, just so that he never gets to be Convener. Or sit beside big Brenda.

I might have said too much, but I suppose it’s important you understand the background.

2 hours ago, O'Kelly Isley III said:

That is absolutely what I intend to do when I vote and it is exactly the reason I won't be voting for the SNP. Actually it's just one of a myriad of reasons why I won't be voting SNP but you get the jist. 

1 hour ago, O'Kelly Isley III said:

'Limp and wet' - shakes head and laughs....

Just put me on ignore Petal, I seem to be upsetting you.

Ignore you? How can I ignore you? I’m going to have to look at your Charles Hawtrey face for 2 hours at Committee tonight. I’m going to have to listen to your usual sniveling points raised under Any Other Business. And I’m going to have look down the table and catch you staring yet again at the lovely Brenda’s bosom.

Edited by Pet Jeden

Ignore you? How can I ignore you? I’m going to have to look at your Charles Hawtrey face for 2 hours at Committee tonight. I’m going to have to listen to your usual sniveling points raised under Any Other Business. And I’m going to have look down the table and catch you staring yet again at the lovely Brenda’s bosom.
Nurse, the screens.

Sent from my MotoG3 using Pie and Bovril mobile app

9 hours ago, Malky3 said:

That is absolutely what I intend to do when I vote and it is exactly the reason I won't be voting for the SNP. Actually it's just one of a myriad of reasons why I won't be voting SNP but you get the jist

It's just 'myriad', not 'myriad of' and 'gist' not 'jist'. 

I'm educating you, nothing else.

Three-times-faster charging and prosecution times of knife offenders to act as a better deterrent. Anyone caught with a knife will be arrested, charged within 24 hours and in court within a week.
    A new form of court order called a serious violence reduction order allowing police to search habitual knife carriers in the street without requiring suspicion. It could be used against acid and guns, as well as blades.

https://www.standard.co.uk/news/politics/boris-johnson-new-stop-and-search-powers-will-see-knife-thugs-before-the-courts-within-days-a4290491.html

Except underfunding of the criminal justice system (in fact the entire justice system) means courts often lie empty with not enough staff to open. 

:rolleyes: Cases are being scheduled for the middle of next year.