Falkirk vs Raith Rovers

Just now, Frank conner said:
9 minutes ago, Bairnardo said:
Shocked to see you have no credible response from yourself.

I'm not shocked that you're still greetin about Hendry.

Just asking for opinions on the football m8. Pretty on topic from myself wouldn't you say?

Just now, Bairnardo said:

Just asking for opinions on the football m8. Pretty on topic from myself wouldn't you say?

Asking for (or expecting) a footballing opinion from Frank is, to be frank, pointless...as is arguing.

While the red on Telfer might have been a slightly harsh one, his reaction speaks volumes and it wasn’t unwarranted. You see no fight in him, no objection, no complaint, and that speaks volumes.

1 minute ago, TxRover said:

Asking for (or expecting) a footballing opinion from Frank is, to be frank, pointless...as is arguing.

While the red on Telfer might have been a slightly harsh one, his reaction speaks volumes and it wasn’t unwarranted. You see no fight in him, no objection, no complaint, and that speaks volumes.

Wont be putting any stock in that tbh. Pretty sure it was too cold and wet for the wee p***k

On Armstrong, he’s been playing with an injury for months which eventually got too much last week. It’ll take him a while to get back to full speed. I’ll admit he’s been underwhelming but he’s a match winner on his day. I think he’ll be vital in the arse end of the season, probably once it gets a bit warmer!

Edit: He’s also been playing out of position a lot and being asked to play in a way he probably never has before. He came on yesterday to stretch the game and we nearly immediately got Bene sent off and he again got shoehorned into left back.

3 minutes ago, TxRover said:

What fight can he have after ref has flashed a red card ?

I personally didnt think it was a red at the game and after watching the highlights I still dont

The challenge was as bad as the one put in by I think your no23 which Gomis got booked for, it was never a booking for Gomis and you can see your no23 looking up to see if he is getting booked or possibly sent off for having a raised stud on Gomis. The challenge was a 50/50 nothing more than that but I have seen more players sent off for the raised studs and connecting than I have with the challenge Telfer made.

The ref was shite for both teams yesterday and had some weird decisions throughout, ones where you ask wtf was that for.

Onwards and upwards for us hopefully, we now have fight in the team which is something that lacked under McKinnon where we accepted defeat or a draw far too easily added with McKinnons footballing management skills. 

Just watched the highlights.

No idea what Telfer was doing. They were probably told to 'target' Hendry and he's taken it too literally. Having said that, it wasn't a 'studs up, flying in' type of tackle and he, like everyone else, probably thought he would get off with a yellow. I think Hendry's reaction helped make the Ref's mind up TBH.

Gomis's first yellow was unwarranted IMO. Both players going for the ball and collided with one another. If you freeze the footage just before however, you can see Armstrong going in with his studs up and catching Gomis on the leg. If anything, the booking should have been the other way around. Regarding his second yellow, at the time I thought the Raith forward was further up the pitch and that he had no option but to pull him back however there were two defenders there that may have been able to do something so he could maybe have avoided that one.

The Raith guy's second booking for the sending off was certainly merited however, I can't remember what his first was for (unless it was he that elbowed McManus in which case he shouldn't have been around to be booked twice) so don't know if he deserved to walk or not?

25 minutes ago, Hank Scorpio said:

I, personally, am thoroughly looking forward to Falkirk absolutely dominating a side each and every time the opposition gets a man sent off this season.....AND,And, finishing as Champions with the 100 points they spoke of earlier in the season, Yay!!   

Oh, wait,haud oan.....or was it 40 points above every other team.....hmm?

FTFY!!

Edited by Wee Sandy

I think both sets of supporters would have been happy enough with a point after that yesterday.

Raith missing some key players, whilst we were down to 10 men with 15 minutes on the clock, and then played the last 10 with 9.

Watched the highlights back just there, still don't think Telfer's foul was a red card...but jesus, what the hell is he playing at making that kind of challenge? About one yard away from the referee as well. Absolute moron.

Thought we were fairly well in control of the game at 11 vs 11, and even after the red card were doing well til the Raith goal. The goal once again confirming that Mark Durnan is absolutely pish. Raith then cruised it til half time stroking the ball about from side to side as you'd expect - but maybe they should have gone for a second goal at that point.

Hendry's antics trying to get Miller sent off was embarrassing, as was Bowie's repeated diving. Good players though. 

At half time we made the change to bring Gomis on for McMillan, changing from a 4-3-2 to 4-4-1. It certainly seemed to work, not just because Gomis is a #baller but because it stopped Raith getting down the sides of our midfield so easily. We put Raith under a lot of pressure considering we were a man down, got the equaliser and levelled up the playing numbers with Benedictus receiving his customary TFS red card. 

At that point it really looked like there was only going to be one winner, but Buchanan had other ideas. It would be nice if we could get through just one home game without one of our centre halves making a complete suicide pass out from the back. Although his first yellow was pretty harsh, Gomis basically had no option but to take one for the team there imo. Had Raith gone 2-1 up there I reckon they'd have managed to see the game out. The last 10 minutes was all Raith with us basically camped on the edge of our own box but think we defended pretty resolutely til full time.

McManus and Longridge were both excellent for us yesterday. McManus was a constant nuisance to the Raith defense, both through good hold up play and spinning in behind using his pace to good effect. And my MotM Longridge, just doing Longridge things really, on either foot, drifting around, cleaver flicks and a box of tricks. Certainly looked back to his best which would be a huge asset for the rest of the season if we can get him signed up. 

Good turnout from both sets of fans considering the weather. 

Certainly promising signs for us, as others have said we'd have lost that game under McKinnon. I'd imaging both sets of fans will feel optimistic going in to the second half of the season after that.

Edited by NavyBlueArmy1876

I think both sets of supporters would have been happy enough with a point after that yesterday.
Raith missing some key players, whilst we were down to 10 men with 15 minutes on the clock, and then played the last 10 with 9.
Watched the highlights back just there, still don't think Telfer's foul was a red card...but jesus, what the hell is he playing at making that kind of challenge? About one yard away from the referee as well. Absolute moron.
Thought we were fairly well in control of the game at 11 vs 11, and even after the red card were doing well til the Raith goal. The goal once again confirming that Mark Durnan is absolutely pish. Raith then cruised it til half time stroking the ball about from side to side as you'd expect - but maybe they should have gone for a second goal at that point.
Hendry's antics trying to get Miller sent off was embarrassing, as was Bowie's repeated diving. Good players though. 
At half time we made the change to bring Gomis on for McMillan, changing from a 4-3-2 to 4-4-1. It certainly seemed to work, not just because Gomis is a #baller but because it stopped Raith getting down the sides of our midfield so easily. We put Raith under a lot of pressure considering we were a man down, got the equaliser and levelled up the playing numbers with Benedictus receiving his customary TFS red card. 
At that point it really looked like there was only going to be one winner, but Buchanan had other ideas. It would be nice if we could get through just one home game without one of our centre halves making a complete suicide pass out from the back. Although his first yellow was pretty harsh, Gomis basically had no option but to take one for the team there imo. Had Raith gone 2-1 up there I reckon they'd have managed to see the game out. The last 10 minutes was all Raith with us basically camped on the edge of our own box but think we defended pretty resolutely til full time.
McManus and Longridge were both excellent for us yesterday. McManus was a constant nuisance to the Raith defense, both through good hold up play and spinning in behind using his pace to good effect. And my MotM Longridge, just doing Longridge things really, on either foot, drifting around, cleaver flicks and a box of tricks. Certainly looked back to his best which would be a huge asset for the rest of the season if we can get him signed up. 
Good turnout from both sets of fans considering the weather. 
Certainly promising signs for us, as others have said we'd have lost that game under McKinnon. I'd imaging both sets of fans will feel optimistic going in to the second half of the season after that.

Stop it you are ruining this thread with a far to sensible post.

Looking at the red card incidents on the highlights, Bene and Gomis were both stick-on second yellow cards and if that’s Telfer attempting to play the ball he should give up football, or maybe move to a Junior team. It didn’t look outrageous but when you see how far away the ball is, it’s a poor tackle.

Looking at the red card incidents on the highlights, Bene and Gomis were both stick-on second yellow cards and if that’s Telfer attempting to play the ball he should give up football, or maybe move to a Junior team. It didn’t look outrageous but when you see how far away the ball is, it’s a poor tackle.

I’d be absolutely fucking delighted if Telfer fucked off to the juniors tbh.

Telfer wasnt even a yellow never mind a red,neither Gomis or Benes yellows were yellows.Falkirk played with a man short for the best part of the game,we were decimated by injuries to key players and suspensions

Falkirk fans think we,re pish and we think they,re pish

Close the thread

2 hours ago, ShaggerG said:

The Raith guy's second booking for the sending off was certainly merited however, I can't remember what his first was for (unless it was he that elbowed McManus in which case he shouldn't have been around to be booked twice) so don't know if he deserved to walk or not?

He was booked for taking out McManus out wide approaching the box, it could be deemed as a soft booking as I thought McManus played for it albeit was a foul but enough about yesterdays ref

He was booked for taking out McManus out wide approaching the box, it could be deemed as a soft booking as I thought McManus played for it albeit was a foul but enough about yesterdays ref

I’ve always thought those fouls are soft. When an attacking player runs into another player and goes down, what is the defender meant to do? Surely it’s up to the attacker to run round the defender.