Treble Winners (Celtic) v Sheep worriers (Aberdeen)

2 minutes ago, big al said:

Watched the replays and Cosgrove won the ball clean as a whistle and pretty textbook technique. No stray legs kicking out after winning the ball.

Yes it was at pace but no way is he out of control, reckless or dangerous.

Have to appeal that surely? 

How can you not say he's reckless or dangerous, the speed he flies in at and the fact he caught ajer who jumped meant it was highly dangerous

Its a clear red card for endangering the opponent, the rules dont say "if you play the ball then any afters is fair doos" 

Stupid shambles of a tackle that he didnt need and cost aberdeen any chance of sneaking a result

4 minutes ago, 54_and_counting said:

How can you not say he's reckless or dangerous, the speed he flies in at and the fact he caught ajer who jumped meant it was highly dangerous

Its a clear red card for endangering the opponent, the rules dont say "if you play the ball then any afters is fair doos" 

Stupid shambles of a tackle that he didnt need and cost aberdeen any chance of sneaking a result

There are no afters though, it’s a clean tackle and considering he’s a big awkward striker it was a surprisingly good tackle.

Ajer has made a meal of it and got him the red. As I said, the pace he comes in at makes it look worse but football is sometimes played at 100 miles an hour which is ok as long as the player is in control, which he absolutely was. 

Edited by big al

There are no afters though, it’s a clean tackle and considering he’s a big awkward striker it was a surprisingly good tackle.
Ajer has made a meal of it and got him the red. As I said, the pace he comes in at makes it look worse but football is sometimes played at 100 miles an hour which is ok as long as the player is in control, which he absolutely was. 

I said at the time I thought the red was harsh but if you’re traveling at that speed and then leave the ground it can be considered as being reckless and you’re asking for trouble, which is what he got.

IMG_8147.jpg

13 minutes ago, Drew Brees said:

I said at the time I thought the red was harsh but if you’re traveling at that speed and then leave the ground it can be considered as being reckless and you’re asking for trouble, which is what he got.

IMG_8147.jpg

Though 'reckless' is a yellow. Excessive force is the step-up to red.

Edited by cmontheloknow

9 minutes ago, Drew Brees said:

IMG_8147.jpg

Respect your opinion, have to agree though we have different opinions which is part of the game. 
I still hope it is appealed although not much point, if as was discussed on sportsound today Lawell runs Scottish football anyway.

If that tackle was made on an Aberdeen player the only time I would be shouting for a red was if Morellos or Jack had made the tackle.

Have seen a lot worse go unpunished anyway (see McGregor at Pittodrie last season straight legged into Ferguson). Now that was dangerous/ reckless.

35 minutes ago, 54_and_counting said:

This has to be a first. Aberdeen posters have both Celtic and Rangers fans having a go at us on the same thread. History in the making.

49 minutes ago, big al said:

Its not a surprisingly good tackle, its a tackle he didnt have to make, it was dangerous and given the speed of his lunge and the height he was off the ground he was clearly not in control of his tackle, if ajers leg is planted theres a good chance of a leg break at best, 

If they reduce the card on appeal it will cause chaos as you'll have every single player stating "i got the ball" and expecting to get away with punishment, 

6 minutes ago, 54_and_counting said:

Its not a surprisingly good tackle, its a tackle he didnt have to make, it was dangerous and given the speed of his lunge and the height he was off the ground he was clearly not in control of his tackle, if ajers leg is planted theres a good chance of a leg break at best, 

If they reduce the card on appeal it will cause chaos as you'll have every single player stating "i got the ball" and expecting to get away with punishment, 

I hear you, but for me that’s a great tackle. And yes he does have to make it because a pro should always give his maximum for the whole game and the ball was definitely there to be won.

No point going round in circles with this though, look forward to appeal decision.

Guest Bob Mahelp
6 minutes ago, 54_and_counting said:

If, if, if. Any tackle could be a leg breaker...'if'....

You're looking like a dick here. Did he actually catch any part of Ayer other than a normal follow through when he plays the ball ? 

20 minutes ago, Bob Mahelp said:

If, if, if. Any tackle could be a leg breaker...'if'....

You're looking like a dick here. Did he actually catch any part of Ayer other than a normal follow through when he plays the ball ? 

If Ajer doesn't jump out of the way he would have. Very reckless challenge imo. I'm glad that these kind of challenges got reds last night and today - they don't belong in the 21st century game.

Edited by TavTastic

2 minutes ago, TavTastic said:

If Ajer doesn't jump out of the way he would have. Very reckless challenge imo. I'm glad that these kind of challenges got reds last night and today - they don't belong in the 21st game.

they get reds if  opponents of the gruesomes make them