Your favourite moment this decade supporting your club

Utterly gripped by the Queens fans on here steadfastly refusing to understand time.

Muirhead sticking the heid on the QOS player in the challenge cup final was the moment for me. Beautiful. 

Getting our highest league finish since 1982 was nice.

Otherwise a bit meh.

Delighted to join the Pars fans in this seasonal BMMMH love-in. 

All this, and Sheerin lobbing the keeper the day we won the 1st title

In several respects, this past decade is probably the best, or at least most ‘successful’ in the club’s 141 year history. We finally won a title Division 3, then a couple more. I still feel privileged among successive generations of Arbroath supporters to have been part of this - larger numbers of previous one never had this opportunity though we did have some good years/decades - 30s, 60s, 70s before the Dark Ages.

4 hours ago, velo army said:

Utterly gripped by the Queens fans on here steadfastly refusing to understand time.

Muirhead sticking the heid on the QOS player in the challenge cup final was the moment for me. Beautiful. 

That's a weird reading of the discussion.

I was on Muirhead's side there anyway.  Higgins' conduct was disgraceful.

5 hours ago, velo army said:

He is a club legend. A lot of folk will naturally highlight those goals against the Wee Team, but his winner at the death up at Dingwall a few weeks previous was absolutely crucial. 

I honestly love the guy, but would still hold Crawford in higher regard (for his playing days, of course). 

Tough choice for Alloa fans too after an extremely successful 10 years by our own standards. Third Division title, two Second Division / 'League One' promotions and five seasons in the second tier. Some absolutely terrific football played by different Alloa teams over that era, with teams managed by Hartley, Ross and Goodwin standing out. The current Facebook poll to pick the team of the decade is incredibly difficult. 

For one off matches, the Challenge Cup win over Rangers will always be a very special one. Missing 8 players, 2-0 down with less than 20 minutes to go only to come back and get a late winner to win 3-2. Extraordinary stuff. We should have beaten them more than once really, think we had five draws against them over those two seasons. We've also had a couple of wins each against Hibs and Dundee Utd. Slight regret we didn't add Hearts to that list on a day when we were the better team and had them on the ropes late on. Aberdeen scraping past us on penalties at Pittodrie. And we also had a wee shout at Parkhead against the unbeaten Rodgers' Celtic team, held them till 83 minutes and had a corner shortly before they scored. But these were all memorable occasions against clubs who traditionally pumped Alloa.

The surreal moment of the decade was surely Michael Chopra signing. I think his debut at Ibrox (2-2 draw) might have been the night of 'same old Alloa...' as well. Despite being a couple of stone overweight he played his part in the play-off escape with goals against Brechin and Forfar, the final being another memorable day. 

Relegating Falkirk was funny too. 

Edited by Waspie

Indeed. I look forward to having a similar thread to this every year. [emoji6]

But if anyone can pick any ten year period they like (as both you and SD have said) then the OP was presumably picking one that ends in 8 days time when he referred to "this decade".

Yeah, it's been a tremendous ten years, with the semi-final win against Rangers probably the highlight.

I think my favourite moment was Kirky's goal against Dumbarton in the playoff final win, with him running over to the fans followed by the rest of the players to celebrate. I was right in amoung those celebrations, which were well caught on camera. [emoji16]

I don't do facebook at the moment, but knew a team of the decade was muted. I'll pass on my eleven. Difficult to set the rules for these things e.g. do loan players count (I'm assuming yes), is there a minimum number of games?

Tough choice for Alloa fans too after an extremely successful 10 years by our own standards. Third Division title, two Second Division / 'League One' promotions and five seasons in the second tier. Some absolutely terrific football played by different Alloa teams over that era, with teams managed by Hartley, Ross and Goodwin standing out. The current Facebook poll to pick the team of the decade is incredibly difficult. 
For one off matches, the Challenge Cup win over Rangers will always be a very special one. Missing 8 players, 2-0 down with less than 20 minutes to go only to come back and get a late winner to win 3-2. Extraordinary stuff. We should have beaten them more than once really, think we had five draws against them over those two seasons. We've also had a couple of wins each against Hibs and Dundee Utd. Slight regret we didn't add Hearts to that list on a day when we were the better team and had them on the ropes late on. Aberdeen scraping past us on penalties at Pittodrie. And we also had a wee shout at Parkhead against the unbeaten Rodgers' Celtic team, held them till 83 minutes and had a corner shortly before they scored. But these were all memorable occasions against clubs who traditionally pumped Alloa.
The surreal moment of the decade was surely Michael Chopra signing. I think his debut at Ibrox (2-2 draw) might have been the night of 'same old Alloa...' as well. Despite being a couple of stone overweight he played his part in the play-off escape with goals against Brechin and Forfar, the final being another memorable day. 
Relegating Falkirk was funny too. 

8 hours ago, velo army said:

Getting our highest league finish since 1982 was nice.

Otherwise a bit meh.

Sigh, knew I shouldn't have mentioned it but, in for a penny...........

It is in fact everyone else, other than Printer who is completely failing to understand time and redefining it to suit their own purpose. It's much more obvious if you think about it in terms of the Millennium. Clearly in order for 1,000 years to have passed you have to wait to the end of the 1000th year. This is why the Millennium didn't technically change until 1st January 2001 despite everyone getting their knickers in a twist 12 months earlier when we had completed 1,999 years. So it is with decades too. I thought you Thistle fans were supposed to be the bright studenty types?

2 hours ago, DAFC. said:

He is a club legend. A lot of folk will naturally highlight those goals against the Wee Team, but his winner at the death up at Dingwall a few weeks previous was absolutely crucial. 

I honestly love the guy, but would still hold Crawford in higher regard (for his playing days, of course). 

Aye he had a wonderful knack of scoring crucial last minute goals for us too. During the festive period (2001, peak Lambie) he was brought on as a sub against Ayr (boxing day) and scored the winner about 10minutes from time. 3 days later Lambie kept him on the bench, bringing him on to score the winner against St Mirren. If we didn't have the utter silky genius of Scott Paterson in that team then Hardie would be my absolute favourite Thistle player. All the ingredients of a cult hero.

Wasn't Jesus born in 4 A.D. or something anyway, according to people who study these things (and not religious nuts either; people who believe he did exist as a preacher/holy man/peace activist but not as the Son of God)? Anyway...

Obviously the two big events for Pars fans were the Raith derby - the one stand out moment of the decade being the "Never ten yairds" free-kick - and the Lord Woolston decision that the club was going to survive. Other than that though, there are a few other moments that stand out for me.

The Ross County away game where we scored at the death (again Hardie doing the business) - it just seemed like we were going to win the league after that and there were only about 100 or so Pars fans up there on that Tuesday night.

The Stenhousemuir away game that finished 5-4 - we were 3-1 down late, 4-2 down even later and scored 3 goals after about 89 minutes to win the game 5-4. An incredible end to a game.

Lewis Martin scoring a header from a corner against Sevco in the last game of the season they won League One. They had won every away game that season and were looking to complete the full set, we were playing a young and inexperienced team as we prepared for the play offs (the less said about that the better) yet we held on for a 1-1 with Martin getting the equaliser, then Moshi had a meltdown at the end after having "You're just a shite Pocahontas" chanted at him for most of the match.

13 minutes ago, Salvo Montalbano said:

Wasn't Jesus born in 4 A.D. or something anyway, according to people who study these things (and not religious nuts either; people who believe he did exist as a preacher/holy man/peace activist but not as the Son of God)? Anyway...

Well indeed.  I think there have been some recalibrations along the way since as well.

Even if the dates were accurate in relation to the life of Christ however, they would still just amount to a human construct.

SD and Velo's Army make the mistake of thinking the terms we've imposed have anything much to do with time itself.  I'm no physicist, but I'm led to believe it's a more complicated affair than the linear thing we attach numbers to.

Anyway, in football terms, the decade has barely a week left.

14 minutes ago, Monkey Tennis said:

Well indeed.  I think there have been some recalibrations along the way since as well.

Even if the dates were accurate in relation to the life of Christ however, they would still just amount to a human construct.

SD and Velo's Army make the mistake of thinking the terms we've imposed have anything much to do with time itself.  I'm no physicist, but I'm led to believe it's a more complicated affair than the linear thing we attach numbers to.

Anyway, in football terms, the decade has barely a week left.

Nah mate, I was just being flippant. I was irreverently pointing out, indirectly, that in a thread inviting fans to revel in recollection of joyous celebration (aka "scenes") you and a couple of your fellow doonhamers decide that the best use of this thread is in fact to clarify what exactly is meant by a decade.

About half the posts from QOS fans are concerned with the exact beginning and end of a decade, which I suppose is indicative of a fairly dreich 10 year period for you chaps. 

I still hate that timewasting b*****d you had between the sticks in the Challenge Cup final, by the way. 

Have a lovely christmas a'body.

29 minutes ago, velo army said:

Nah mate, I was just being flippant. I was irreverently pointing out, indirectly, that in a thread inviting fans to revel in recollection of joyous celebration (aka "scenes") you and a couple of your fellow doonhamers decide that the best use of this thread is in fact to clarify what exactly is meant by a decade.

About half the posts from QOS fans are concerned with the exact beginning and end of a decade, which I suppose is indicative of a fairly dreich 10 year period for you chaps. 

I still hate that timewasting b*****d you had between the sticks in the Challenge Cup final, by the way. 

Have a lovely christmas a'body.

A dreich decade!

This has been very heaven compared to the 90s, whenever it began or ended.

Edited by Monkey Tennis

People saying Barry Smith is a shite manager but he's listed as the manager that gave 2 clubs their finest moment this decade. Saving Dundee and leading Alloa to a famous victory over Rangers. 

I know he's shit. Settle

2 hours ago, G_Man1985 said:

Perugia v Dundee in Italy. Glad I went over with my dad to see my team play in europe. Something I reckon I won't ever get the chance to do again 😞

However just incredible being out their.

I know we have some differing opinions on what a decade is, but this is a bit far.