Ayr v Queens

17 minutes ago, Monkey Tennis said:

Always good to see obstacles for people simply wanting to watch a football match.

Like a lot of things done in the name of progress it's fine in theory but doesn't always go smoothly in practice. I'm old fashioned,  cash at the gate, or booth,  every time for me but such schemes as Ayr's are fine for the modern citizen  if the glitches can be sorted out. 

3 minutes ago, JK_Queens said:

Semple for brownlie makes us considerably weaker at the back.

Hopefully see a slimmer,  fitter Semple than on his last outing.  I've no problem with his ability if he's anywhere near the player we had last season. 

That's a major blow for us. As has been said, we are significantly weaker with Semple (unless he's managed to shape up since his last outing). Or more, we're weaker without Brownlie.

I wonder if he's going in January.

1 minute ago, D'Jaffo said:

Unless he’s got a knock?

He was good last week.

Geggan is done as a central midfielder, so doesn’t make a lot of sense we’d drop Doc without a good reason.  Hopefully you’re right. I’m not going to dig up the debate on Doc, but it is obvious we need him to play in the short term, as our alternatives are so limited.

Always good to see obstacles for people simply wanting to watch a football match.
Always good to see people making mountains out of molehills.

Ayr replied to my email, there had been an issue with the online tickets this morning. Went to the club shop and got it sorted with no bother.

These things happen and well done to Ayr for the way they dealt with it.

5 minutes ago, gogs said:

No brownie and semple playing gives me the fear

Let's hope the forwards see enough of the ball to take some chances,  we've squandered a few lately,  and the defence won't be under the microscope so much. Looking at Semple's butt in the warm-up here he still looks like the Holm Park at Troqueer on a Sunday morning or Park Farm would be a more apt venue for him.  Hopefully I'm proved massively wrong by the end of the game though. 

Like a lot of things done in the name of progress it's fine in theory but doesn't always go smoothly in practice. I'm old fashioned,  cash at the gate, or booth,  every time for me but such schemes as Ayr's are fine for the modern citizen  if the glitches can be sorted out. 
The short term 'glitches' are still here and we're approaching the new year. This change has not went particularly well.

Delighted for Semple. Clearly had a difficult season so far but has the potential to be an excellent servant for QoS and/or play much higher. Can only hope this is the first game on his road back to full fitness and his best form, although it's hard work that will make the difference not getting excited after one goal.