Dunfermline Athletic vs Ayr United

17 minutes ago, UpInTheAyr said:

Didn't know the Pars had lost their last 3 going into this so that's a bit of a boost.  If we drop out the top 4 tomorrow that must be the first time in a good while.

Would be only the second time over the past two seasons that Ayr haven't been in the top four, according to the ever-reliable Wikipedia.

Apparently you went from 1st to 6th after your 4th game last season but went back to 3rd a week later and haven't left since.

Would be only the second time over the past two seasons that Ayr haven't been in the top four, according to the ever-reliable Wikipedia.
Apparently you went from 1st to 6th after your 4th game last season but went back to 3rd a week later and haven't left since.

That would be the 5-0 pumping at Palmerston.

Didn’t realise we haven’t been out the top 4 since September.

3 minutes ago, ayrunitedfw said:

???

I'm guessing he's just surprised you think we'll finish in the bottom 2. 

We're in bad form but the nature of this league is that it can all change very quickly and a win can come from anywhere. 

I think we'll be somewhere between 4th and 6th. It will all depend on what business we do in January and what business our rivals do. 

24 minutes ago, D'Jaffo said:

Morton and Alloa would be my bet. Arbroath will run out of steam as well but they’re also better than both of those teams.

It's quite amusing as some of our own fans seem to think that the likes of Inverness, Dundee, Arbroath, Dunfermline, QOS & Partick are light years ahead of us, better organised and far more savvy, however when I've pointed out to them the league table and the fact that we were well above most of these teams until recently they just shrug it off and continue to talk us down.

Yes, I'd agree that we've been far from good in recent weeks and do indeed have problems, however every team in this league is in the exact same boat with no consistency, defensive frailties, striking problems, lack of creativity and just general poor play. 

Maybe some of us are watching too much top level stuff on TV and have forgotten that most of the players in this league are second and third rate and have come to expect too much of them, who knows ? But the bottom line is that any player with no weaknesses or great ability quite simply wouldn't be playing their trade in the 2nd tier of Scottish football for very long or even at all.................

Not made many games this season so looking to get to this tomorrow. What is the parking like around East End Park?

Tbh the way things are going I think we’ll struggle to finish top 4 now, although like it’s been said everyone is beating everyone so a few weeks and a lot can change in this league. Just hope for our sake it goes in the right direction.

Being honest neither do I, however that's more down to our current points total than any confidence about the future as everyone continues to cut each others throat.
I'd say Morton, Alloa and Thistle are all worse than ourselves but Partick will undoubtedly be strengthening (which may or may not be successful) and you'd expect injuries and suspensions to eventually take their toll on the two part time sides of Arbroath and Alloa. Morton have appeared to be totally rank on every occasion I've seen them but they always seem to pull a few shock results out of the fire.
Whatever way you look at it it's a very strange league with every team being consistently inconsistent other than United and they're not especially good despite their pool of players and current results.

Injuries and suspensions don't affect us any more or less than full time teams, why would they?