Dunfermline Athletic vs Ayr United

Oh yeah, the game was poorly handled by the ref and reminded me of the time when you came to town intent on giving us a physical going over a few years previously.
From the stands you can tell when a team is intentionally leaving the boot in or being cynical but somehow the ref never sees it until someone gets a bad injury. I’m not saying we haven’t ever been like this or are angels but I’ve only witnessed it four times in the last decade at eep.
Ayr, Arbroath, Peterhead and Forfar. In the Peterhead and Forfar games the ref said f**k this and dealt with it early leading to multiple red cards.
Ayr came out determined to bully us and falkingham got absolutely flattened by Adams, stick on red card. Not even a yellow. Minutes later fordyce gets his leg and ankle broken, don’t even think a free kick was awarded. It’s games like this where the ref needs a bit of savvy and show early reds.
That said I hope geggan and Paton go mental.
Aye when Moore broke Fordyce's ankle in an absolute cowards tackle. Ref never even gave a foul [emoji23]

Yeah, the Fordyce injury was dreadful, but his foot rolled over the ball which did the damage.  It’s actually quite odd hearing fans complaining about us being physical when it’s a lack of physicality that’s blighted us for  more years than I can remember.    Adams flattening Falkingham was pretty hilarious though (if we’re thinking about the same body check challenge).  I’m convinced the ref let it go as he was as sick of Falkingham greeting and girning as everyone else.

Oh yeah, the game was poorly handled by the ref and reminded me of the time when you came to town intent on giving us a physical going over a few years previously.
From the stands you can tell when a team is intentionally leaving the boot in or being cynical but somehow the ref never sees it until someone gets a bad injury. I’m not saying we haven’t ever been like this or are angels but I’ve only witnessed it four times in the last decade at eep.
Ayr, Arbroath, Peterhead and Forfar. In the Peterhead and Forfar games the ref said f**k this and dealt with it early leading to multiple red cards.
Ayr came out determined to bully us and falkingham got absolutely flattened by Adams, stick on red card. Not even a yellow. Minutes later fordyce gets his leg and ankle broken, don’t even think a free kick was awarded. It’s games like this where the ref needs a bit of savvy and show early reds.
That said I hope geggan and Paton go mental.

Think you need to go and rewatch those highlights mate.

Fordyce breaking his leg was unfortunate but it wasn’t even a foul by Moore and the way he landed was how he did the damage. Adams body check on Falky was probably a yellow at most.

I don’t even think we were that physical that day. The 1-1 draw at Starks Park a couple of seasons ago was brutal though. Adams and Bell in midfield taking bodies, 6 bookings for us and Val McDermid absolutely seething afterwards calling the Ayr players “agricultural”.

21 minutes ago, D'Jaffo said:

The 1-1 draw at Starks Park a couple of seasons ago was brutal though. Adams and Bell in midfield taking bodies, 6 bookings for us and Val McDermid absolutely seething afterwards calling the Ayr players “agricultural”.

delicious gordon ramsay GIF by Masterchef

17 hours ago, 1320Lichtie said:

Injuries and suspensions don't affect us any more or less than full time teams, why would they?

Speaking from experience, generally the part time sides have smaller squads so tend to be more badly affected in the later part of the season as the inevitable injuries and suspensions kick in. I'd also say that fatigue plays a part as well or it certainly seemed to do with Ayr when we were part time, especially when we were playing 2 games per week in the winter months due to postponements etc.

Fucking Danny Devine, I don't care how match fit either Murray or Lang are why in the f**k are we pairing Devine and Ashcroft? It's shown to not work and be disastrous, if we get beat today that's on Crawford. 

Aye it’s shocking. As is turner staying in but Thomson being dropped

Thank f**k Moff and Houston are out.  We are much better 433 without Houston and also Moff cutting into Kelly's space. 

Yup, we were so much worse at the start of the season with Moffat in the 4-3-3.

Geggan has been ripped to bits at RB far more than Houston has and offers less going forward, but we’ll see.