Dunfermline Athletic vs Ayr United

Words cannot explain how much we needed that. Delighted for Kerr, Moore and pretty much all the players.

We’ve not had much luck but it sounds like we got some today with Dunfermline playing better but hey ho, I couldn’t care less.

Better team beat again. The dow sub has to be injury related otherwise its mental.
Sick of the club and the lucky to have one attitude. Get this clown out now and get someone in with half a clue not some east fife reject.
Sliding down the league and half the fans are just walking out not caring. Total apathy.

Will need to see on the highlights. I know scully can’t commit until late with a ball across the front but it didn’t look a great touch and it traveled far enough he should have done better.

That was a poor 2nd half. Taking dow off was a mistake and our desperate punts were depressing to watch.

Ref totally lost control and really needs to explain himself to scully. He allowed a dangerous situation to needlessly happen and got lucky that scully wasn’t seriously hurt.

Said on the radio it was a 50-50! So it can’t have been as bad as you are making out here!

I will wait for the highlights to see for myself

If anyone tries to argue we can’t afford to get rid of Crawford then I would politely counter that we can’t afford not to.

I wanted Petrie after AJ left and instead he’s got a part-time side fighting miles out of their weight class on an absolute fraction of our budget.

Our board have done a lot right but their decisions to give AJ a renewal and give Craw the job have been absolute disasters.

I think bringing Geggan off was the correct decision. Love the man but he’s a hothead and getting booked so early was always going to lead to him either being subbed or sent off.

An away win with a clean sheet is always a terrific result and hopefully this is used as a catalyst for the rest of the season.

Looking at our fixtures in January I sadly can’t see us taking a single point. An average Pars side have turned us over twice this season similar to Dundee, we turn into absolute shitebags against Inverness and McCall has turned Partick around and he will be desperate to put one over us.
Kerr said in his post match interview after QOS that we would sign 2 maybe 3 players. That is simply no where near enough. We need at least 5 to salvage this season and not be involved in a relegation battle. A really shite state of affairs and no sign of the tide turning.  
I'll fucking eat my hat if we fail to pick up a point. That's a mental prediction.
You've jinxed us now. Post bookmarked. 
tasty-hats-the-paddy-ashdown-conundrum_554cd55b913a2_w1500.thumb.jpg.310afcaa8d1fa46a31bfa03b71a2175a.jpg
What type of hat is it? Will you follow through and send us a video?

Never, ever in doubt.

I know I mentioned it a lot but the performance first half at tannadice was better than just 'good'. We were excellent, and then the world collapsed in on us (partly due to defensive mistakes, which we make too often, and partly due to the ref's fuckwittery).

That game proved to me that Kerr can get this group playing very well.

Yes we are shaky at the back, yes we lack options there and in midfield, and yes Moore isn't a great striker. But we're still one of the better teams in the league.

It sounds like we weren't great today but we weathered some early pressure, and Forrest has created a goal which Moore nicked in. After that we had chances on the break but also relied on our very good GK.

Folk were being way too negative. Yes we have problems and yes Kerr needs to get some business done soon. He's certainly not out the woods yet but this will take some pressure off. Tough games coming up but we should fear no-one in this league.

Great result, lads.

41 minutes ago, parsforlife said:

Will need to see on the highlights. I know scully can’t commit until late with a ball across the front but it didn’t look a great touch and it traveled far enough he should have done better.

That was a poor 2nd half. Taking dow off was a mistake and our desperate punts were depressing to watch.

Ref totally lost control and really needs to explain himself to scully. He allowed a dangerous situation to needlessly happen and got lucky that scully wasn’t seriously hurt.

Listen the ref was as pedantic and inconsistent for both teams. The collision between Moore and Scully is caused by the stupid rule that says you let the play develop and then put the flag up. Moore was entitled to go for the ball, two players competing for the same ball nothing more imo. 

If the plays blown dead at the earliest opportunity then the collision doesn't happen. 

I’m led to believe the radio commentary said the collision with Moore and Scully was a possible penalty appeal?  

Pars twitter said it was offside.

Although they were moaning that Moore was offside so their admin get get it right them.

As scrappy and ugly performance away from home as you're likely to see but we'll take it. 

Credit to Kerr for bringing Houston on when he did, Geggan would've been sent off as the game progressed I've no doubt, especially with that referee. 

The goal took the wind out of Dunfermlines sails, I think we were pretty comfortable for large parts of that 2nd half with them resorting to Ashcroft lumping it diagonally to Nisbet. The second striker didn't have the effect the home team would've wanted and it also saw Kiltie being moved out to the left where he was nowhere as effective as he had been in the 1st half. 

We'll definitely play better this season and lose, it was that kind of game. Huge credit to the back 4 and midfield 3 who were excellent, Kelly in particular has got some engine on him and Houston kept Kiltie quiet when he came on. 

Anyone notice Moff heading straight up the tunnel at full time? Hope all is well there, we need every talented player we have at the moment. 

1 minute ago, pandarilla said:
10 minutes ago, BukyOHare said:
Listen the ref was as pedantic and inconsistent for both teams. The collision between Moore and Scully is caused by the stupid rule that says you let the play develop and then put the flag up. Moore was entitled to go for the ball, two players competing for the same ball nothing more imo. 
If the plays blown dead at the earliest opportunity then the collision doesn't happen. 

You need to read my post properly, I wasn't at the game, and wasn't commenting on today's ref.

I honestly don't know what you're talking about mate. My post wasn't aimed at anyone in particular. 

A tactical masterclass by Kerr, let's stop trying to play football and shitfest our way to victory. When you're in a rut you need to go back to basics, we did that today defending in numbers. Once we scored it was pretty comfortable tbh.

I wish the Fifers would stop moaning about fouls. Every time their players go down they give it the dying fly when they are not diving. At one point for a Dunfermline throw Kiltie threw himself to the ground before the throw was even taken with no one near him. Embarassing.

Special mention to Stevie Bell who still has Nisbet in his pocket. 

Most pleasing.