Dunfermline Athletic vs Ayr United

Just now, Trogdor said:

In this instance, I think it's your eyes that are the problem. Try removing the tinted specs, I'll give my view on the Geggan incident once I see it back likewise Moore and Scully from what Kerr said Moore had a dead leg and stud marks if he touched the ball Scully has to go as the whistle hasn't gone. How Moore is meant to know he is offside I'm not so sure. You play to the whistle.

Bless you and your dodgy eyes, respect for persevering. 

1 minute ago, Trogdor said:

In this instance, I think it's your eyes that are the problem. Try removing the tinted specs, I'll give my view on the Geggan incident once I see it back likewise Moore and Scully from what Kerr said Moore had a dead leg and stud marks if he touched the ball Scully has to go as the whistle hasn't gone. How Moore is meant to know he is offside I'm not so sure. You play to the whistle.

My instinct was the Geggan had to be sent off also from what a remember play had stopped when Moore flew into Scully he must have known he was offside forward players tend to watch the line. The whole situation was brought about due to the mad rule where you have to wait for the player to play the ball before giving offside - there is no way the keeper in the box is being penalised in today's game they can do what they like - not that I thought Scully came out in a dangerous fashion but Moore looked like he straightened his leg and went into Scully which is a red card. But from this ref I'm not surprised that he made mistakes he was a terrible official. The Alloa manager was going mental on sportsound - the refs at this level are honking almost as bad as the teams.

Ref did exactly what I mentioned earlier on in the thread. Inconsistent and lenient and not realising a dirty challenge.

Geggan should have been off, compare it to the sending off at Dens park of kiltie. What's the difference?

Thomson was looking for it but it wasnt a dive.

As for the challenge on the keeper I dont think you can blame anyone apart from the daft rule where you have to wait until a flag goes up. Hard to blame anyone including Moore,scully or the officials. Just bad timing.

Edit I mean geggan off for second challenge. He knew it as he ran away and ayr quickly subbed him.

9 minutes ago, Adam101 said:

My instinct was the Geggan had to be sent off also from what a remember play had stopped when Moore flew into Scully he must have known he was offside forward players tend to watch the line. The whole situation was brought about due to the mad rule where you have to wait for the player to play the ball before giving offside - there is no way the keeper in the box is being penalised in today's game they can do what they like - not that I thought Scully came out in a dangerous fashion but Moore looked like he straightened his leg and went into Scully which is a red card. But from this ref I'm not surprised that he made mistakes he was a terrible official. The Alloa manager was going mental on sportsound - the refs at this level are honking almost as bad as the teams.

I'll need to watch them back. The Geggan one it's impossible to comment on with any credibility from the East stand as I'm too far away.

The Moore Scully one is an interesting one in that you can have two polar opposite views that each have some legitimacy. Again I'll watch it back but the argument that Moore knows he is offside as he should be watching the line so shouldn't contest the ball is fine if he knows he is offside but if he doesn't he has every right to play the ball. Which I thought he did before being cleaned out by Scully. Perhaps this is why the ref didn't dish out any cards? As it's so hard to tell.

I agree that the offside rule is mad they should flag straight away and the level of officials most weeks is absolutely dire.

Edited by Trogdor

On 02/01/2020 at 10:51, ayrunitedfw said:

Looking at our fixtures in January I sadly can’t see us taking a single point. An average Pars side have turned us over twice this season similar to Dundee, we turn into absolute shitebags against Inverness and McCall has turned Partick around and he will be desperate to put one over us.

Kerr said in his post match interview after QOS that we would sign 2 maybe 3 players. That is simply no where near enough. We need at least 5 to salvage this season and not be involved in a relegation battle. A really shite state of affairs and no sign of the tide turning.  

Get it right up me. Mon the Ayr. 

46 minutes ago, parsforlife said:

there’s letting play develop and letting a dangerous situation develop. It wasn’t like there was another Ayr player going towards the ball that was onside . A good referee would have stopped it as soon as it was clear that Moore was going to contest for the ball.

Not too far wrong here tbf, you played the referee like a fiddle and i’d be wanting my team to do the same and take advantage of that. Baring geggan and possibly Moore nothing was overly dirty and when you kept getting away with the gamesmanship there was absolutely no reason to stop.

Not one of our players would have been close to a card for diving, it’s bonkers to suggest that, only yer da who wants everything to return to the the 70s would think anyone would get done for diving.

Scully was never getting any action against him, why would he it was never dangerous what he did(unlike Moore)

fwiw Moore was never entitled to go in hard like that, he was offside had been flagged for offside and knew it but still chose to launch himself at scully, same wee coward he’s always been.

Happy to see the replay and if that's how it was then I'll say you were right. I suspect the truths somewhere in the middle though. Your manager's already been quoted as saying Moore was onside apparently. 

1 minute ago, BukyOHare said:

Happy to see the replay and if that's how it was then I'll say you were right. I suspect the truths somewhere in the middle though. Your manager's already been quoted as saying Moore was onside apparently. 

Was that not for our goal?

2 minutes ago, BukyOHare said:

No offside would have resulted in a stonewall penalty and sending off for the keeper 

Aye onside for the goal.

If the ref never blew for the offside then Moore wouldn’t have known. He’s a combative wee player so he’s always going to go for the ball. Shite for Scully that he was the goalie trying to stop him.

Crawford confirmed he was onside for the goal. Nothing about that incident

5 minutes ago, BukyOHare said:

wiw Moore was never entitled to go in hard like that, he was offside had been flagged for offside and knew it but still chose to launch himself at scully, same wee coward he’s always been.

100% incorrect , penalty all day long and totally entitled to go for ball , pity the keeper never went for it  

1 minute ago, D'Jaffo said:

Aye onside for the goal.

If the ref never blew for the offside then Moore wouldn’t have known. He’s a combative wee player so he’s always going to go for the ball. Shite for Scully that he was the goalie trying to stop him.

Apologies I thought it was for the Scully incident as I didn't think there was a debate for his goal. 

Dunfermline fans feeling hard done by. Too much moaning about the ref and the opposition and not nearly enough of their own team and management's failings. 

Dunfermline fans feeling hard done by. Too much moaning about the ref and the opposition and not nearly enough of their own team and management's failings. 

Think poet covers this pretty well tbf.

I don’t feel hard done by and I don’t think many others will either. We didn’t play well enough and our flaws are well discussed. There’s not anything for us to argue about, we agree that Devine and Ashcroft shouldn’t play together, we all agree that a new goalkeeper is a must, there’s only so many times these things can be said and we have been talking about it for the last 4 weeks, there’s just nothing new to discuss really.

2 minutes ago, parsforlife said:

Think poet covers this pretty well tbf.

I don’t feel hard done by and I don’t think many others will either. We didn’t play well enough and our flaws are well discussed. There’s not anything for us to argue about, we agree that Devine and Ashcroft shouldn’t play together, we all agree that a new goalkeeper is a must, there’s only so many times these things can be said and we have been talking about it for the last 4 weeks, there’s just nothing new to discuss really.

That's fair enough. I don't tend to follow other teams' threads.