Dunfermline Athletic vs Ayr United

4 minutes ago, WATTOO said:

100% this.

The whole team misses something when Geggan doesn't play. Yes, he can be rash and walks the line quite often but we get bullied far too easily when he's not playing.

So a kind of Ice Hockey enforcer type?! Play him sitting in front of the back 4 then. He hasn't got the engine to be an effective full back for how we want to play and his distribution is found out at full back as well. 

I honestly don't mind him overall before anyone thinks this is overly negative. 

3 minutes ago, No_Problemo said:

I need some Steven Bell celebrations in my life...

Do you think he likes winning? You'd think he'd scored the winning goal for Scotland in a World Cup final yesterday. Great to see it means that much. Go right to the end of the AU media highlights to right at the final whistle and you'll see Sir Moffs starting position prior to heading up the tunnel. 

5 hours ago, Poet of the Macabre said:

Ayr fans used to burst veins every time Cardle or Faiss touched the ball. The mouth breathers on the halfway line at Somerset are just as dumb as our worst fans.

Still do apparently, an Ayr fan was reported for being racist to Faiss last week, Ayr fans then complained that the other fan was a grass, mouth breathers is being kind. 

That's a red all day long for Geggan, you can't purposely pull someone by the neck. 

3 minutes ago, Grant228 said:

Still do apparently, an Ayr fan was reported for being racist to Faiss last week, Ayr fans then complained that the other fan was a grass, mouth breathers is being kind. 

That's a red all day long for Geggan, you can't purposely pull someone by the neck. 

mad max thats GIF

10 minutes ago, Grant228 said:

Think the boy was about 12 so I’d be very surprised if he knew he’d played for Dunfermline before. However, whether he’s about 12 or no, he’s still a c**t. 

On the Geggan one, I don't think there is enough in it to be a red.

As an aside, he must have some upper body strength to throw someone down by their neck. 

That being said, he was taken off at the right time before he was sent off. The frustration with that yellow is two fold, Doohan has a disaster of a kick and then Geggan wins the ball and then takes the second guy out when not it a dangerous position. It's a strange one from him but he is a hot head.

The Moore and Scully one is fair enough having watched it back. Both are justifiably going for the ball. Moore doesn't get a touch so even if onside it wouldn't be a penalty. 

18 minutes ago, Grant228 said:

Big Fish Sport GIF by Outside TV

Watched the highlights there, mostly to see the Geggan “chokeslam”. It’s one of those ones where it’s probably just about the correct decision. Yellow seems like not enough to Dunfermline but red would seem outrageous to Ayr. Tough one to call but referee gets its right, just.

Did anyone else miss the "you're not supposed to beat Dunfermline when they're at home" memo? It happens, especially in this league. 

Cmon guys overall, I thought better of you than this. The knicker wetting has gone on a wee bit too long, we got the points you didn't. 

If you keep creating the chances you did in the 1st half then it'll turn for the better, no doubt. 

As an aside, you should get Peter Grant as your next manager if Crawford becomes the fall guy. That whiny cant will fit right in as the modern day William Wallace, leader of other whiny cants. 

33 minutes ago, BukyOHare said:

Go right to the end of the AU media highlights to right at the final whistle and you'll see Sir Moffs starting position prior to heading up the tunnel. 

I like Moffat, my favourite player in my time supporting the club.

However, something isn't quite clicking for him at the moment. He wasn't great yesterday, balls that he usually controls with ease were bouncing off him, his first touch was off and his passing was absent. 

I really hope there is nothing in the background like a falling out or a PCA! Hopefully it's just the fact he isn't starting, the issue is with Moore scoring Moffat wont get a start next week either. 

18 minutes ago, callum-ayr said:

Think the boy was about 12 so I’d be very surprised if he knew he’d played for Dunfermline before. However, whether he’s about 12 or no, he’s still a c**t. 

You'd be surprised if he knew he played for Dunfermline last season? How simple are the 12 year olds in Ayrshire? 

The other fans who criticised the reporter are just as big a set of c***s. 

1 minute ago, Grant228 said:

You'd be surprised if he knew he played for Dunfermline last season? How simple are the 12 year olds in Ayrshire? 

Some people should be seen and not heard you are one of these people...

5cd0746141908_giphy(2).gif.06c6a115849f284fdfdacdeaebfed086.gif

1 minute ago, Grant228 said:

Christ even I forgot he was there last year. Quite disappointing though to try use an isolated incident from a game last week, to deflect from your pish result yesterday. Must be truly hurting. 

11 minutes ago, Trogdor said:

I like Moffat, my favourite player in my time supporting the club.

However, something isn't quite clicking for him at the moment. He wasn't great yesterday, balls that he usually controls with ease were bouncing off him, his first touch was off and his passing was absent. 

I really hope there is nothing in the background like a falling out or a PCA! Hopefully it's just the fact he isn't starting, the issue is with Moore scoring Moffat wont get a start next week either. 

That's what I think might be the issue. He'll feel he's done more than enough this season to be in the starting eleven, a fact emphasised by oppositions' fans opinions as well. 

His nose will be out of joint but if it gets him refocussed and energised to fight for his place then it'll benefit the squad overall in their level of performances both in matches and training. 

He doesn't strike you as the huffy type, and who knows perhaps there's things going on away from football. As supporters we often overlook that these guys are really just like anyone else on here and will have their ups and downs like the rest of us. 

Edited by BukyOHare

Just now, Grant228 said:

Who could forget his meltdown at the gaffer at full time back in March

20190330113639.jpg