Dunfermline Athletic vs Ayr United

2 hours ago, edinburghhonestman said:

That was a good three points given our recent slump. Even better that it was dug out by a decent team effort. It was good to see Kerr going round each of the players at full time and this will hopefully do their confidence a world of good.

I haven't seen Ayr for a few weeks but most of the problems out there didn't seem to be the manager's fault from what I saw. A failure to find an Ayr player countless times and a lack of movement in the final third should be basic skills. I do wonder why he's playing Moore ahead of Moffat, though, as Moore's link up play is pretty poor. I'm also not getting the hate for Houston. I thought he was decent when he first signed and I thought he was pretty steady when he came on.

As far as the game goes, I'm not sure I agree with those Pars fans that think they were miles ahead in the first half. The stats had us having far more of the ball although we were poor in the final third. Dunfermline were more direct but Doohan only had to make one save of note.

Second half, Dunfermline looked short of ideas and I thought we were relatively comfortable. We do try and play from the back a bit too much at times but Nisbet was well marshalled by our defence and Doohan was solid in everything he did.

I'll suspend judgement on the Geggan and Moore incidents until I see the highlights as we were so far away but in real time it looked like Geggan might have been a wee bit lucky but that Scully took Moore out.

Moffat has been really poor and has even looked disinterested in recent weeks, although that could have been something to do with our formation. As for Houston, I've already mentioned my thoughts on him where he's just a bit raw, inexperienced and positionally naive. I'm sure he'll improve but he can be a liability at times with his runs up the pitch and almost chasing after the ball schoolboy style.

It's all just opinions though.

Has SC initiated some kind of bizarre team incentive to avoid getting booked?

I don't want the Pars to be 100% cynical and physical, but to lose at home and not have a single booking against you (yet again) suggests to me that there's a lack of fight throughout the team.  Even if you're just competing hard for every 50/50 ball yo'd expect to pick up the odd yellow.

Just now, LuoAnLai said:

Has SC initiated some kind of bizarre team incentive to avoid getting booked?

I don't want the Pars to be 100% cynical and physical, but to lose at home and not have a single booking against you (yet again) suggests to me that there's a lack of fight throughout the team.  Even if you're just competing hard for every 50/50 ball yo'd expect to pick up the odd yellow.

We made a few cynical stopping the breaks type tackles - in truth the referee was hopeless.

I agree it's something we need to be better that though.

37 minutes ago, WATTOO said:

Moffat has been really poor and has even looked disinterested in recent weeks, although that could have been something to do with our formation. As for Houston, I've already mentioned my thoughts on him where he's just a bit raw, inexperienced and positionally naive. I'm sure he'll improve but he can be a liability at times with his runs up the pitch and almost chasing after the ball schoolboy style.

It's all just opinions though.

At full time, the whole team went over to the away fans, not Moff who was straight up the tunnel, even before some of the home team. 

Probably nothing, but didn't look good. 

At full time, the whole team went over to the away fans, not Moff who was straight up the tunnel, even before some of the home team. 
f**k, that's worrying.

I hope he's not away in January. There are a lot of teams that would pay decent money for him.

f**k, that's worrying.

I hope he's not away in January. There are a lot of teams that would pay decent money for him.

There was an interview with him in one of the papers and it sounded like he was staying and didn’t point to any sort of rift with Kerr that had been rumoured.

I just think he’s coming to the end a bit now which is sad to say. He’s not been himself when he was playing and with Moore scoring today there’s no justification to bring him in next week.

Looking at the highlights.

For all Dunfermline being the “better team” they carved out very few good chances.

Geggans foul on Ross is a yellow. Never a red.

Moore is offside going one on one with Scully but if he wasn’t it’s a clear penalty for Ayr. He lifts his leg to try and get a touch but brings it down just before Scully hits him. Very poor from the linesman though not flagging earlier as that collision could’ve been avoided.

52 minutes ago, pandarilla said:

f**k, that's worrying.

He’s off to Firhill

51 minutes ago, HMIP said:

Wow, can’t believe the Dunfermline fans thought Geggan was due a straight red card.  Shower of prissy little school girls.

Bit sexist, dude.

I get the impression him and Kerr don't see eye to eye, or he's got a move lined up