Ireland

Crùbag

14 minutes ago, Henderson to deliver ..... said:

Those plans for the new bridge in full.

IMG_20200210_165633.thumb.jpg.85b8d8ab62862b9ad8e0feaa2f85ff5d.jpg

Apart from the fact it is virtually impossible to build one, the thought of a bridge between a united Ireland and an Indy Scotland being built and paid for by the English government is stauner inducing.

I thought that at it's deepest it's 175 Mtrs off Galloway, Jack Ups were used regularly in the Irish Sea.

Off blackpool average is about 80 -100m thats some length of legs youll need there off Galloway [emoji23]

I thought that at it's deepest it's 175 Mtrs off Galloway, Jack Ups were used regularly in the Irish Sea.

15 hours ago, Bohemian said:

If anyone thinks the rise of SF in the south has anything to do with a united Ireland they are very much mistaken. If a United Ireland happens it happens but there isn't any real appetite for it just now.

This election was a clear message to FF/FG (who are now viewed by most as the same party, different checks of the same arse to use a phrase we know too well in Scotland) that people in Ireland especially the younger generation are sick of their shite. 

The real issues for people in Ireland are housing, crime and health all of which have been neglected by FF/FG through years of austerity, SF have promised to end this, will they is another matter but that's what the people voted on, to give them a chance, I'd have my doubts.

I'm not so sure about that.

Four in five Irish people want a united Ireland, according to a poll for The Times.

More than 40 per cent of voters said that they wanted to see a united Ireland in the next decade, with a further 19 per cent saying they wanted unity to happen within 20 years.

https://www.thetimes.co.uk/article/election-2020-we-want-united-ireland-say-four-in-five-voters-bcsbnkjld

9 minutes ago, Crùbag said:

From the Guardian report:

An exit poll found that 57% of people supported Sinn Féin’s desire to hold referendums on unity on both sides of the border in the next five years.

6 minutes ago, John Lambies Doos said:
25 minutes ago, MixuFixit said:
Can someone explain to me like I'm 5 what the deal is with the Healy-Raes?

Dominant in Kerry, look after Kerry people well. Family political mafia and opportunists imo.

That's one thing they have in common with Sinn Fein, so the coalition is starting to take shape...

2 hours ago, Crùbag said:

I'm pretty sure most people in the Republic of Ireland if asked would say yeah they want an United Ireland, this election was not about this

Edited by Bohemian

1 hour ago, MixuFixit said:

Can someone explain to me like I'm 5 what the deal is with the Healy-Raes?

Absolute cave dwellers but the people of Kerry keep voting them back in.  Its bewildering and pretty embarrassing if you are of sound mind and from Kerry I imagine 

24 minutes ago, Bohemian said:

Absolute cave dwellers but the people of Kerry keep voting them back in.  Its bewildering and pretty embarrassing if you are of sound mind and from Kerry I imagine 

Won't be too many of those, shirley?

3 hours ago, Crùbag said:

Those polled have never been to Larne or Ballymena. Would the Republic seriously take a million furious loyalists to its bosom. How else are people expected to answer a question on part of what is supposed to be the national political creed? Northern Ireland is a political, financial and, to some extent,moral basket case and that might be a consideration in an actual vote.