Cobra. Sky1

Flybhoy

Anyone catch the first episode of this mini series tonight on 106?

A bit cliched at times but based on the scenario where some goings on in space knock out the national grid/electricity supply leading to planes falling from the sky, the internet going dead, phone lines chucking it and life support machines conking out.

Bizarrely, seems to be playing out with, going by the varied regional accents in the cabinet, a Labour government in place with none other than Francis Begbie as prime minister, answers on a postcard as to which accent Robert Carlyle is using, it swings from Glasgow Uni to Lancashire to Home Counties in the same sentence, naturally the chief government scientist is a beardy hipster who looks in need of a good shower before the electricity and hot water goes off for good.

Promising first episode with more than a hint of 'The Thick of It' about things, like Chernobyl, SKY can at times commission good drama series, especially, like Chernobyl, disaster based even if it is more fictional, although in our lifetimes such a scenario may not be totally out of the question  

1 hour ago, 54_and_counting said:

I liked the look of the trailer, think I'll wait till its finished and binge watch it, hate having to wait a week for another episode when its a continuing storyline

All six episodes were released yesterday :)

19 hours ago, Bert Raccoon said:

Thought this was about the classic movie featuring Sylvester Stallone and Bidgette Nielson. As you were.

That's what I was hoping for when I saw the thread title.

21bc9916d6133f811f25e41c638d1a43--action

I've been working my way through a few 1980s video shop classics recently. I watched Missing in Action the other night and I'm planning to stick Bloodsport on later. 

Edited by tongue_tied_danny

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
On ‎19‎/‎01‎/‎2020 at 14:31, tongue_tied_danny said:

That's what I was hoping for when I saw the thread title.

21bc9916d6133f811f25e41c638d1a43--action

I've been working my way through a few 1980s video shop classics recently. I watched Missing in Action the other night and I'm planning to stick Bloodsport on later. 

am I correct in saying "crimes a disease;hes the cure"?